• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Won't start Eco!

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hi, This is the 7 th. Ram I have owned and the very first one to give me fits and be a problem. I waited for the Eco to be in Jeeps in the States for a couple of years before I tried one in a 1500. The first time they offered it I jumped on it. It has 8,000 miles and has been towed in 3 times! Twice due to 'no start' as in there was no electronic power or ignition just a blank screen and then nothing when the fob was rotated. Trying the second fob also brought the same result. Over a 3 month period this happened twice and in between I got towed due to 'diesel fuel particulate failed'. Extremely frustrated would be a gross understatement. I love the truck, mileage, and looks. It currently sits at the Dealer for the third time because I have an engine light on and it won't remote start. I will approach the Dealer next week to get me another truck and if that fails I will do the next step and maybe even Arbitration. Sad, very sad.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I hope they figure it out. It's not fun having a new truck down for repairs. knock on wood my 2014 has be good so far.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the site. I agree with John. It's always a bad feeling when your brand new truck isn't performing. Keep us updated on what the dealer says!

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
I can't find my original post but this will be my final one. After being towed 3 times and to the Dealer 9 times I parked it and said 'Get me a truck'. In 7,000 miles I Have had to re-generate 4 times and I don't idle my truck. It has quit while being driven 3 times, the trans has stopped shifting twice. etc. I have had at least 10 different dash lights come on from engine, to shifter, to diesel fuel particulate, to remote start disabled, etc. Going back to a Cummins, loved the mileage but not the being stranded with a new truck. I hope no one else ever has the electronics problems I have endured. Sad.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I can't find my original post but this will be my final one. After being towed 3 times and to the Dealer 9 times I parked it and said 'Get me a truck'. In 7,000 miles I Have had to re-generate 4 times and I don't idle my truck. It has quit while being driven 3 times, the trans has stopped shifting twice. etc. I have had at least 10 different dash lights come on from engine, to shifter, to diesel fuel particulate, to remote start disabled, etc. Going back to a Cummins, loved the mileage but not the being stranded with a new truck. I hope no one else ever has the electronics problems I have endured. Sad.

I moved this post to your original thread.

Sorry to see you go! Is Ram buying the truck back? ...or are you trading it in an taking a hit?

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
I moved this post to your original thread.

Sorry to see you go! Is Ram buying the truck back? ...or are you trading it in an taking a hit?
The dealer bought the truck and I now have a brand new 2016, 2500 with a Cummins. This will not be my first Cummins or my last.