• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Awesome Looking Head Unit Replacement

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
That's awesome. Tesla started a trend with the big integrated systems in dashes. Even the new 2019 Ram has a huge display now as well (rumored by the leaks).

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
And to think I was poised to spend over $1100 on the new Ram head unit with Android auto. This is much better and half the cost.

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
That's cool, but I don't think I would like that hovering in my truck. I prefer it to sit flush

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Told the wife I was going to buy that Tesla style radio when we got our taxes back. Holy cow! She didn't say no

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
To be honest, when I asked about it, she already knew I was going to buy it. Just gotta do my taxes first. Don't need any surprises after spending that kind of money on something I don't exactly need :D

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Well, 12 days later and I still haven't been able to get an answer (or a reply for that matter) from them on a simple question. There is no way I would spend that kind of money on something I really don't need when I can't even get a reply from the manufacturer for a simple question. What if it was a really important question I needed answered for installation? Then I have a $600 - $700 paperweight. No thank you. The technology is out there and will only get better with more options as time goes on

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well, 12 days later and I still haven't been able to get an answer (or a reply for that matter) from them on a simple question. There is no way I would spend that kind of money on something I really don't need when I can't even get a reply from the manufacturer for a simple question. What if it was a really important question I needed answered for installation? Then I have a $600 - $700 paperweight. No thank you. The technology is out there and will only get better with more options as time goes on

Agreed. Customer service means so much with electronics.. anything can go wrong. I'd recommend Crutchfield.com if you can find something there.. usually they are top notch, even with tech support.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
I've reached out to Linkswell (supplier) and the distributor, maybe I'll get a response in the next few days. The research I've done shows conflicting operating systems, as in the description says Android 6.0 and the spec sheet says 4.4.4 (on Phoenix's website and on an eBay site). These units also ship out of Shenzhen China. Bottom line, I'm waiting until more products hit the market, even if they're more expensive.

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
I'm just trying to find out how many RCA outputs it has. I need front, rear, and sub. Or I need to know if the PAC Audio adapter I use now will work. Not a rough question, and I've asked everywhere I can think of with no reply. What if I was asking something more serious after I had already spent money on it? No thank you

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
I'm just trying to find out how many RCA outputs it has. I need front, rear, and sub. Or I need to know if the PAC Audio adapter I use now will work. Not a rough question, and I've asked everywhere I can think of with no reply. What if I was asking something more serious after I had already spent money on it? No thank you
Exactly. Poorly thought, poorly planned, poorly executed, and poorly supported. I want this type of capability, but I'm adulting right now and waiting until there is a better vendor or better product.

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Same here. I'm really happy with myself right now for not just jumping up with my credit card in my hand and buying it when I first saw it no questions asked lol

RickD

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Finally heard back from Linkswell. It has front and rear RCA outputs only. However, it will work with the PAC Audio adapter and that's what I needed to know. I'm going to buy one soon I think

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I saw this radio recently its pretty cool except it doesn't run sat radio input, not that I pay for it anyways. But the deal breaker for me is Nav and basically everything but tuner and climate is not functional without internet, so you need to run your phone as wifi hotspot in the truck to do anything, or have a hotspot from your wireless carrier and stick it inside the dash with a constant power supply. Oh and external GPS Puck gets stuck in or on the dash as well?

k9s4hire

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I saw this radio recently its pretty cool except it doesn't run sat radio input, not that I pay for it anyways. But the deal breaker for me is Nav and basically everything but tuner and climate is not functional without internet, so you need to run your phone as wifi hotspot in the truck to do anything, or have a hotspot from your wireless carrier and stick it inside the dash with a constant power supply. Oh and external GPS Puck gets stuck in or on the dash as well?
I was just starting to get excited about this system until your post. I would like a system with a 10" screen and Android friendly. The system in my truck right now is awesome but it irks me that I can't add apps I want and use my own nave app instead of paying a ransom every year or two to update Chryslers mapping. So many easy updates that Chrysler has nickel nosed. It would be really cool if you could run your tune-up system via the 10" screen.