• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Won't start Eco!

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hi, This is the 7 th. Ram I have owned and the very first one to give me fits and be a problem. I waited for the Eco to be in Jeeps in the States for a couple of years before I tried one in a 1500. The first time they offered it I jumped on it. It has 8,000 miles and has been towed in 3 times! Twice due to 'no start' as in there was no electronic power or ignition just a blank screen and then nothing when the fob was rotated. Trying the second fob also brought the same result. Over a 3 month period this happened twice and in between I got towed due to 'diesel fuel particulate failed'. Extremely frustrated would be a gross understatement. I love the truck, mileage, and looks. It currently sits at the Dealer for the third time because I have an engine light on and it won't remote start. I will approach the Dealer next week to get me another truck and if that fails I will do the next step and maybe even Arbitration. Sad, very sad.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I hope they figure it out. It's not fun having a new truck down for repairs. knock on wood my 2014 has be good so far.

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
I can't find my original post but this will be my final one. After being towed 3 times and to the Dealer 9 times I parked it and said 'Get me a truck'. In 7,000 miles I Have had to re-generate 4 times and I don't idle my truck. It has quit while being driven 3 times, the trans has stopped shifting twice. etc. I have had at least 10 different dash lights come on from engine, to shifter, to diesel fuel particulate, to remote start disabled, etc. Going back to a Cummins, loved the mileage but not the being stranded with a new truck. I hope no one else ever has the electronics problems I have endured. Sad.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I can't find my original post but this will be my final one. After being towed 3 times and to the Dealer 9 times I parked it and said 'Get me a truck'. In 7,000 miles I Have had to re-generate 4 times and I don't idle my truck. It has quit while being driven 3 times, the trans has stopped shifting twice. etc. I have had at least 10 different dash lights come on from engine, to shifter, to diesel fuel particulate, to remote start disabled, etc. Going back to a Cummins, loved the mileage but not the being stranded with a new truck. I hope no one else ever has the electronics problems I have endured. Sad.

I moved this post to your original thread.

Sorry to see you go! Is Ram buying the truck back? ...or are you trading it in an taking a hit?

Deputydave

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
I moved this post to your original thread.

Sorry to see you go! Is Ram buying the truck back? ...or are you trading it in an taking a hit?
The dealer bought the truck and I now have a brand new 2016, 2500 with a Cummins. This will not be my first Cummins or my last.