• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Oil Change Intervals

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Had the oil changed at the dealer. The oil sticker that they put on reads next oil change in 5000 miles.
I hate that dealers do that shit. Pretty sure that is gas intervals and they just don't care

NicNight

Aug 10, 2017
Truck Year
I'm not even sure the gas intervals are that low. I thought the gas motor was about 8k given synthetics and what not.

John W

Feb 22, 2018
Truck Year
I purchased the 5w40 oil and recommended filter, had the local mechanic perform oil change. I cannot reset the "change engine oil" message. Is there another way other than ignition on, pump throttle 3 times?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its kinda tricky... What Model of truck do you have , Longhorn,Laramie, Big Horn?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have only Laramie's But I think this is it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
That's Odd, Have the Dealer clear it with WITECH.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
They should have consider the re-set part of the service they performed.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
The three throttle press works sometimes but its not the actual way to reset the oil life on our trucks. In your owners manual pages 301 and 302 is the proper procedure. Im copy and pasting it below.

Oil Life Reset
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the EVIC after a single chime has sounded, to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctu- ate, dependent upon your personal driving style.
NOTE: Use the steering wheel EVIC controls for the following procedure(s).
Vehicles Equipped With Passive Entry
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Push and release the DOWN arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”
3. Push and release the RIGHT arrow button to access the ”Vehicle Info” screen, then scroll UP or DOWN to select “Oil Life.”
4. Push and hold the RIGHT arrow button to select “Reset,” then push and release the Right arrow button to select “NO” or “YES” to reset the Oil Life to 100%.
5. Push and release the Up arrow button to exit the EVIC screen.
Vehicles Not Equipped With Passive Entry
1. Without depressing the brake pedal, cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Push and release the DOWN arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”
3. Push and release the RIGHT arrow button to access the “Vehicle Info” screen then scroll UP or DOWN to select “Oil Life.”
4. Push and hold the RIGHT arrow button to select “Reset,” then select “NO” or “YES” by pushing the RIGHT arrow then push the RIGHT arrow button to select reset of the Oil Life to 100%.
5. Push and release the Up arrow button to exit the EVIC screen.
NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the Oil Life indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.