• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Egr delete

Evil Crouton

Oct 4, 2018
Truck Year
If I do the egr delete with those kits I see online without ECU tunning, will the truck run? And just show a light? Or must I tune in. Ontario has discarded the drive clean act here for light duty vehicles

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
If I do the egr delete with those kits I see online without ECU tunning, will the truck run? And just show a light? Or must I tune in. Ontario has discarded the drive clean act here for light duty vehicles

You'll likely throw codes.

Marauderer

Oct 6, 2018
Truck Year
It's a great excuse to by the Green Diesel Engineering tunes:):D;)

Domino

Aug 27, 2015
Truck Year

It will throw codes and the throttle control error that sends into limp mode. There is a gde tuned ecm on Kijiji in Ontario. You may save some cash.

John

Nov 13, 2015
What is required for a EGR delete? Will this solve leaking coolant?
The stage 1 kit will just block it off and coolant will still flow and there's still potential for leaking.
The stage 2 kit allows complete removal of the EGR and EGR cooler and can no longer leak.

Csplumbing

Jan 26, 2019
Truck Year
The stage 1 kit will just block it off and coolant will still flow and there's still potential for leaking.
The stage 2 kit allows complete removal of the EGR and EGR cooler and can no longer leak.

Arlodost2015ram1500

Apr 24, 2019
Truck Year
Where do you buy stage 2 and where do you get the tune done in eastern Ontario (Cobourg area) my egr is pooched and peaking like a suv and I don’t have 3grand to replace it

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
You can do the ECM exchange yourself along with the EGR delete. its pretty simple.

I would go to an independent shop before a dealer. I dont know Canada rules and laws, but here in the US it would void the warranty

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
There are videos on Youtube on how to do it - its easy. Or ask a friend or go to a regular repair shop.

Rafarodr

Jan 30, 2020
Truck Year
Is there anyone else that does a tune for the deletion? Green Diesel has been sold out for a while now.

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Is there anyone else that does a tune for the deletion? Green Diesel has been sold out for a while now.
Green diesel to my understanding is still tied up with the EPA. There are several Canadian companies offering tunes, SFT and HD diesel supply.

-STIGLITZ-

Nov 17, 2019
Truck Year
You have to tune, if you’re going to delete. As pcatoe stated, SFT and HD are your best options.