• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Service Electronic Throttle Control Message

RamMan

May 28, 2015
Driving last week and the truck showed the service throttle control message and flashed a red bolt on the dash. It happened twice and would disappear after a minute or so. Is it safe?

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Driving last week and the truck showed the service throttle control message and flashed a red bolt on the dash. It happened twice and would disappear after a minute or so. Is it safe?

Has this continued to happen? Just curious if this was a fluke or an electrical failure.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
The reason that comes on is something in the pcm is detecting a condition that can lead to an immediate failure that may leave the vehicle stranded in an intersection or other dangerous condition, it can be from almost anything on the truck, most likely its a loose connector anywhere on the vehicle, there are quite a few complaints about it on our ecodiesels. , one quick question though, are you even slightly touching the brake pedal while your touching the gas pedal? major no-no on our trucks, that message will come up if your touching both pedals at the same time, keep it up and the truck will completely disable the throttle all together for 30 seconds, then shut the truck off.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
The reason that comes on is something in the pcm is detecting a condition that can lead to an immediate failure that may leave the vehicle stranded in an intersection or other dangerous condition, it can be from almost anything on the truck, most likely its a loose connector anywhere on the vehicle, there are quite a few complaints about it on our ecodiesels. , one quick question though, are you even slightly touching the brake pedal while your touching the gas pedal? major no-no on our trucks, that message will come up if your touching both pedals at the same time, keep it up and the truck will completely disable the throttle all together for 30 seconds, then shut the truck off.

I tried to do a break stand the other day (I know immature) but it was wet out and I was showing off. Well trying to show off. With my foot on the brake the throttle did absolutely nothing. I never received any warning light though. Jut no response from the go pedal what so ever. Right down to the floor. Oh well. My truck is actually smarter (and more mature) then myself. Lol.

But I do have to listen to my dad (Silverado Z-71) talk about how weak my "dodge" is. :(

Razzaa

May 31, 2015
I tried to do a break stand the other day (I know immature) but it was wet out and I was showing off. Well trying to show off. With my foot on the brake the throttle did absolutely nothing. I never received any warning light though. Jut no response from the go pedal what so ever. Right down to the floor. Oh well. My truck is actually smarter (and more mature) then myself. Lol.

But I do have to listen to my dad (Silverado Z-71) talk about how weak my "dodge" is. :(

Lol. I wouldn't consider 420 ft/lbs of torque weak.

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Just happened to me this morning. It wouldn't turn off even after turning the car off. So waiting at the dealer now to find out WTF? Will post update once I know wtf happened.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just happened to me this morning. It wouldn't turn off even after turning the car off. So waiting at the dealer now to find out WTF? Will post update once I know wtf happened.

Welcome to the forum.

Most of the reports people say it will clear itself.. hopefully yours is nothing major.

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum.

Most of the reports people say it will clear itself.. hopefully yours is nothing major.
Wasn't so lucky. New parts were ordered. New egr and some other parts. Once they are done ill post the parts. All covered by the powertrain warranty of course. The other good thing is that I also have the extended warranty till 150k miles so I get a free loaner for the time my truck is in the shop.

3Sheets

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Watching this thread with interest. Mine is at the dealer for the 3rd time due to ETC light and the vehicle on has 32k miles. Love how well the truck pulls. Don't like the amount of time it's spending in the shop.

John Hairl

Sep 5, 2016
Truck Year
2015 with 21,000 miles. Leaving the neighborhood, pulled up to a stop sign, doing no more than 15 mph, touched the brake and the light came on. Haven't had any other issues. No mods. Tried to turn off then back on, but it did not go away. Turned around and parked it. Researching issue further. Evidently others have had this issue, does not appear to be unique to ecodiesel.

3Sheets

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Watching this thread with interest. Mine is at the dealer for the 3rd time due to ETC light and the vehicle on has 32k miles. Love how well the truck pulls. Don't like the amount of time it's spending in the shop.
Picked mine up from dealer today. They did a manual regen to correct.

3Sheets

Aug 27, 2016
Truck Year
Hopefully that'll take care of you.. it seems every time someone gets that code it's a different fix every time.
First time was a firmware update, second time was to replace a poorly installed turbo downpipe and then this last time was manual regen. We shall see...

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
My 15 ed had the message to get throttlevalve serviced @ 12,280 miles and it needed new fuel injectors replaced at nearly a $2500.00 warranty bill. I only paid for a new fuel filter. I ask them it if this is a common problem. Got the standard answer that my truck was the only one that had this problem. Also asked about the new oil recommendation and they knew nothing about it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My 15 ed had the message to get throttlevalve serviced @ 12,280 miles and it needed new fuel injectors replaced at nearly a $2500.00 warranty bill. I only paid for a new fuel filter. I ask them it if this is a common problem. Got the standard answer that my truck was the only one that had this problem. Also asked about the new oil recommendation and they knew nothing about it.

Glad you had that warranty! Sad that some dealers still doesn't have a clue yet around the new oil spec.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
This just happened to me .... no crazy driving at all, in fact as gentle as my grandma's driving , the only difference is long hours of operation for the last 2 days -14 hours running non-stop thrtl-ctrl.JPG

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
The dealer won't take any appointment till next month :mad:... not sure what to do in the mean time