• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 Bighorn

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
The truck is built. Just waiting for it to ship. Looking for any known issues, especially on the gen 3 engine. I'm new to diesel, although I think I know the basics. Any fuel/preventative maintenance pointers would be appreciated. Also, any known real life mpg in the 70-80 mph speed range. Thx.

Last edited:

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks! I figured that. Maybe some feedback on the '20's.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Congrats on your new ride. I had a rough start with my 2020 but smooth sailing since then.

I think you will see 70ish is the sweet spot for mpg. I see, hand calculated, about 28.4 if I am close to 70. Closer to 80 it seems to drop considerably, to about 24. On back roads in TN, I can see over 30 with the 55 to 65mph range.

Dlguzz

Sep 22, 2020
Truck Year
Not Listed
Excellent! Thanks! Up here in Idaho, we are regularly doing 75-85 on I-84. Hard to get info from youtube test drives at that speed. Your numbers are what I was hoping for. Thanks again.

Lone5tar

Aug 18, 2020
Truck Year
2020 I’ve put about 4,500 miles on it in the last 6 months with no problems but way too early in the game. I average around 26-27 mpg with 70/30 HWY/city. 70-75mph will definitely get you to 27+ mpg unloaded. Hope this helps!