• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Titan Fuel tank released

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thank you for finding this. Assuming I still have the truck this will be going up next year. ~1200 mile (gentle highway) range without an auxiliary fuel cell? Yes please.

Aug 28, 2016
Truck Year
I guess if a guy was towing a lot, it would be useful. but still that'd give you nearly a 600 mile range while towing and 1200 without, if you drive nice. Wow. With the 26 gal tank, I only fill it up every three weeks or so, unless I have a road trip. I think if I had that much fuel, it would get stale. Also, how would the EVIC know you had a new tank?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I guess if a guy was towing a lot, it would be useful. but still that'd give you nearly a 600 mile range while towing and 1200 without, if you drive nice. Wow. With the 26 gal tank, I only fill it up every three weeks or so, unless I have a road trip. I think if I had that much fuel, it would get stale. Also, how would the EVIC know you had a new tank?
The evic wouldn't exactly "know" therefore your range would never truly be accurate. You'd just be back to old times relying on judgement of a float gauge and reading the needle and or knowing how many miles to expect from a fill opposed to counting the miles left in your range. Because of course the needle is still going to function off of the float gauge. (Though I don't think you'll ever notice it move.) And your evic range will just float around aimlessly trying to keep up. Not that big of a deal in my opinion

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
You would have to have the ECM reprogrammed to account for the bigger fuel tank. They do it on the Duramax trucks a lot, and I'm sure GDE and/or PPEI could do it for the EcoDiesels as well..

AJ73942

Aug 2, 2016
Truck Year
good lord, I can get 700 miles from a tank on mine now. That's a good day's driving! I agree that if you were towing something that brought your mpg down a few notches this would be a nice option. Narrows the potential customers down a bit by being applicable only to the 6'4" bed length, but I understand that there wouldn't be room for it under the 5'4". Interesting find.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
good lord, I can get 700 miles from a tank on mine now. That's a good day's driving! I agree that if you were towing something that brought your mpg down a few notches this would be a nice option. Narrows the potential customers down a bit by being applicable only to the 6'4" bed length, but I understand that there wouldn't be room for it under the 5'4". Interesting find.
Crew cab AND 6' box. Quad 6 not applicable either