• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EXHAUST SMELL

ben

Feb 26, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe I just had a bad day. but I seem to smell some exhaust, that weird windex ammonia smell in the cab at some stop lights.. I realize if I had a big exhaust leak it would be all the time in the cab? At the same time my check engine light went on. This comes on every other month for a week, then goes off on its own, dealer said it is the CO2 sensor and not to worry about it.

Thank you.

ben

Feb 26, 2015
Truck Year
I replied to you in the other thread. Many have had the CO2 sensor replaced. I would look into another dealer that has a diesel tech (or better one).
Seems weird the service light comes on for a fill up, then off for two.

Lou

Jan 31, 2016
Truck Year
Morning all;
i was just reading this thread, I had not paid any attention to the exhaust smell of these trucks till the other day, I had noticed that it smelled a lot different then other older diesels but hadn't thought anything about it.
A couple of days ago i needed to bring some bags of coal around and into my attached garage from outside, I back up to the pallets and load about 10 bags on the tail gate then pull around to the garage and back about 3/4 of the way in to unload and stack the coal for the house, I usually use the tractor loader bucket to do this but i had it tied up so used the pickup, I left the truck idling while I loaded the tailgate backed into the garage and went around to unload the truck and the stench of the exhaust was terrible i had to shut the truck off. I have never had an exhaust that smelled that bad before, I was taken completely by surprise, I had both overhead doors open and could not stand the exhaust.

Trailrunner918

Jan 1, 2020
Truck Year
Morning all;
i was just reading this thread, I had not paid any attention to the exhaust smell of these trucks till the other day, I had noticed that it smelled a lot different then other older diesels but hadn't thought anything about it.
A couple of days ago i needed to bring some bags of coal around and into my attached garage from outside, I back up to the pallets and load about 10 bags on the tail gate then pull around to the garage and back about 3/4 of the way in to unload and stack the coal for the house, I usually use the tractor loader bucket to do this but i had it tied up so used the pickup, I left the truck idling while I loaded the tailgate backed into the garage and went around to unload the truck and the stench of the exhaust was terrible i had to shut the truck off. I have never had an exhaust that smelled that bad before, I was taken completely by surprise, I had both overhead doors open and could not stand the exhaust.
I really notice it when hooking up a trailer. The smell is horrible, burns both lungs and eyes.