• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

AlfaOBD And What You Can Do!

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Look at MRT, SFT and GDE.
MRT and SFT both give you the option of turning off the EGR, GDE does not. I have SFT's ECU & TCU tunes and have been very satisfied with their tunes and service. I did not like their shutting down the DEF system on their post W58 updated ECU tune.
Likewise, I believe MRT is also shutting down the DEF system. GDE does not, as it is an EPA compliant tune.

big nasty

May 22, 2023
Truck Year
OK all hey I'm new to the forum. I just got me a 2015 ram ecodiesel had it tuned after I deleted it and I still have a msg on the screen that says exhaust filter 0 percent drive at highway speeds ...I've done that for a week and no good so I read about the alfa obd and can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of that msg please help lol any help is greatly appreciated thank you

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
OK all hey I'm new to the forum. I just got me a 2015 ram ecodiesel had it tuned after I deleted it and I still have a msg on the screen that says exhaust filter 0 percent drive at highway speeds ...I've done that for a week and no good so I read about the alfa obd and can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of that msg please help lol any help is greatly appreciated thank you

I could be wrong, but that is usually done within the tune.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know much about deleted but I had the same problem on my Eco Stage 1 tune. The tuner had me load the stage 2 tune, but not start the truck. Then reload the stage 1 tune, which cleared the message.
So, if you have both tunes on your device, you might try loading the stage 1 tune and reloading your stage 2 tune.

big nasty

May 22, 2023
Truck Year
I don't know much about deleted but I had the same problem on my Eco Stage 1 tune. The tuner had me load the stage 2 tune, but not start the truck. Then reload the stage 1 tune, which cleared the message.
So, if you have both tunes on your device, you might try loading the stage 1 tune and reloading your stage 2 tune.
Where did you get your tunes from for stage 1 and 2 thank you

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Where did you get your tunes from for stage 1 and 2 thank you
SFT. But I no longer recommend them, they are dishonest.
I now use MRT via EOC

big nasty

May 22, 2023
Truck Year
SFT. But I no longer recommend them, they are dishonest.
I now use MRT via EOC
Thank you for helping me and what do I look up to buy those tunes I will buy another tune just to get rid of this message thank you for your help

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Look at MRT, SFT and GDE.
MRT and SFT both give you the option of turning off the EGR, GDE does not. I have SFT's ECU & TCU tunes and have been very satisfied with their tunes and service. I did not like their shutting down the DEF system on their post W58 updated ECU tune.
Likewise, I believe MRT is also shutting down the DEF system. GDE does not, as it is an EPA compliant tune.
Morning John, I have been following your post on the site since I joined. I take a good amount of stock in your experience. That being said I have a question. The EGR, shutting it off, my GED tune did not disabled it from what I understand. Is this a later option? Is it not available anymore? My warranty expires in October or 100k, either way I am almost there. I'm going to block off the oil/water heat exchanger and would like to shut the EGR off. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Travis

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Morning John, I have been following your post on the site since I joined. I take a good amount of stock in your experience. That being said I have a question. The EGR, shutting it off, my GED tune did not disabled it from what I understand. Is this a later option? Is it not available anymore? My warranty expires in October or 100k, either way I am almost there. I'm going to block off the oil/water heat exchanger and would like to shut the EGR off. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! Travis
Travis, I’m sure John will reply, but my understanding is, GDE went through issues with the epa, and no longer offers EGR disable (NON Compliant tuning) anymore. Depending on when your tune was purchased, it may be off already, but the only way I know to confirm, would be to unplug both plugs to the egr and start the truck. If it is an issue, it will register almost immediately.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Travis, I’m sure John will reply, but my understanding is, GDE went through issues with the epa, and no longer offers EGR disable (NON Compliant tuning) anymore. Depending on when your tune was purchased, it may be off already, but the only way I know to confirm, would be to unplug both plugs to the egr and start the truck. If it is an issue, it will register almost immediately.
I picked up my tune last summer. I probably missed the mark the way my luck goes, but I'll try your suggestion.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
More than likely, you will end up with a code. I bought mine from SKT due to that issue with GDE, though I do wish I had gotten their original tune. But I am satisfied with mine. I believe the 2019-2020 timeframe is when gde was shutdown.