EXHAUST SMELL

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ben

Feb 26, 2015
Truck Year
Maybe I just had a bad day. but I seem to smell some exhaust, that weird windex ammonia smell in the cab at some stop lights.. I realize if I had a big exhaust leak it would be all the time in the cab? At the same time my check engine light went on. This comes on every other month for a week, then goes off on its own, dealer said it is the CO2 sensor and not to worry about it.

Thank you.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Tennessee
ecodieselram.com
Truck Year
Not Listed
I replied to you in the other thread. Many have had the CO2 sensor replaced. I would look into another dealer that has a diesel tech (or better one).

ben

Feb 26, 2015
Truck Year
I replied to you in the other thread. Many have had the CO2 sensor replaced. I would look into another dealer that has a diesel tech (or better one).
Seems weird the service light comes on for a fill up, then off for two.

Lou

Jan 31, 2016
Truck Year
Morning all;
i was just reading this thread, I had not paid any attention to the exhaust smell of these trucks till the other day, I had noticed that it smelled a lot different then other older diesels but hadn't thought anything about it.
A couple of days ago i needed to bring some bags of coal around and into my attached garage from outside, I back up to the pallets and load about 10 bags on the tail gate then pull around to the garage and back about 3/4 of the way in to unload and stack the coal for the house, I usually use the tractor loader bucket to do this but i had it tied up so used the pickup, I left the truck idling while I loaded the tailgate backed into the garage and went around to unload the truck and the stench of the exhaust was terrible i had to shut the truck off. I have never had an exhaust that smelled that bad before, I was taken completely by surprise, I had both overhead doors open and could not stand the exhaust.

Trailrunner918

Jan 1, 2020
NW Montana
Truck Year
Morning all;
i was just reading this thread, I had not paid any attention to the exhaust smell of these trucks till the other day, I had noticed that it smelled a lot different then other older diesels but hadn't thought anything about it.
A couple of days ago i needed to bring some bags of coal around and into my attached garage from outside, I back up to the pallets and load about 10 bags on the tail gate then pull around to the garage and back about 3/4 of the way in to unload and stack the coal for the house, I usually use the tractor loader bucket to do this but i had it tied up so used the pickup, I left the truck idling while I loaded the tailgate backed into the garage and went around to unload the truck and the stench of the exhaust was terrible i had to shut the truck off. I have never had an exhaust that smelled that bad before, I was taken completely by surprise, I had both overhead doors open and could not stand the exhaust.
I really notice it when hooking up a trailer. The smell is horrible, burns both lungs and eyes.