• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DRL's do you have them or not???

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have them and was wondering if any one else has them. Or maybe you had them turned on by the dealer, is it possible?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It is possible the dealership just needs to transfer a code to be active in the truck. Most techs will have no clue what you're talking about but look around on the regular ram forums and the codes are out there for different styles of the drl whether it be running lamp or half power high beams (for quad lamps)

Hacksaw

Apr 9, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have them and was wondering if any one else has them. Or maybe you had them turned on by the dealer, is it possible?
I am in the process of getting DRLs on my 2016 Laramie, first they told me there was a change in 16 so they could no longer enable them as in the past. But after keeping after them they told me that they contacted Chrysler and have found a way. I'm going in Tuesday to have the work done. I'll let you know what I find out. They said it would take about 1.5 hours.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am in the process of getting DRLs on my 2016 Laramie, first they told me there was a change in 16 so they could no longer enable them as in the past. But after keeping after them they told me that they contacted Chrysler and have found a way. I'm going in Tuesday to have the work done. I'll let you know what I find out. They said it would take about 1.5 hours.

Welcome to the site! Thanks for posting

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year

Cool please keep us all informed.
Now if we can only get FCA to go back to old style towing mirror spot that Ford has incorporated into all of their cars.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The mini covex in the corner of the mirror? If that's what you want buy a stick on and put it on your regular mirrors. FCA has the better of the brands in actual TOW mirrors

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Here's the dealer's DRL instructions. I was told this will work on our 2016 1500s

Attachments

• 42-Day Time Lights.pdf
    226.6 KB · Views: 46

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year
Here's the dealer's DRL instructions. I was told this will work on our 2016 1500s

Thanks for the info. Now I'll have to check with the dealer and see how much they are going to charge me. I guess while I'm at it I might as well get an extra Key fob programed also.

Hacksaw

Apr 9, 2016
Truck Year
DRLs are on, they told me Chrysler said this was a one time thing and they can't do it again. I think I would have to call BS on that but at least mine are working now.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Tell Chrysler you're selling your car in Canada or going through Canada and it's required so they can go fly a kite. But just a one time thing you know

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
I tried to get mine turned on when I picked my truck up, the SM put my VIN into the dealer connect program and it didn't show it as an option, so no DRL's on my 2016 Limited.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
I can't download the file on my phone, I'll try it on my laptop when I get a chance.