• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Block Heater

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
First off, my apologies if this is already a topic. I did a little research before starting my own thread.

I'm not sure if my Laramie Limited came stock with a engine block heater. Like many dealers, there sales people and mechanics were not able to show me where. Can anyone make a suggestion on brand and recommend temperatures in which it should be plugged in. Thank you!

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
My sales and mechs didn't know either, but it was found. It's located front passenger side above the headlight, and under the shroud. You may have to dig around for it. Could they not look at your VIN # and not see if it was equipped? Anyways, here is where it's at if you have it. It is a little hard to locate at first.
c249453512f3190f16b16b1fe63cedbf.jpg

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
I took the shroud off and looked down in the well. I did not locate it. So my assumption is that I don't have one. Which is a shocked considering it was a fully loaded Laramie Limited. But i purchased it in Texas and it has texas tow package. But now that I'm in Pittsburgh I think I'll be needing it this year!

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Dealers typically only order them on the trucks if they are in an area that it is needed....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I need to find it and install the cord as well. Even keeping it my garage it gets below 20d there. Figure it can't hurt anything plugging it in.

Jambrose711

Jun 14, 2015
Truck Year
I need to find it and install the cord as well. Even keeping it my garage it gets below 20d there. Figure it can't hurt anything plugging it in.
I agree! Anything that prolongs the life of my truck for little cost seems like a no brainier.

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
I had my dealer pull mine out so if needed I could use it
Did not use it yet I have bin in very cold weather but no outlet near by.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Every single ecodiesel truck ever made ever reguardless of trim or options has a engine block heater unit installed in the engine block.
Even the $28,000 - $64,000 limited all have them, even if it does not say it was on your build sheet.
The only difference is if the dealer added the cord or the cord was added at the assembly line.
Look at my video and look above your shock tower with your truck slightly raised, if you see a cord coming out, find the end and whoila, but if you don't you can buy a cord and plug it in for $20.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
A popular cord to EcoDiesel owners, and much cheaper than the dealer: http://amzn.com/B000I8VLF2

YOU GUYS SHOULD BUY THIS CORD NOW!! IT COMPLETELY SOLD OUT LAST WINTER WHEN ALL US ECODIESEL OWNERS FIGURED THIS OUT. KATZ IN CANADA AND EBAY AND EVERYWHERE WAS REALLY DIFFICULT TO FIND.
THE LINK BOOSTN POSTED IS CORRECT.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Hey thanks. In the process. Do you guys run winter fronts as well?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Is that a Mopar exclusive item do you know?

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I will have to this year as I completely removed my grille shutters.
Your dealer has the correct one.
You absolutely cannot use the grille cover over 25f. Your truck will overheat.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I will have to this year as I completely removed my grille shutters.
Your dealer has the correct one.
You absolutely cannot use the grille cover over 25f. Your truck will overheat.
Ok thanks. Probably won't use one until we get into a deep freeze. As far as the cord, just ordered one. Thanks Shawn for the video and BoostN for the link. Y'all rock.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea that looks good, but I plan on removing those plastic covers in favor of what should've been standard equipment tow hooks. I can't believe they're an 'option'. Anyhow, anybody else have a spot where the Noco Genius could be mounted? Like maybe behind the front license plate. Would require a flip down/up mount for the tag tho...

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
My plug came in the mail today..... All set for cold temps. Guess ii wont be seeing'em for a little while longer as it's about 90 here today.....
ZMan079

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
My plug came in the mail today..... All set for cold temps. Guess ii wont be seeing'em for a little while longer as it's about 90 here today.....
ZMan079
I got mine too. Are you gonna just hang it out the front??

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
Haven't figured it out yet, need to go back and review video for location, etc. My guess is that I'll probably leave it hang, or figure a way to tuck under hood, and just lift hood and expose when I need to plugin...
ZMan079