• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Aftermaket favorites

miked

Mar 12, 2015
Truck Year
what is your addon aftermarket favorites? I added window vent visors, it gives that finished look and keeps the rain out. :D

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
For window visors, I went with the parts store brand. Might not be the best but ill see how they hold up.

I'm loving my bed cover, makes hauling stuff and keeping it dry nice

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Every single thing ive bought for my truck!!! too many to list, but I think I need to spend a little time to update my showcase

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Mine would be the cap I just had installed. Has some issues with paint. But will get straightened out eventually.

I am really interested in the 5100 leveling shocks! Might be next?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Mine would be the cap I just had installed. Has some issues with paint. But will get straightened out eventually.

I am really interested in the 5100 leveling shocks! Might be next?
I'd really like to see and learn more about these Bilsteins.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I'd really like to see and learn more about these Bilsteins.

I watched a u tube video of some guy who installed them in his driveway. Doesn't look to complicated. At least he made it look easy.

If you have a torque wrench sae and metric sockets you should be almost set. Just rent the spring compressor tool from your local part store.

I'll see if I can find the video......ok here it is.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
^^^^ hey thanks! Looks simple enough. I've only changed out coils once and it wasn't too bad. I suppose Ima have to do this ~ after my AMP steps! [emoji41]

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
how does the shocks give you lift? no hardware like a leveling kit is needed?

dieselshu

Apr 25, 2015
Truck Year
BAFX Bluetooth OBDI reader and Torque Pro app, Tyger Tonneau cover,

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
how does the shocks give you lift? no hardware like a leveling kit is needed?

That's right. Just the shocks are all that's needed to level the truck. I'm not sure how it works but, it does. They are actually pretty popular. I learned about them just strolling through utube. They also make a set for the rear that can raise it up to an inch!

One on each corner could be a cheap small lift kit. And easily brought back to factory levels if you desired because it's all adjustable!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
That's right. Just the shocks are all that's needed to level the truck. I'm not sure how it works but, it does. They are actually pretty popular. I learned about them just strolling through utube. They also make a set for the rear that can raise it up to an inch!

One on each corner could be a cheap small lift kit. And easily brought back to factory levels if you desired because it's all adjustable!

Do you know any thing about aftermarket UCAs to correct the upper ball joint angles after a level?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Do you know any thing about aftermarket UCAs to correct the upper ball joint angles after a level?

I'm gunna say no. As this is all Spanish to me...lol

In going to look. I thought I read that the shocks don't change any of the factory suspension geomitry.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Cool video, thanks for posting.

Anytime you raise or lower your vehicle via suspension, it changes the geometry of certain components such as ball joints, cv axles, tie rods, steering linkage, etc etc unless other parts are added to counteract this. Like a full drop suspension kit. Now being this is just a small increase (2" or less I'm guessing), it's probably overthinking the issue by worrying about BJ angles and replacement UCAs.

My last truck was a torsion bar front IFS. I leveled it with re-indexed TB keys. All the angles were still within range I guess but it rode like a meat wagon. So I'm a lil hesitant to mess with this suspension until I get all the facts lol.