• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air suspension FAIL!

zzrenzo

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Limited Eco-diesel. Purchased it brand new and absolutely love the truck. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada. The truck has 91,000 kms. The truck has been great up until 3 days ago. The air suspension is not working. The Front end is in Aero mode and the rear end is in off road 2??? I called the dealer hoping that it would be covered under the 5 year powertrain warranty but they said no. Looking to see if anyone has had this problem and what I should do. I have not checked the fuse yet, I am going to do that now. Truck will not deflate the rear end, even at highway speeds the rear end is stuck in off-road 2. Truck looks crazy, like the magic machine from scooby doo. I will post pictures. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Weather has been as low as -25 Celsius to as high as -5 Celsius. I don't know if anything is frozen.

zzrenzo

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the link. Think that I will park it in my buddys heated garage overnight. Its weird that the rear end is inflated but the front is in Aero mode. I am hoping that something is frozen.

zzrenzo

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Thinking of pulling the fuse if I can get the truck back to normal ride height until the spring.

zzrenzo

Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Replaced the fuse, (F5-40 amp, $7 at Canadian Tire)) and the suspension corrected itself. Went into settings and disabled Aero mode. Won't touch the air suspension till spring. Feel like I dodged a bullet. Thought for sure compressor was finished. Something is wrong if fuse blew, hope it is weather related. I tow an RV trailer in the spring/summer/fall. Absolutely love the air suspension and how it self levels. Knocking on wood that everything works out.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Replaced the fuse, (F5-40 amp, $7 at Canadian Tire)) and the suspension corrected itself. Went into settings and disabled Aero mode. Won't touch the air suspension till spring. Feel like I dodged a bullet. Thought for sure compressor was finished. Something is wrong if fuse blew, hope it is weather related. I tow an RV trailer in the spring/summer/fall. Absolutely love the air suspension and how it self levels. Knocking on wood that everything works out.
Good info! Glad it was only the fuse.. from reading the other thread it sounds like that's the best plan in cold climates.