• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reimbursement Timeline?

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Stop the presses! (And knock me over with a feather.) I got the mail last night, and there was a check from FCA for the EGR Cooler replacement ($2700+), which I paid for back in April. So two of three. (The final check I anticipate is the remainder of the $3075. If no previous owner makes a claim, the last $615 will be sent to me as well.) :)

Bethany Byard

Jul 23, 2019
Truck Year
I submitted my claim in the 31st of May shortly after getting the AEM and it is still in Review phase. Should I be concerned?

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
I submitted my claim in the 31st of May shortly after getting the AEM and it is still in Review phase. Should I be concerned?
Noit just takes a long time. Are you getting an hour glass next to "document package" when you go to track claim on the settlement site? If so, to speed things up, you should call the settlement number and try to get someone to look at your "document package" and have them make sure everything needed is there. You may have to call a few times til you get someone who knows how to go in and check, but it's worth it as it can help speed things up.

Bethany Byard

Jul 23, 2019
Truck Year

Yes the hourglass is next to Document Package. I have not recieved an offer. I tried calling once and it got me nowhere lol.

Mjchitt

May 22, 2019
Truck Year
Yes the hourglass is next to Document Package. I have not recieved an offer. I tried calling once and it got me nowhere lol.
Yeah, that happened to me too. What I didn't realize was that I had to also include my wife's (co-owner) ID. It took 7.5 weeks for them to tell me that was missing, and I think they only took a loom at it because I called a lot and bothered them. Or maybe I just got the right person. Keep trying, it's worth it. Oh and use this phrasing - "Could you put a note on my file for my case manager to look at it?" This sometimes helps. Hope you get it moving.

Bethany Byard

Jul 23, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah, that happened to me too. What I didn't realize was that I had to also include my wife's (co-owner) ID. It took 7.5 weeks for them to tell me that was missing, and I think they only took a loom at it because I called a lot and bothered them. Or maybe I just got the right person. Keep trying, it's worth it. Oh and use this phrasing - "Could you put a note on my file for my case manager to look at it?" This sometimes helps. Hope you get it moving.
Thank you. They put a note in there today. I sent an email too. My hubby is the only one on it. So that's good.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
August 1 has come and gone; I'm reaching out to FCA today to find out about the balance of the $3075 associated with the settlement. (There had been a 'previous' owner of my EcoDiesel, though he passed away and I confirmed no one would have filed a claim as he'd been the co-owner of the dealership, and it's since been sold to another entity. As such, it was titled to the dealership, and thus they'd not file as that entity no longer exists.) I just wonder if I have to wait another two months for the last $615? :unsure: I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
August 1 has come and gone; I'm reaching out to FCA today to find out about the balance of the $3075 associated with the settlement. (There had been a 'previous' owner of my EcoDiesel, though he passed away and I confirmed no one would have filed a claim as he'd been the co-owner of the dealership, and it's since been sold to another entity. As such, it was titled to the dealership, and thus they'd not file as that entity no longer exists.) I just wonder if I have to wait another two months for the last $615? :unsure: I'll let ya'll know what I find out.
Update: Called the FCA Emissions line. No one can give me an actual 'status,' but the representative I spoke with (Mary) adamantly indicated that if NO other claim was received by August 1, I should get the balance ($615) "Sometime in September..." Sounds like the usual 'six weeks to process...' line they've been giving most of us. Stay tuned! :)

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was told after I submitted required documents it would be 10 to 12 weeks to get an "offer". I can get the flash anytime but no refund will be issued until I accept the offer and the submit the notarized stuff.

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
It has been two months since I submitted my claim electronically, and had the actual V08 recall performed on my RAM. Every time I check the track claim website it says: " check mark Claim submitted" and "hour glass Document Package Complete". It shouldn't take this long to check my document package. I've called and gotten nowhere with the call center people. I think I'll try and send an email to find more information.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
It has been two months since I submitted my claim electronically, and had the actual V08 recall performed on my RAM. Every time I check the track claim website it says: " check mark Claim submitted" and "hour glass Document Package Complete". It shouldn't take this long to check my document package. I've called and gotten nowhere with the call center people. I think I'll try and send an email to find more information.
That does seem extreme...mine took around six weeks, but it also said 'Check mailed to address on file' (or something like that) for over a month. They told me "Oh, it can take six weeks from when the claim was approved for you to receive it." I said, "So WHY does it say 'check mailed...?' That's misleading because even as bad as the US Post Office is, it doesn't take WEEKS for something to arrive here in the U.S!" :cautious:

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I put a lot of miles on my truck as it's my daily commuter. I driver her approximately 600 miles a week. I love that I get 23-24 MPG although I was getting 26-27 MPG before the V08 recall. I'm frustrated because I was hoping to use that settlement money to get a tune and turn off the EGR system so I'm not putting all that nasty exhaust carbon back into the engine. I read through the hole thread, and was astonished to hear how long it took people to get their settlement checks. All the misinformation between the official ecodiesel claim tracking website and what people are actually being told, like yourself Mando. It's time for me to start up my pestering engine and start putting FCA's feet to the fire.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I put a lot of miles on my truck as it's my daily commuter. I driver her approximately 600 miles a week. I love that I get 23-24 MPG although I was getting 26-27 MPG before the V08 recall. I'm frustrated because I was hoping to use that settlement money to get a tune and turn off the EGR system so I'm not putting all that nasty exhaust carbon back into the engine. I read through the hole thread, and was astonished to hear how long it took people to get their settlement checks. All the misinformation between the official ecodiesel claim tracking website and what people are actually being told, like yourself Mando. It's time for me to start up my pestering engine and start putting FCA's feet to the fire.
Scoffman - yeah. And I was 'kind of' the second owner (the owner of the dealership I got mine through 'drove it for a year' but it was never titled to anyone) so I only got part of the settlement. The last $615 would be paid if 'As of August 1, 2019, no claim by a previous owner was received.' Sadly, the owner of the dealership passed away shortly after I bought it, so I KNEW no one else would file a claim. I called FCA and all they could tell me was "Well, if no one else filed a claim, you'll get the remaining payout sometime in September." But they can't 'track' that at all - which makes no sense either. (I took the partial settlement because otherwise they said it would the clock wouldn't start ticking until August 1st!)

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I was told by the FCA hotline that it takes 10 to 12 weeks after filing all my paperwork online for them to mail an "offer" that details the amount you are eligible to receive. (based on if you purchased your truck new or used). After you have the flash done there is more paperwork to file that verifies the "fix" was installed and the check would issue from there. I filed my paperwork on June 21st, about 9 weeks ago so I am waiting for my offer letter.
I was also told that I could have the flash done anytime in the process and did not have to wait for the offer. The settlement check will not get there any faster by having the flash installed quicker if you do not have your "offer letter" detailing the amount you are eligible for.

scoffman

Aug 21, 2019
Truck Year
I was told today that they are waiting on assigning a case manager to my case. It's a first come first serve type of situation and their are over 30,000 claims. They are still trying to get through all the claims submitted in April and May, and that my case was submitted in June. Just be patient and they will get to you as soon as possible.

thatgirl70

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year

My call today for status, which was basically, "You don't have a case manager yet", also informed me that the deadline for previous owners to file has been extended until August 31st. I have read many other replies that said otherwise, so I just wanted to add this in case anyone is still waiting.

American Tim

Aug 28, 2019
Truck Year
I had the recall mod done about 6 weeks ago, last week on my way up the mountain to hunt the truck crapped out on the hwy on power for anything other than idle. Error code for Electronic Throttle Control System service required. Went to the nearest dealer and they checked it over and cleared the codes. Besides saying that every ED they touch post recall fix has had MAJOR problems that were continually recurring (wire harness/turbo system/intake manifold replacements), they said don't be surprised that in the next few thousand miles you also incur some serious damage, not just error codes. So, I have 85K on the truck that's about 2.5 yrs old that's my commuter. I feel like every time i drive it, it's Russian roulette on if I'm going to make it to my destination - starting the stress me out a bit. I submitted my claim last week (never knew a thing about it till i took it to the dealer on this latest problem) and don't expect anything back from FCA in the next couple of months by reading this thread. Question for you all. If I trade it in and no longer own it after the time of the claim submission, you have any thoughts on if they deem the claim null/void?

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
Personally I would keep it until you get your claim money, then trade it in. Take the claim and put it as a down payment on another vehicle. That just my thoughts. I had the AEM done, a few months ago and he have a few issues also, such as just the other day I was pulling a 15% grade and I shifted into third gear. It fell flat on it's face! It literally would not accelerate. I had to manually knock it down a gear. When cold it jumps to 2nd gear, and down shifts to seventh for no reason and lacks tourqe. I have an extended warranty that is 3 year and unlimited miles on top of the AEM warranty and am contemplating on trading it in after my wife and I purchase a house!!

John

Nov 13, 2015
Personally I would keep it until you get your claim money, then trade it in. Take the claim and put it as a down payment on another vehicle. That just my thoughts. I had the AEM done, a few months ago and he have a few issues also, such as just the other day I was pulling a 15% grade and I shifted into third gear. It fell flat on it's face! It literally would not accelerate. I had to manually knock it down a gear. When cold it jumps to 2nd gear, and down shifts to seventh for no reason and lacks tourqe. I have an extended warranty that is 3 year and unlimited miles on top of the AEM warranty and am contemplating on trading it in after my wife and I purchase a house!!
Warm that puppy up some before driving hard.

Ram'in and Jamm'in

Jun 27, 2019
Truck Year
When it fell on it's face while pulling the hill, it was up to temp. I had been out driving around for an hour.