• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Anyone using GDE tuning ??

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm going to wait a few years. Eventually I will tune this truck to my liking but for now I'll run it stock. I want no doubts as to the validity of my warranty.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Was wondering about this specific tuner as well. Looks to be a replacement for the original ECU. If I replace the original ECU, I would need to know how to prevent the garage from flashing over the GDE flash. The process of replacing the ECU is not something that I would want to do before taking my truck in for service. GDE seems to be on the right track though with regards to tuning the eco diesel motor and its supplemental equipment. Is pretty expensive as well.
I would also like to get clarification on the types of tunes and how to switch between them if it is an option.
Anyone else looked into this company and its products?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
They make a DO NOT FLASH OBD cover you can put over the factory plug.. it means no guarantee but it's better than nothing.

Besides instructing your dealer not to flash I'm not sure what else you can do.

dnf.jpg

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
That would definitely void a warranty if the dealer had to apply a flash update and the flash could not be made or at least looked like the flash was made (even though the aftermarket ECU would reject the flash). Sounds like I may have to either wait or look at another product. I like what MoparEcoDiesel has come up with, but I would like more info regarding what the flash effects and if there are any issues with any other systems in the truck as a result of the tune before adding it to my truck. GDE would have to do the same as well. Maybe I'm just too overly cautious :)

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
This is my take, im conflicted. Kinda from another question, but kinda related to the gde.

The only thing I'd delete is the scr. Gde announced yesterday a new tune for CCV mods for cel problems, but they don't do scr delete tunes, but on the flip side Celtic tuning does the scr delete but does not do the CCV tune. On the one side I hate oil messing up my intake and valves but on the other I have this evil demon hiding in my exhaust system. I think about it every day. So for one I am super happy and content with my power level programming so I don't care about horsepower gains. 2. My truck has been mint flawless perfect with everything on the emissions side. I don't know if it's because of all my mods, my driving or the way I maintain it, but I promise you my truck is better now the way it runs than last year. 3. My new CCV kit has been doing good so far and to date @ 132000 miles I've stopped about 10 quarts of oil going through the cac. I'm going through a complete computer zero relearn on the whole emission systems monitoring system right now to see if all monitors will hit readiness all by itself with my master ccv kit. If it hits allready, I'll guarantee it and sell it. As a note, whenever a monitor is not ready for emissions testing, the entire mode 06 system is ultra ultra ultra sensitive to the slightest out of range condition. So until the system completely hits readiness you'll have a nightmare of a time getting good mileage and keeping pending codes at bay. So both Celtic and gde will turn the egr off which is great but I don't know if when they're changing those specific monitors range values if those monitors will never show ready, if that's the case I'll never be able to legally pass emissions in my state. All monitors must show ready. I am an emissions control master tech. So decisions decisions.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
so if you are using the GDE tune and you truck requires some sort of flash update, can it be flashed without messing up the GDE tune. and still stay within warranty or if dealer has to check codes is it going to cause problems with warranty, i understand if you are out warranty than it not an issue, you just don't want to corrupt or erase an $800 flash, and having an extra stock ecu on hand is getting kinda expensive unless GDE would give you one? lol... and the extended warranty companys are more routinizing than factory warrants.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
The dealer's flash will overwrite the GDE tune. Then GDE will reflash the overwritten ECM for a $50 charge.

swordfish

Nov 15, 2015
Truck Year
so unless dealer knows you have an aftermarket flash,which they wouldn't know unless they did a close analysis of your ecm, your ok worst case $50 reflash i could live with that.....

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I am still interested in it but debating between it and the banks bullet...I like being able to pull it out if need be come smog time etc. Seems a little harder to get caught with a tuner you can pull out without a trace....

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
GDE has stated it will pass emission testing.

madpuma13

Dec 10, 2015
Truck Year
GDE has stated it will pass emission testing.
They have stated this not because the tune meets emissions regulations but because it would cost too much money to truly test what is coming out of the tail pipe.

Standard state emissions testing usually involves making sure the proper emissions equipment is installed and "working" correctly.

the tune makes it look like everything is operating as it should, hence it passes state inspection.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Right all the inspection is is an obd2 test and visual. I wasn't sure this would trick the computer to give the correct obd2 readings

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Correct madpuma13.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm going to go with GDE, it's just a matter of finding the right time for the wallet.

The thing I'm most interested in is the increase in regeneration intervals and tuning out the EGR. Anything else is a bonus.

Thinking maybe I can pull the trigger early spring.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Ordered the GDE tune just today. Want that EGR system stopped. Just added the engine braking option.
Now in the future, if I wish to do a full delete, the exhaust pipe and $100 re-flash makes it work.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Good deal Capt. Fill us in on all the glory once you get it up and running.