• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Failures/EPA 3.0 FCA Emails Granted Public Access

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dwalker The ED does get the Oscar for Mileage but the LOM needs to be verified buy HC, Mine is surprisingly Accurate , but at times its 1-2MPG off.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
CFT Performance.com The part # is SKU-DF514B56, They come plane unfinished, mine is mat black power coat, looks factory installed I installed it per there instructions, I will also say I have no connection with this company, the part is made very well, took me 15 minutes to install, and works as stated so far

Just an update, now have just over 11000 miles, yes I know it doesn't get driver much, I drained the catch can, about a table spoon of oil came out that is good rather not have it in the intake, no cels ever looks like it works fine

John

Nov 13, 2015
Just an update, now have just over 11000 miles, yes I know it doesn't get driver much, I drained the catch can, about a table spoon of oil came out that is good rather not have it in the intake, no cels ever looks like it works fine
Is the tablespoon of oil what was collected over 11,000 miles?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
How much a catch can well catch depends on the usage of the vehicle. On mine this is what I drianed out of mine after 1800 miles and a long tow. Thats a lid off a spray paint can for reference.

Attachments

• 52A4FB2E-EDEB-46E3-A904-4D74D66C59E9.jpeg
    52A4FB2E-EDEB-46E3-A904-4D74D66C59E9.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 18

John

Nov 13, 2015
How much a catch can well catch depends on the usage of the vehicle. On mine this is what I drianed out of mine after 1800 miles and a long tow. Thats a lid off a spray paint can for reference.
That's quite a bit. I'm sure it will vary with usage but still wonder why Ronald only had a tablespoon after 11,000 miles. That's a huge difference. Seems you would have 5 more of the lids full in the same mileage. I wonder if it's more of a blow-back issue for some trucks?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Do you know why that is?
More blow by is created when you work the engine hard. There is also more air being moved through the engine so more moisture content. Plus the higher engine temps mean more can evaporate out the system. Multiple reasons why its good to work the engine hard from time to time and get it up to full temp.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Thanks. I never thought about the oil evaporating at higher temps.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Is the tablespoon of oil what was collected over 11,000 miles?
No not 11000 miles I installed it with about 6000 miles on it I think, I tow nothing just drive it more like a car than a truck, if I towed it would be a 6.7 Cummins, not a 3.0 Ecodiesel

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks. I never thought about the oil evaporating at higher temps.

The oil itself shouldn’t evaporate but the moisture and or fuel that gets in it. If your running a none synthetic oil the lighter molecules can evaporate off which leads to slugde and high oil viscositys. But knowone should be running dyno oils in these trucks.