• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2016 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel turbo replacement

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I have never moved anything on that side of the engine. The EGR diffuser tube is on the left.

earlymopar

May 1, 2019
Truck Year
Just read through this post and am wondering if the "GDE Tune" mentioned that is beneficial to the soot problem is "any" of the GDE controller tune options or one specifically? I have a 2016 Eco Diesel that I use 80% for towing on 2-3 hour trips. I added a GDE controller within the 1st 5k miles.

- EM

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
yes, because it shuts off the EGR. The Sofakingtuned.com solution does so as well, as an option. All these problems are EGR related.

earlymopar

May 1, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks CS. Where in "Bama" are you located? My brother in law is located in Huntsville-Madison. I love it back there.

- EM

earlymopar

May 1, 2019
Truck Year
A small world indeed. I was shocked the first time I went to that area just how much aerospace business there is and I'm sure I'm only aware of a small portion of it.

Take care,

- EM

EcoBumbed

Apr 11, 2019
Truck Year
My EcoDiesel has been in the shop for the same message. The first time they said there was a lead from the Intercooler hoses. They replaced them (cost $1300) and said that should fix it. Drove 8 miles down the road and had to return. Next, the software update was applied and suppose to fix the problem. My truck is back in the shop. I agree with a comment that they do not know why or what the problem is from. My truck has 58 K mile and have always properly maintained it.

Raiman

Jun 24, 2019
Truck Year
Hate to come here like this...last Wednesday driving on the highway heard a loud knock and got pulled over for the oil pressure light to come on and my 2016 Ecodiesel to die on me. Thus far we have diag of intake and turbo...but they’re saying engine may be shot. Less than 60k on my 2016 bought brand new and dealer serviced and I’m pissed. Anyone have anything similar or directions to go?

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Hate to come here like this...last Wednesday driving on the highway heard a loud knock and got pulled over for the oil pressure light to come on and my 2016 Ecodiesel to die on me. Thus far we have diag of intake and turbo...but they’re saying engine may be shot. Less than 60k on my 2016 bought brand new and dealer serviced and I’m pissed. Anyone have anything similar or directions to go?
Lots of people. 7 to 9% of eco's die just as you described. The main bearing design or assembly is bad...on some. Some people are on their 2nd or 3rd engine. On the other hand, some engines are great and run 2 -3 hundred k miles trouble free.

Raiman

Jun 24, 2019
Truck Year
Lots of people. 7 to 9% of eco's die just as you described. The main bearing design or assembly is bad...on some. Some people are on their 2nd or 3rd engine. On the other hand, some engines are great and run 2 -3 hundred k miles trouble free.
Ok so when they come back trying to throw parts?-have automotive background from other OEM(s) and have refrained from getting into the a$$ of FCA but it’s coming. The dealer did provide a loaner for now; said they hope to determine tomorrow if it’s truly the engine. I guess we wait? Anyone have any good news on this?

EcoBumbed

Apr 11, 2019
Truck Year
My EcoDiesel has been in the shop for the same message. The first time they said there was a lead from the Intercooler hoses. They replaced them (cost $1300) and said that should fix it. Drove 8 miles down the road and had to return. Next, the software update was applied and suppose to fix the problem. My truck is back in the shop. I agree with a comment that they do not know why or what the problem is from. My truck has 58 K mile and have always properly maintained it.
The dealer finally called and said they can not fix my truck and come pick it up. The truck is under warranty and Chrysler does not have a fix. It has been in the shop four times for the same issue (Service Electric Throttle Control). Not sure what to at this point. Any ideas?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have always been able to resolve the issue how far Form MN are you.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The dealer finally called and said they can not fix my truck and come pick it up. The truck is under warranty and Chrysler does not have a fix. It has been in the shop four times for the same issue (Service Electric Throttle Control). Not sure what to at this point. Any ideas?

So, they want you to go away without a fix? Not a good look for FCA or the dealer.. the dealer at least should be helping so you can get to a resolution.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ugh......

brndnwebb

Jul 2, 2019
Truck Year
Turbo went at 151k miles. At the dealer now I was driving and it sounded like a playing card in wheel spokes then started smelling burning. I pulled over and smoke bellowed from under the hood, the service dept said the turbo got hot and melted the boost controller. We will see what happens.

EcoBumbed

Apr 11, 2019
Truck Year
I was surprised when they told me. My understanding if you receive service elect. throttle control message, you are supposed to take to the dealer asap. Does it void my warranty by driving it with the message light on?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes they take u out in the woods and shoot u/////just kidding 😁