• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What exterior accessories have you added?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
What is everyone attaching to their new ride??

I'm thinking a bed liner first, and would like to color match my door handles like mentioned in another thread here.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I plan on in-channel rain guards in the smoke/black variety on front windows. I like to keep the windows cracked while parked at work, coupled with a windshield shade, it really helps cool the interior and keep the sun from beating up the dash.

Rear helper bags and MAYBE coil spacers up front to take a lil rake out is about all for the time being.

Oh and a tonneau cover. That'll probably come before the bags & level.

I like doing very subtle things that 90% of people don't even know isn't OEM.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Just did spray liner. Ordered a Leer cap.

Eventually I want to add oem projector head lights.

LED fog lights.

I keep going back and forth with side step bars. Some days I like them other days not so much.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Just did spray liner. Ordered a Leer cap.

Eventually I want to add oem projector head lights.

LED fog lights.

I keep going back and forth with side step bars. Some days I like them other days not so much.

Save your money for AMP steps! Best of both worlds, clean running look, functional steps when you need them. Definitely on my wish list.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Save your money for AMP steps! Best of both worlds, clean running look, functional steps when you need them. Definitely on my wish list.

I agree 100%, a friend had them on his truck and are awesome! As soon as I get the $$$, i'm going to get me a set for my ecodiesel.

They are "hidden" when not it use, which is what I like about them.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I've read a lot of about those. The people that have them seem to really like them. It would be the best of both worlds.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Just ordered a TruXedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover & tailgate seal, AVS Low Profile window vent shades (smoke - I decided against in-channel), and a GrillCraft MX series grille set (black). Very anxious to get these things on my truck.

Would love some auto-leveling air bags in rear but that'll be for another time.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Just ordered a TruXedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover & tailgate seal, AVS Low Profile window vent shades (smoke - I decided against in-channel), and a GrillCraft MX series grille set (black). Very anxious to get these things on my truck.

Would love some auto-leveling air bags in rear but that'll be for another time.

Some before and and after pics are a must.

I'm very interested in the look of that new grill!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Just ordered tow hooks & a winter cover. I know the cold is still a bit away, but ya know it's coming, so just planning ahead a lil.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
Backrack so far on the rambox. Fits perfectly! I installed two 4" led flood lights as well as some warning lights.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Looks great. Nice work. How do you have the light switches mounted inside cab?

Last edited:

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you. I'm a volly firefighter so I have a Whelen pcc switchbox that I also control the red lights with.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Got the cover in today. Good fit. Not as tight on the bottom as I'd like but it'll work. This is the Mopar cover.
b68b4519186aed3ef6aa775d75d1c8a9.jpg

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Those covers sure are ugly :D

But, for you northerners I understand!
Ugly? You just gotta get the right one!
20150922_185014.jpg

I'll be putting the top half on this week I'm sure. Will update pictures.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
brown, I know you're stuck with the mopar cover because of the aftermarket grill. I just found out you had replaced it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Lol eh. It'll do for the limited amount of time I run the cover. Definitely not as nice as yours JD.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Trust me yours was easier to get though. PITA trying to find an unadvertised part with a terrible US distribution system. I almost gave up before getting mine.

But I agree with boost about the mopar one I just don't think I could stick that on my truck. If it was extremely short term maybe. But I'm basically half of the year here.

The wife said she'd kill me if I did put the black bra on. Though she wasn't entirely happy about the $200 stainless one I got either! Until I explained to her it was only about $50 more than the mopar one she was finally happy with it.

Thank God. Now to get her on par with GDE still........ though the EGR pictures had her pretty much sold insuring life of the 60k truck. :)