• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Service Electronic Throttle Control Message

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I just took my truck to dealer and they gave me a loaner at no cost. It was a crewcab work truck with the v-6 gas engine. Surprized how well it run. solarvic

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
I just took my truck to dealer and they gave me a loaner at no cost. It was a crewcab work truck with the v-6 gas engine. Surprized how well it run. solarvic

Not only they are not providing a loaner, but they want me to pay for 30 miles towing .. Courtesy Chrysler-Jeep in Altoona PA

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
My dealer said it wouldn,t hurt anything to drive it into dealer, so I did. It didn,t have normal power but I got it there ok at about 45 to 50 mph. Had my daughter follow me. Maybe you can just drive it to dealer like I did. Actually My dealer made a swap to the dealer in Altoona to get my blue streak color I wanted. My truck had 300 miles on it before I got it due to all the dealer swaping.It started at a dealer in Pittsburg, than to Altoona and then to my dealer in Meadville Pa. PS the service department tried to tell me that
I wouldn,t get a loaner too. So I went to the new car manager and he seemed to override the service department. My dealer wan,ts me to be happy with them and it is important for them if you give them a good recommendation when you fill out the satisfaction report that Chrysler sends to me. John, the new car manager at Griffin Motors in Meadville PA. will take care of you and he told me if I have any problem with the service department to let him know and he would take care of it. solarvic

Last edited:

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
My dealer said it wouldn,t hurt anything to drive it into dealer, so I did. It didn,t have normal power but I got it there ok at about 45 to 50 mph. Had my daughter follow me. Maybe you can just drive it to dealer like I did. Actually My dealer made a swap to the dealer in Altoona to get my blue streak color I wanted. My truck had 300 miles on it before I got it due to all the dealer swaping.It started at a dealer in Pittsburg, than to Altoona and then to my dealer in Meadville Pa.
I am in state college, I have to drive 36 miles down 99, The truck goes 30 miles/hour @ 3K-4K RPM I'm not going to risk blowing the engine out.
Dodge have 30 days to fix the truck without a cost to me or I can claim a lemon (Less than 12K miles, and less than a year from purchase)

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
I guess it,s up to you but when I called them about it they told me it wouldn,t hurt anything. Under the warranty you are supposed to get free towing to the nearest dealer and If you take it to a dealer farther away you have to pay the difference. There is a dealer about 8 miles from me but I bought from one about 18 miles from me and decided to take it to the dealer I bought it from. I undrtstand your concern but I dought if you can get a remedy for the lemon law asd it has to go back 3 times for the same problem. When I had the problem my truck would only go about 30 mph if I kept it floored because the transmission wouldn,t shift to a higher gear. I found if you just pushed the accelerator a lot less that the transmission would shift up then and didn,t have any trouble getting to the garage but I only drove it to the dealer. It just has a lot less power. I have been thru state college lots of times as I go to AG progress days. I havn,t had any problems since they changed the fuel injectors and found that the fuel milage increased slightly. Not sure if the fix improved the milage or if it is the fuel injector cleaner I started using. Solarvic

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
I guess it,s up to you but when I called them about it they told me it wouldn,t hurt anything. Under the warranty you are supposed to get free towing to the nearest dealer and If you take it to a dealer farther away you have to pay the difference. There is a dealer about 8 miles from me but I bought from one about 18 miles from me and decided to take it to the dealer I bought it from. I undrtstand your concern but I dought if you can get a remedy for the lemon law asd it has to go back 3 times for the same problem. When I had the problem my truck would only go about 30 mph if I kept it floored because the transmission wouldn,t shift to a higher gear. I found if you just pushed the accelerator a lot less that the transmission would shift up then and didn,t have any trouble getting to the garage but I only drove it to the dealer. It just has a lot less power. I have been thru state college lots of times as I go to AG progress days. I havn,t had any problems since they changed the fuel injectors and found that the fuel milage increased slightly. Not sure if the fix improved the milage or if it is the fuel injector cleaner I started using. Solarvic

If they fail to fix the truck within 30 days at no cost to me (I'm not paying a dime including towing) then lemon law applies, I'm saying this because the local dealer cannot take my truck until next month (more than 30 days), and as you mentioned they will only pay for the nearest dealer ... so it's really up to them not me.

# 29 days as of today... my clock already started

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
You can drive it until it goes into limp mode. I did. Or look for a shop to read the codes, write them down and erase them. The main code will stay on the computer until you get it to the dealer. But you won't have to worry about ur truck going into limp mode. I have the ram extended warranty till 150k miles so I just drop the truck off and they have to give me a loaner. What they did to fix my truck was take apart the egr and washed the soot out from the motor. It was obstructing the air flow the tech said. Also have them check your hoses that are attached to the intercooler. I had oil residue there. They cleaned the hoses. And most important have them double check the small vacuum hoses, one of mine was off. Please note that I fight them every time that it should be covered under power train warranty. I only paid the deductible once for them using the extended warranty. They even tried to make me pay for the radiator cap cause it was leaking $45. I told them no put back the old one. This way when the motor over heats I'll just get a new motor from them. Turned out the cap was free after I said that lol. Sorry for the long story but that's what I went through. Oh and 2 weeks ago they changed the driver side axle under the power train warranty.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
Well :
Code P0299-00 : Turbocharger under boost and code U1424-00 : implausible engine torque
They flashed the PCM, and I took the truck home with weird longer than usual transmission shifts and weak response ... needless to say, the same dreadful throttle control message came back after 40 miles or so.
Ram sent the towing truck again.
will keep you posted

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Well :
Code P0299-00 : Turbocharger under boost and code U1424-00 : implausible engine torque
They flashed the PCM, and I took the truck home with weird longer than usual transmission shifts and weak response ... needless to say, the same dreadful throttle control message came back after 40 miles or so.
will keep you posted
Ouch sorry to hear that Benito

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
Well :
will keep you posted

I also went through a few rounds of this in the Spring. Stopped for no apparent reason.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
I also went through a few rounds of this in the Spring. Stopped for no apparent reason.
A week in the shop, and they said nothing wrong with the truck, just a loose wire , the error message dissapeared but the truck now behaves as if the tow/haul mode is on. Really heavy , the fuel pedal is stiff. When going down hill the rpm shoots up to 3K. Driving through stop and go traffic is literally pain in the foot.
MPG highway is down to 23 and city to 18. I drove about 600 miles and the dpf is down by almost 20%.

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Did you mean DEF I got just over 12,000 miles before I needed any and It wasn,t full to start with.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
Did you mean DEF I got just over 12,000 miles before I needed any and It wasn,t full to start with.
yes, my fault DEF not DPF.
I drove another 500 miles today, and the DEF gauge is almost at the half mark. I'm taking the truck back to the shop next Monday

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
engine light is back on with the same message , limp mode is activated. Waiting on the tow truck again 3rd time
My next move would be filing for a lemon, anyone went through this ?

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
Going back to a previous reply from me about your problem, same as mine. They put injectors in the first time and a new filter. I now put 8 oz of injector cleaner to each tank of fuel and my truck runs better and no problems. I use the brand (POWER SERVICE) that can be bought at just about anywhere. 1 quart is good for 100 gallons. Solarvic