• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesels now under scrutiny for emissions defeat device?

JSchneib

Oct 20, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone seen actual test data? The article is filed with words like 'court documents show', 'attorneys say' and 'allegedly'. They do site some test results but no reference to actual test data. Honestly, I didn't buy my truck because of 'clean technology' or even gas mileage. I don't like the way this feels. I have a 5 gas analyzer, anyone else want to participate in collecting our own data?

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
people just want money. it would b crazy to see this go down the same path as volkswagon is !!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
When there is big money around facts are only what people want them to be! Kinda hard to sort through the muck on the internet!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
GASOLINE emission defat?!

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Oy Vey.......I'm gonna go throw up now. A lady I work with is in the VW muck and mire. She LOVES her VW and gets upwards of 40mpg! She is devastated. I truly hope this does not happen for the ecoDiesel! (Sorry, can't get with calling it ED..makes me think of the "little blue pill" commercials!)
I do have a little bit of a hard time believing it though. My truck sometimes smells like something underneath it is hot enough to burst into flames! I believe this is because of the"regen" cycle. If I am correct, how then is the thing being turned off? I also know for a fact my DEF gauge is going down at a rate that I was told to expect. Something doesn't sound right here....

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Oy Vey.......I'm gonna go throw up now. A lady I work with is in the VW muck and mire. She LOVES her VW and gets upwards of 40mpg! She is devastated. I truly hope this does not happen for the ecoDiesel! (Sorry, can't get with calling it ED..makes me think of the "little blue pill" commercials!)
I do have a little bit of a hard time believing it though. My truck sometimes smells like something underneath it is hot enough to burst into flames! I believe this is because of the"regen" cycle. If I am correct, how then is the thing being turned off? I also know for a fact my DEF gauge is going down at a rate that I was told to expect. Something doesn't sound right here....
The regeneration cycle super heating the exhaust only happens at certain mileage intervals, most times you do not notice it. It's just "clean" diesel technology for now

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
After having read the entire legal filing, I too have to submit that there are no factual accusations within the filing. Only subjective statements of VW and BOSCH did it so FCA must be too. Now the rub. The BOSCH ECM is the most refined and most used ECM system by all manufacturers. That being said the same lawsuit can and probably will be filled against any or all manufacturers of Diesel powered vehicles. "Because VW did it with BOSCH, then so did (fill the blank)" Of course as of 1/13/2017 the EPA and CARB have come out with the same accusatory statement without any substantiation. This smells like a manufacturer wide conspiracy or an Environmentalist dream assault against any and all things not accepted by Environmentalist. The CARB public statement read by their Director even plagiarized the lawsuit.

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Is it conspiracy, or a last chance to make a point or push their weight around before 20 Jan,

sbanks

Oct 30, 2016
Truck Year
I think we as US citizens don't realize how much power these federal agencies have and how little checks and balances there are to keep them "honest". I think that most of us don't know that these agencies and it agents are immune to prosecutions and wrongdoings. Just read about the catastrophic environmental occurrence that they caused in Colorado at the defunct Gold King mine. Millions of gallons of toxic metals and other agents were released into the waterways in Colorado and surrounding states. Even though the EPA caused this massive spill they and its agents are immune to prosecutions. Just think what the EPA would have done to a regular citizen if they had caused the spill? It's hard to know at this point what the truth is. FCA is limited on what they can say at this point and we are compromised because we can't as consumers get accurate information. The Feds can say what they want whether it is true or not because they can
I have a hard time believing FCA did anything like VW apparently did. If there were any improprieties I am sure there are logical explanations. Federal laws are so ambiguous and confusing that any prosecutor with an agenda can twist nothing into something huge. Unfortunately, you got an agency that doesn't care about right and wrong, has their own agenda and wants blood. I just hope that they don't bleed out FCA. I like my ED. It's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
EPA rules remind me of the IRS rules, so many, written in a way i have a hard time understanding them.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
OK having read the EPA NOV (Notice of Violation), will try to get the link to show here no "cut & paste" option, the EPA alleges 8 AECD's, emission control defeat conditions.
1. Full EGR shut-off at highway speed.
2. Reduced EGR with increasing vehicle speed (acceleration)
3. EGR shut-off for exhaust valve cleaning.
4. DEF dosing disablement during SCR adaptation.
5. EGR reduction due to modeled engine temperatures
6. SCR catalyst warm-up disablement
7. Alternative SCR dosing modes.
8. Use of load governor to delay ammonia refill of SCR catalyst.
The EPA describes 4 combinations of these programing situations which increases NOX emissions. Which is the basis for the continued witch hunt for the programing that VW used. Each of the violations noted is actually a procedural error in that FCA did not originally state a reason or justification for making these programing parameters. Or, as EPA states, the ECM does not compensate for the EGR shut down with more control measure activation's. To EPA's credit they do state that FCA has responded with notification that item #1 has been addressed with a Field Fix in 2014 and is no longer present in 2015 and up programing. Which leads me to believe the EPA may be using a dated vehicle, as the testing described is contained in a report dated September 25, 2015. As a automotive mechanic I can make an argument for each of 2 thru 8 programing to facilitate engine longevity, I do not know why FCA engineers can not do so also.
I have tried to place the link onto this post and it is obvious that my 3yr. old granddaughter is probably the one to do that but I can't seem to pry her away from today's episode of Mickeys Play House, so if any would like to view the NOV in it's entirety go to www.epa.gov and search for RAM JEEP ecodiesel Violation press release. Once you have the press release it contains a link to the actual complaint.

Sorry for the long post. It just aggravates me that this whole matter can be resolved both administratively, with explanations for the conditions and a single Flash Program. Which would not damage the "Brand" or more importantly kick the Consumer in the testicles. FCA or RAM should first and foremost consider the CONSUMER which has PURCHASED their product.

smittys95stang

Sep 14, 2016
Truck Year
Fiat Chrysler Diesel Emissions Class Action : Merchant Law Group LLP

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk