• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AlfaOBD And What You Can Do!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
So I’ve seen the software mentioned time after time. I’ve seen people say what you can do with it and all it offers. I’ve seen people ask about forcing a regen and directed to the software. So I wanted to start a page on it. I have bought the app for my tablet and was so impressed I bought the computer software. (They offer a discount if you purchase the android software and want computer software also or the other way around.)

This is the adaptor I have and it works fine.

So far I have:
Successfully forced a regen just to try it.
Monitored exhaust soot levels, and a variety of other monitors.
I have enabled my trailer brake module and switch and screens on my evic and radio for the trailer settings.
I have enabled my windows to roll down with the keyfob. (Haven’t gotten you to work yet.)
I have changed my factory tire size in the BCM to recalibrate speedometer.
I have scared my ole lady with the horn relay test while she was driving
I have enabled led reverse lights to eliminate canbus errors
I have my fog lights on full time with high beams
I have enabled the daytime running light feature (wasn’t an option with projectors)
You can set what lights for DRL( fog lights, corner lights, low beams)
You can set a speed limit or remove limit
The possibilities are literally endless. If the dealership says they can do it, you can too. If the dealer says they can’t do it you can catch them lying and do if yourself!

This is in no way an endorsement for the company and I am not affiliated with them. I’m simply an ecodiesel owner who wants my investment to last and to be able to work on it the way the dealership can.

I don’t know all the ins and outs of the software but I’m fiddling with it when I can. Feel free to ask any questions I’ll try to help or if anyone has any more tips and tricks let me know!

71A98FAF-B75C-4CB8-B105-1D4903548265.jpeg25C64004-7509-4082-BF40-8C4DC41D282A.jpeg4B9DA0DB-348E-4AB6-B605-65E000D8BF52.jpeg883269C0-66F7-4697-A045-CBF64AC571B8.jpeg1A9F75F2-52F9-42E8-9FD1-0E78D95172AB.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The Alfa Does NOT flash or capable of Making Keys, Also it will not add to the Sales Code/Line sheet, only to vehicle, So if you change the setting(s) in the module that get's the Update (TechAUT at Dealer) you will need to re-do.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
The Alfa Does NOT flash or capable of Making Keys, Also it will not add to the Sales Code/Line sheet, only to vehicle, So if you change the setting(s) in the module that get's the Update (TechAUT at Dealer) you will need to re-do.
So if for some reason the dealer gets it again and flashes something I would need to redo the settings I changed?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes...Alfa still the best for Ram.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Good to know! Only time this truck will see a dealer is if someone buys it from me or I get into a new Cummins 🙃

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If you own EcoDsl you need Alfa.(y)

Mcgrathfx

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
So I’ve seen the software mentioned time after time. I’ve seen people say what you can do with it and all it offers. I’ve seen people ask about forcing a regen and directed to the software. So I wanted to start a page on it. I have bought the app for my tablet and was so impressed I bought the computer software. (They offer a discount if you purchase the android software and want computer software also or the other way around.)

So far I have:
I have enabled my trailer brake module and switch and screens on my evic and radio for the trailer settings.
I have enabled my windows to roll down with the keyfob. (Haven’t gotten you to work yet.)
I have enabled the daytime running light feature (wasn’t an option with projectors)
The possibilities are literally endless. If the dealership says they can do it, you can too. If the dealer says they can’t do it you can catch them lying and do if yourself!

This is in no way an endorsement for the company and I am not affiliated with them. I’m simply an ecodiesel owner who wants my investment to last and to be able to work on it the way the dealership can.

I don’t know all the ins and outs of the software but I’m fiddling with it when I can. Feel free to ask any questions I’ll try to help or if anyone has any more tips and tricks let me know!

View attachment 2433View attachment 2434View attachment 2435View attachment 2436View attachment 2437

So far I have:

View attachment 2433View attachment 2434View attachment 2435View attachment 2436View attachment 2437
Hi Tremper126 - could you tell me where to find this action in the software: "Monitored exhaust soot levels, and a variety of other monitors." And if so, is it monitored with a guage or graph? Thanks, Michael

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hi Tremper126 - could you tell me where to find this action in the software: "Monitored exhaust soot levels, and a variety of other monitors." And if so, is it monitored with a guage or graph? Thanks, Michael
Sure! What platform are you using?
On the android platform there are a few buttons on the bottom I believe one of them looks like a graph. If you select it you will be able to find an option to select your monitors and gauges. It will not be a radial gauge option. It will be a number readout and you will have the option to see it in a graph. Let me know What platform you are using and I will take some step by step pics when I’m home

Last edited:

Mcgrathfx

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
Sure! What platform are you using?
On the android platform there are a few buttons on the bottom I believe one of them looks like a graph. If you select it you will be able to find an option to select your monitors and gauges. It will not be a radial gauge option. It will be a number readout and you will have the option to see it in a graph. Let me know What platform you are using and I will take some step by step pics when I’m home

Hi again - thanks for the reply - I'm using android. I found the DPF soot level percentage monitor graph and it seems to work just fine so thanks for the info. When I exit from alphaOBD app a message appears that it is saving the data followed by another message which I think is the saved data location but it disappears too fast to read the description. Do you know if it is saved to the truck computer, the OBDlink MX+ interface I am using, or to the alphaOBD app? I just don't want to jeopardize my extended warranty from the FCA settlement in any way.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hi again - thanks for the reply - I'm using android. I found the DPF soot level percentage monitor graph and it seems to work just fine so thanks for the info. When I exit from alphaOBD app a message appears that it is saving the data followed by another message which I think is the saved data location but it disappears too fast to read the description. Do you know if it is saved to the truck computer, the OBDlink MX+ interface I am using, or to the alphaOBD app? I just don't want to jeopardize my extended warranty from the FCA settlement in any way.
The information being saved is into the directory of your android device if I am not mistaken. Whenever you enter and exit it makes a log of it into the used device. I have not searched for the files but it should be on your sd card or phone/tablet

Mcgrathfx

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
The information being saved is into the directory of your android device if I am not mistaken. Whenever you enter and exit it makes a log of it into the used device. I have not searched for the files but it should be on your sd card or phone/tablet

Thank you - you are absolutely right, an email response from Alexey at alphaOBD verifies that data is saved to the android device. I appreciate your replies. Michael

Beteno

Oct 11, 2019
Truck Year
Can changing something with alfaobd void a warranty ? Can the dealer see what changes have been made ?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m not sure if you can do anything that would void the warranty, unless you tried to fiddle with the coding on the injectors. Anything you do can be reverted if you write down the changes you have made on a notebook including the module you were under and the line number code you went to

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
When the dealer hooks up witech it will revert the truck back to all the factory options based off the vin number. If I go, for instance, and they reflash the truck to the vin, I will have to return to Alfa and reenable my trailer brake control module, and my fog lights with high beams will need to be turned back on in the app.

Beteno

Oct 11, 2019
Truck Year
When the dealer hooks up witech it will revert the truck back to all the factory options based off the vin number. If I go, for instance, and they reflash the truck to the vin, I will have to return to Alfa and reenable my trailer brake control module, and my fog lights with high beams will need to be turned back on in the app.

Thanks for the quick answer!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tremper126. Only WITECH can update the sales Codes

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Tremper126. Only WITECH can update the sales Codes
Correct. I’m sorry if I misconceived what I said. That is why I mentioned If the dealer flashes your truck back to the vin you would need to redo your Changes in Alfa

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
@luckybuck this was on my computer but app should read out very similar. Mine is a 2014 works just fine