• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Air Suspension Problems

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
Just an update now at 195,000 km and the standard coil spring suspension is working just fine on my 2014.
It's not as plush as the air ride but it's never let me down, do not be afraid of making this change and saving yourself a lot of grief and cost!

Roland

Mar 29, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Eco since new with air suspension in Central Alberta, I have had it freeze up on me two years in, this is not a closed loop system. There is a intake and outake lines behind passenger tail light, the one with the filter on it is the intake line. I added about a ounce of brakeline antifreeze into filter, ran the suspension a few times, it goes thru the distribution block, the pump and into air bags, I have done this for last three years in the fall and have not had a problem since. This is just part of my annual maintenance now.

Redskins1st

May 23, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Eco since new with air suspension in Central Alberta, I have had it freeze up on me two years in, this is not a closed loop system. There is a intake and outake lines behind passenger tail light, the one with the filter on it is the intake line. I added about a ounce of brakeline antifreeze into filter, ran the suspension a few times, it goes thru the distribution block, the pump and into air bags, I have done this for last three years in the fall and have not had a problem since. This is just part of my annual maintenance now.
I live in Richmond VA it don't get cold as here but i will give it a try. Thanks

mrock

May 16, 2016
Truck Year
Any update from anyone who has successfully had RAM replace or repair the air suspension? Sorry if this is a rehash.

bnevins1

Mar 22, 2022
Truck Year
Any update from anyone who has successfully had RAM replace or repair the air suspension? Sorry if this is a rehash.
The Ram dealer has replaced my air compressor and drivers side rear shock/bag. My 2015 rides great.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I finally suffered the loss of the air suspension on my 2014. I differ from everyone on this thread as my failure occurred due to heat. A rats nest surrounding my compressor caused a feed back loop of the over heat failure switch, allowed the pump to burn out and shorted the module. My dealer's tech was able to follow the convoluted failure and replace, purge and recharge the sealed system with only a two month time period.