• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel flash with settlement

sparky357

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
My settlement check came today!

Glad to cash in my chips and be a former Eco owner.
Boostn, How long did it take you form the time you submitted you paperwork?? They have accepted my initial paperwork but I am still waiting for the paperwork I am suppose to sign and notarized back to them. I did it on line on 2nd of July. I see that it has been accepted. Just curious how long it to you.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

Dons rams

Aug 7, 2019
Truck Year
I keep reading how the "flash" is going to ruin motors and kill mileage. How does anybody know this? No one has actually received the flash yet so no data exists. Isn't possible that the flash will not effect the motor in any noticeable way?
One poster in another thread has already said it "killed his mileage" but he can't have even gotten it yet!
I am not inclined to think the flash will "fix" anything but the alleged software tweaking but it may not be that detrimental either....
My 2015 limited after flash gets 22 not 30 anymore and less power

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My 2015 limited after flash gets 22 not 30 anymore and less power

How many tanks have you tracked? I'm assuming it's similar driving and nothing unusual an the only change that happen is the "Flash" correct?

If so, that's a huge difference!

Dons rams

Aug 7, 2019
Truck Year
How many tanks have you tracked? I'm assuming it's similar driving and nothing unusual an the only change that happen is the "Flash" correct?

If so, that's a huge difference!
Yes 24 while on highway 400 miles

james509

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
It didn't seem to hurt my mileage, I drove 40 miles to my dealer and got 27 going and 27.5 coming back after the flash. One thing I did notice was when cold, It is a slug. The turbo lag is worse that ever. However, when it's fully warmed up, the turbo lag is completely gone. It always bugged the crap out of me before having to power brake it a bit before I wanted to take off to keep from geting hit by oncoming traffic, now it's instant. Now if they would finish my settlement review I would be a happy camper.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
It didn't seem to hurt my mileage, I drove 40 miles to my dealer and got 27 going and 27.5 coming back after the flash. One thing I did notice was when cold, It is a slug. The turbo lag is worse that ever. However, when it's fully warmed up, the turbo lag is completely gone. It always bugged the crap out of me before having to power brake it a bit before I wanted to take off to keep from geting hit by oncoming traffic, now it's instant. Now if they would finish my settlement review I would be a happy camper.
Glad it worked for you I had the opposite response .

Dons rams

Aug 7, 2019
Truck Year
What dealer did you use

mark david

Aug 22, 2019
Truck Year
I keep reading how the "flash" is going to ruin motors and kill mileage. How does anybody know this? No one has actually received the flash yet so no data exists. Isn't possible that the flash will not effect the motor in any noticeable way?
One poster in another thread has already said it "killed his mileage" but he can't have even gotten it yet!
I am not inclined to think the flash will "fix" anything but the alleged software tweaking but it may not be that detrimental either....
I had my 2016 1500 ecodeisel flashed and the performance changed a lot, mileage down 2-3 MPG, towing much more of a struggle , big acceleration lag, very unhappy, looking for a fix

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I had my 2016 1500 ecodeisel flashed and the performance changed a lot, mileage down 2-3 MPG, towing much more of a struggle , big acceleration lag, very unhappy, looking for a fix
Sounds like you are in the same boat as me, we both need a aftermarket tune. In about two weeks I will be getting a GDE engine tune. HATE the way my truck drives after I had the dealer install the FCA recall tune to my truck.

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Explain how my stock 16 drove fine both before and after the AEM. No change hot or cold. I roll in the throttle and it responds.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Explain how my stock 16 drove fine both before and after the AEM. No change hot or cold. I roll in the throttle and it responds.
There should be a noticeable lag until 150° F according to FCA. I can't explain why you don't experience it.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 10

3js

May 13, 2019
Truck Year
Well I scheduled a oil change and the dealership states i have to get the software update. I have a 2015 and had some emissions issues but had been resolved and it has been performing fine for the last year. Does one have the option to decline the upgrade? If the truck takes on all the posted issues I have read what can be done for a fix? Was told by another Ecodiesel owner to upgrade to aftermarket tuner. States just plug in OEM when having service done. Anyone know about this option?

John

Nov 13, 2015
The AEM is optional except for CA residents. If you do get the AEM a tune will make it good again. Most seem to prefer GDE