• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 Ram 1500 ecoDiesel oil filter

fla10000

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am told that this filter is only available at the dealer at a cost of over $100.00. This is a cheap, plastic fliter that has a paper filter inside. I bought their last one. REALLY? This is my first RAM product. While I like the truck , I wonder what other surprises await me. I have heard about the total lack of aftermarket parts for RAM but couldn’t believe it. I am a believer now. Does anyone have a conversion kit or an aftermarket oil filter? I would imagine this is the same crap for water fuel filters, air filters, and any other general maintenance required to properly take care of this investment.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its NOT Ram, Its Fiat/VM. Are you aware the engine is manufactured in Cento Italy? $100.00 WOW, its $12.00 filter from many Sellers.

Surprises await you. Did you do any research on the VM3.0 its plagued with short comings. The only somewhat aid is decommission (AECD).

fla10000

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes I knew about the Fiat / VW / Dodge merger and that the motor was manufactured in Italy. I spoke with over a dozen owners of 2019 thru 2021 ecodiesel owners before I purchased and not one of them had any complaints. All of them enthusiastically praised the quality. The 2018 and below were a different story.

I checked O'Reily, Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Rock Auto, NAPA, and several others. No one carries these oil filters so please tell me who these many sellers are.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I posted reply were the filter can be purchased For $50.00, or mod the cap and use the 2014-19 , it seems it was removed or deleted.

I'm out.....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.