• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine Failure - 2016 Ecodiesel - 74,000 miles - out of warranty by 6 months!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
They told me at first that they had no ETA. Then about 3 weeks later they started to give me delivery dates to the shop. And every time it was pushed out two days or 3 days. And then one day he called and said it shipped from Michigan. They got the engine in on Friday they removed the cab on Friday. An engine was in and installed and delivered to me on Thursday. It was done at the dealer. I just hope it works!
Well I hope you get to drive it soon!

burwellflagin

Feb 14, 2022
Truck Year
Well I hope you get to drive it soon!
Yep. I drove it Thursday and Friday. It seems like the same truck. I went camping this weekend and since the engine is so new I decided not to pull my camper up the mountain with it I used a 2005 Ford expedition with 200,000 miles on it instead. 🙂

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
I had a 2006 Laramie with a Hemi. 4 speed with overdrive? I tow a camper too. This motor (EcoDiesel)towed so much better until.. I bought it with 44k miles. Put 30k on on less than a year.
If your vehicle had the emission recall done in 2019 it would have a 125,000, 8 year warranty provided by FCA And a 48 month 48,000 mile warranty as well. Check your VIN.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
If your vehicle had the emission recall done in 2019 it would have a 125,000, 8 year warranty provided by FCA And a 48 month 48,000 mile warranty as well. Check your VIN.

You're a little off with your numbers:

The extended warranty period is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first.

Jbprints

Nov 3, 2022
Truck Year
You're a little off with your numbers:

The extended warranty period is the greater of (i) 10 years from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or 48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever comes first.
Either way, the vehicle should be under warranty I’d think.