• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Edge CTS 2 Released

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I got the bugs worked out with my OBDLink LX and it's working good. I like the fact that I don't have the extra gadget cluttering my dash. I'm not saying that I wont eventually get one but for now I'm OK.

I actually almost bought the CS because I liked the clean install (CTS sticking to the front of the pod looks no better than a suction cup) but then I read that the screen craps out often.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I just got the Edge Insight CS2. Recommend you get the CTS version. Less layouts and less items you can monitor on one layout. Don't care for the suction cup. I used velcro, sit on the column. So far working. I have a wifi ODB coming in, to see if that cheaper approach does the same, which I suspect it will. Since this picture, I've move it up further up the column, seems to be better and cable not visible. There is enough space if you adjust steering wheel. A quick installation, until I make my choices first.IMG_1126.jpg

i was expecting more PID items. Here what the Edge Insight CS2 on my 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0 displays.

Access Pedal Position
Accel Pedal Position
Ambient Air Temp
Barometric Pressure psi
Battery Voltage
Corrected Speed
Current Torque Output
DPF Soot Mass √
Distance Since Last Regen √
EGT1 Turbo Inlet √
EGT2 DOC Inlet √
EGT3 DPF Inlet √
EGT4 SCR Inlet √
Engine Coolant Temp
Engine Load
Engine Oil Temp
Engine RPM
Fuel Rail Pressure
Fuel Rail Pressure Com
G Force Calculated
Gear & TCL (Auto Only) √
Horse Power
Intake Air Temp
Intake Manifold Air Temp
Mileage Avg
Mileage Inst
Run Time
Torque
Trans Temp (Auto Only)
Trip Odometer
Turbo Boost
VGT Actuator Commanded Position
VGT Actuator Position

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I just got the Edge Insight CS2. Recommend you get the CTS version. Less layouts and less items you can monitor on one layout. Don't care for the suction cup. I used velcro, sit on the column. So far working. I have a wifi ODB coming in, to see if that cheaper approach does the same, which I suspect it will. Since this picture, I've move it up further up the column, seems to be better and cable not visible. There is enough space if you adjust steering wheel. A quick installation, until I make my choices first.View attachment 203

i was expecting more PID items. Here what the Edge Insight CS2 on my 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0 displays.

Access Pedal Position
Accel Pedal Position
Ambient Air Temp
Barometric Pressure psi
Battery Voltage
Corrected Speed
Current Torque Output
DPF Soot Mass √
Distance Since Last Regen √
EGT1 Turbo Inlet √
EGT2 DOC Inlet √
EGT3 DPF Inlet √
EGT4 SCR Inlet √
Engine Coolant Temp
Engine Load
Engine Oil Temp
Engine RPM
Fuel Rail Pressure
Fuel Rail Pressure Com
G Force Calculated
Gear & TCL (Auto Only) √
Horse Power
Intake Air Temp
Intake Manifold Air Temp
Mileage Avg
Mileage Inst
Run Time
Torque
Trans Temp (Auto Only)
Trip Odometer
Turbo Boost
VGT Actuator Commanded Position
VGT Actuator Position
Good info.. I need to break down and purchase one. They look really nice!

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Good info.. I need to break down and purchase one. They look really nice!
I asked the Tech, if more PID items may show up on Update, as I suspect lots of sensors not showing.
The reply was this:

"It is possible as we do more development but I can't promise anything, the list is pretty comparable to most vehicles in it's year range."

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I asked the Tech, if more PID items may show up on Update, as I suspect lots of sensors not showing.
The reply was this:

"It is possible as we do more development but I can't promise anything, the list is pretty comparable to most vehicles in it's year range."

I don't think they will deep dive to much as the general consumer will be happy with that.

But we can hope they continue development !

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
The main reason, I pick up the Edge, was to monitor REGEN. As there seems to be confusion and/or concerns. So far, I don't think, it's an issue yet. I posted the results of my REGEN, under the subject REGEN, how do I know. I'm still waiting for the arrival of the WIFI ODB2. I then use my iPhone 6 plus to monitor it. I think, it will do the same job as the Insight, but a lot cheaper.

reighndj

Jul 28, 2015
Truck Year
I added a Blue Spark Tuner Box(from Britain) shortly after I purchased my 2014 ED and have found its performance to be good. It does not have all the bells and whistles of the CTS, but, it has boosted performance and fuel mileage. I sure you purchase is better,but, it wasn't available at the time.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I may look at a tuner later, but didn't want to void or get into a hassle with warranty for now. If Edge had released a tuner (not yet available), I would have bought that for monitoring and after warranty and/or truck get to be proven reliable (So far it has been excellent), I would have played with the tuner side. It is a bit expensive (Insight CS2/CST2, just to monitor REGEN, etc.

I did get my wifi unit, work great with the iphone, however the apps, such as DashCmd is very generic, doesn't show the REGEN EGT 1 to 4 or REGEN Distance, etc. So, it really useless, unless you want to do lots of fuel monitoring. There doesn't seem to be any apps that will do it as of now. There is one app, I haven't been able to test, because it requires that you buy (150.00) their wifi/bluetooth unit. Currently they areexperiencing hardware issue according to their forum. People waiting for firmware update still. I found a better position to mount the unit, as per picture.

IMG_1422.JPG

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
I picked up my CTS2 last week off Amazon for $335 delivered. I currently have it mounted on the windshield but have the pillar mount arriving on Thursday.
So far I like it rather than having to fuss with my Note 3 and Torque and I like having it always connected.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
So far, the current update, doesn't give me back the REGEN Distance, however the PID is listed. The dealer updated the truck firmware a few week back and that PID seems to be gone. So, I would imagine, anyone else that update the truck firmware will lose the REGEN Distance PID. This is on my Insight CS2. I only watch the EGT 1 to 4, soot level, have option to monitor one more but haven't use it. I did notice a small indicator does come up/light to show REGEN is occuring

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
It would be interesting for someone who has lost the REGEN distance to try it with Torque and see if it is broke there as well. Mine still works so I cant.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
According to Edge Tech, they even used FCA unit and REGEN Distance is nil with this update. If it an error or deliberate, time will tell.

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
Here's my CTS2 with the included suction cup mount. It was OK but I wanted something more integrated.

edge1.jpg

And now I just received the new pillar mount which includes all the adapters for the two versions of CS/CTS. I definitely like it better than the windshield mount plus it is more out of the windshield and closer to the dash. Easy and clean install and perfect color match.

edge_pillar1.jpg

edge_pillar2.jpg

edge_pillar3.jpg

edge_pillar4.jpg

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year