• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Failures/EPA 3.0 FCA Emails Granted Public Access

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's only the Civil cases By the DOJ, It only covers the COC / CAA violations, the criminal case is still on going and pending outcome. Also the Hagens Berman complaint does Not cover the good faith laws Most states have... Be wise and careful on what direction You take ..Most Courts only allow 1 bite at the apple Choose wisely which Branch Judicial / Civil / Criminal that apple is on before biting.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
That's only the Civil cases By the DOJ, It only covers the COC / CAA violations, the criminal case is still on going and pending outcome. Also the Hagens Berman complaint does Not cover the good faith laws Most states have... Be wise and careful on what direction You take ..Most Courts only allow 1 bite at the apple Choose wisely which Branch Judicial / Civil / Criminal that apple is on before biting.
what ever advice you have , let us hear

Pizza04

Mar 4, 2018
Truck Year
So reading through this thread... should we just start changing oil at 3,000 miles? Sounds a little excessive...

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I have to ask, how do i go about getting FCA to replaced 2 undersides Main Bearings, and is there a class action suit for violations in the criminal case? i am going in for a oil change this April, i will have it tested again.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmm your asking for advice on criminal Charge on a class action Lawsuit, What evidence do you have to add ,to any investigation in which provide The DOJ or Jurisdiction of power, That can file Criminal charges, and have the Authority to decide legal control or proceed.

You are taking your vehicle in for service, This would indicate You don't have the resources or ability to perform the simplest maintenance. The only advice I have to offer YOU, On Both , I hope you , Just lucky.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the information TC.

My 2016 just turned 20,000 miles. Still no engine issues but I change oil every 5-6K miles with amsoil and a shot of Archoil AR9100 friction modifier. Figure it can't hurt with all the bearing issues. I have been getting OA's every oil change and my wear metals are very low. So far I'm a believer in the Archoil. I also have the GDE tune.

Like so many others, I wouldn't dream of owning this truck outside of warranty.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would have no problem keeping any 3.0 pass warranty if the OA warranted to do so , and with proper maintenance .foaming of the intake and Stationary de-sooting it will last, Yep The stationary de-soot requires WITECH at this time...It should be available in Aftermarket Tools Soon,
JAN.1.18
  1. A personal computer and a non-proprietary vehicle interface device that complies with the Society of Automotive Engineers SAE J2534, the International Standards Organizations ISO 22900 or any successor to SAE J2534 or ISO 22900 as may be accepted or published by the Society of Automotive Engineers or the International Standards Organizations.

An on-board diagnostic and repair information system integrated and entirely self-contained within the vehicle such as a service information system integrated into an onboard display.

A system that provides direct access to on-board diagnostic and repair information through a non-proprietary vehicle interface such as Ethernet, Universal Serial Bus or Digital Versatile Disc.

The law mandates MY 2018 ,It will open the door for the telematics to prior years.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I would have no problem keeping any 3.0 pass warranty if the OA warranted to do so , and with proper maintenance .foaming of the intake and Stationary de-sooting it will last, Yep The stationary de-soot requires WITECH at this time...It should be available in Aftermarket Tools Soon,
JAN.1.18
  1. A personal computer and a non-proprietary vehicle interface device that complies with the Society of Automotive Engineers SAE J2534, the International Standards Organizations ISO 22900 or any successor to SAE J2534 or ISO 22900 as may be accepted or published by the Society of Automotive Engineers or the International Standards Organizations.

An on-board diagnostic and repair information system integrated and entirely self-contained within the vehicle such as a service information system integrated into an onboard display.

A system that provides direct access to on-board diagnostic and repair information through a non-proprietary vehicle interface such as Ethernet, Universal Serial Bus or Digital Versatile Disc.

The law mandates MY 2018 ,It will open the door for the telematics to prior years.

That's good news, so basically that's saying FCA can't keep that function proprietary to them, but they must allow other 3rd parties to implement this in other aftermarket tools? I'm sure FCA wanted to keep this a "dealer only" item to charge for it. Just my guess though.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I just spent 4 hrs on 2016 That left the dealer with CEL on, The owner was so disgusted He never returned to the Dealer. After He spent the Time with Me (All 4 Hrs) The Dealer Never performed the service they claimed...That's another area of shame, Dealer channels in some cases just don't get the Job done correctly and The truck takes all the blame.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
JAN.1.18

TC: Can you explain what foaming of the intake and Stationary de-sooting is? How often it is done? Is this done only by dealer or can it be done by the owner? What is involve? Where can I go to learn more about this? Is this procedure done to address all the soot returned to the engine by the EGR System?

Can you recommend a PC based diagnostic interface system or device?

Appreciate you pots.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes.. Just Me a minute to finish up some work.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Foaming requires the removal of the diffuser tube and Foaming the intake plenum I Use Mighty VS7 or Amsoil Foam intake, Cap the inlet of the plenum , make sure the intake tube is in place form Filter to turbo (if Not it won't start) don't worry about the ERG outlet after a minute or so the ERG will Shut 100%, Have someone raise the RPMs to 1500+ and spray inside the plenum, Shut down and Spray the plenum again with engine off. do this 3-4 Times clean the diffuser tube and re-install.

Ok Here' were You want WITech to place the vehicle into Stationary de-soot, If You don't have WITech drive the vehicle for 12-15 Miles and HWY Speeds, Then change oil, So do this at Service lube time frame , WHY waste good oil.

You should also remove all the sound insulation Both side of Engine and the CP4 cover and save if you want, Remove the MAP sensor and clean after foaming the plenum with the intake foam cleaner.

Removing the Foam is a PITR but worth it all that foam does is keep injection parts hot and will cause shorten life do to excessive heat and the foam becomes latent with trash fuel/oil and can burn,,its happened.

The last Pic Is My ED 3.0 engine De-insulated

Attachments

• Mighty Foam.png
    Mighty Foam.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 56
  • V6-diesel 3.0 Ecodiesel - Diffuser.jpg
    V6-diesel 3.0 Ecodiesel - Diffuser.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    Removed Sound insul 3.0 ecodiesel.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Ecodiesel 3 0 - Copy (4).jpg
    Ecodiesel 3 0 - Copy (4).jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 54

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Where does all the crud go? I would assume it goes into the crank case.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yes, but My guess 98% goes to the DPF ,Its already in the Intake, You could remove the Plenum an manually clean it, But that won't clean the Intake surfaces or valves areas. I do mine at 12-15K , it cleans up nice, I suppose 25K Miles would be OK.

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
Foaming requires the removal of the diffuser tube and Foaming the intake plenum I Use Mighty VS7 or Amsoil Foam intake, Cap the inlet of the plenum , make sure the intake tube is in place form Filter to turbo (if Not it won't start) don't worry about the ERG outlet after a minute or so the ERG will Shut 100%, Have someone raise the RPMs to 1500+ and spray inside the plenum, Shut down and Spray the plenum again with engine off. do this 3-4 Times clean the diffuser tube and re-install.

Ok Here' were You want WITech to place the vehicle into Stationary de-soot, If You don't have WITech drive the vehicle for 12-15 Miles and HWY Speeds, Then change oil, So do this at Service lube time frame , WHY waste good oil.

You should also remove all the sound insulation Both side of Engine and the CP4 cover and save if you want, Remove the MAP sensor and clean after foaming the plenum with the intake foam cleaner.

Removing the Foam is a PITR but worth it all that foam does is keep injection parts hot and will cause shorten life do to excessive heat and the foam becomes latent with trash fuel/oil and can burn,,its happened.

The last Pic Is My ED 3.0 engine De-insulated

Thanks TC......very valuable information.....very appreciative that you have the background & knowledge with a willing spirit to share this with us. I will study the procedure and get to a point where I am comfortable doing it. Just one question, I assume you did not delete your EGR and this procedure is meant to keep the intake and EGR as clean as much as possible?

I am sure I will have more questions as I get into the total procedure. Can you tell me how often you do this?

DWalker

Feb 26, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks TC......very valuable information.....very appreciative that you have the background & knowledge with a willing spirit to share this with us. I will study the procedure and get to a point where I am comfortable doing it. Just one question, I assume you did not delete your EGR and this procedure is meant to keep the intake and EGR as clean as much as possible?

I am sure I will have more questions as I get into the total procedure. Can you tell me how often you do this?
Never mind.....just notice you do it every 12 -15 thousand.......maybe 25,000

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The EGR chamber on My ED coated with just dust soot, the Plenum and Diffuser are the filthy parts. You can remove thermo coupler and clean the ERG before the Plenum cleaning.. Just remove the thermo coupler and spray the Foam cleaner ,it cleans it right up and spits junk into the plenum.