• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2018 Ram 1500 Eco diesel

Pat’s RAM

Jan 28, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I bought this truck last summer. I’ve put about 10,000 miles on it, towed a fairly light trailer with it once. So far it is my favorite truck ever. I’m getting 25-27 mpg’s Highway and about 20 around town.

Eagle eye

Jan 31, 2016
I bought a 2014 when they first came out, it had 355 or 354 gears, it got between 28 to 35 mpg but it had a short box and I needed a bit longer so I traded for a 2015, it got 23-25 mpg till I put the green diesel tune on then it got 25-28 mpg with more power and no turbo lag. Problem was the dealer could not fix the air bag problem, now I have a 2018 with 392? Gears, on a good day it gets 23+ mpg but it does have a bit more power, can’t wait to see what a green diesel cpu will do for it.

1950bill

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
what is a green diesel cpu and what does it do I have a 2014 eco diesel with 36 k on it

Motoxfun

Aug 11, 2017
Truck Year
I ordered the 6' bed 4X4 air suspension, 355 gears, in 14 and got consistent 32mpg on highway, just couldn't get past 30K to 35K miles on the exhaust system, the last time it was needed was when I traded it in because it was my second turn at paying for it mopar bought the first 3.

1950bill

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
hello is there any tuners out there for the Eco Diesel that works I would like to get one for my 2014

Roland

Mar 29, 2016
Truck Year
Google GDE (green diesel engineering) it gives you some extra hp and torgue without changing anything else on truck. Most important it electronically shuts off egr . So it will not soot up intake it helps in turbo lag. It also offers other options as high idle, turbo brake

1950bill

Jan 29, 2019
Truck Year
Google GDE (green diesel engineering) it gives you some extra hp and torgue without changing anything else on truck. Most important it electronically shuts off egr . So it will not soot up intake it helps in turbo lag. It also offers other options as high idle, turbo brake
thanks for the info on GDE one more question what are the high idle and turbo brake and what do they do
I am sorry if I sound ignorant but I have no clue what they do
thanks for all that you have told me

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
high idle is for the cold exh brake is for towing engine holds or slows the truck up