• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buyback used trucks

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
Hello, I have been looking for an eco diesel for a little while. I have a 100mi commute to work and think the ED will be perfect for me. The only problem is I need to buy used to stay within my budget. A dealer has a buyback used ED with 12k miles. They say all the problems have been fixed but I still have some concerns. The truck is a Laramie with 4x4 with 12k and they are asking 37000. Is this to good to be true?

Thanks

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Personally I wouldn't touch it, especially at that price. Buy a brand new tradesman for that.

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
I got the car fax back. It has a several "computer reflashed " they also replaced an oxygen sensor and the catalytic converter. 11 services in total at the end of the year.

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
I also called the dealer that did the work and they said since I wasn't the original owner I could not get the detailed service records.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
They are full of shit. And any dealer can look up the records on that truck and provide them to you. It just seems some dealers try and play stupid or just plain jerks.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If the dealer you're looking to buy it from doesn't give you the service records.. it may be a sign you might want to pass on this one and wait for the right truck to come back around again.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
If the dealer you're looking to buy it from doesn't give you the service records.. it may be a sign you might want to pass on this one and wait for the right truck to come back around again.

+1. Would hate to see you get stuck with 37,000 reasons why the previous owner dumped it.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
Think you got good advice on just buying a new Tradesman. I did that when they first came out. It's a nice quad-cab truck with lots of options and 4 x 4 also. MSRP was 4$1K and change. I paid $32K.

Now it's not so fancy inside. If you want fancy they do cost upwards of $20K more than mine. Not for me.

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
I'm going to look at a few new trucks this weekend. Wile I would love to have all the options of a loaded truck I don't think I need them all. We'll see what I can find.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm going to look at a few new trucks this weekend. Wile I would love to have all the options of a loaded truck I don't think I need them all. We'll see what I can find.
I think that's the way to go. And besides, a base model is still plenty comfortable with everything you actually need. I don't use half the crap in/on my 'fancy' BigHorn, particularly the infotainment side of it. Good luck & I hope you get into a new one.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Good to hear, good luck and enjoy truck shopping!

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
2015 ED new Big horn with the trailer break and mirrors, nav. Ended up paying the same as for a used one!!!!

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Great choice of color!! Those beachy, tropical-looking pictures are going to make some of our Canadian friends a bit envious :D

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nice truck OSUTRACKER.

Btw- are you a buckeye? Your name implies it, but your beach shots say otherwise!