• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Enlight HID for 2015

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I don't have the air.. and after watching the video it is more just little tight work that would make it time consuming.. but what is the plug and play part of it.. I didn't see that covered in the video.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
This is the upgraded ballast.

And you are right about the fog lights. That's why most people opt for the ribbon style led because it can be stuffed inside and the ribbon is a flexible heat sink. I'm going to ask about this fitment in the housing tomorrow.

And actually the grill removal is very simple, remove the plastic cover between the Hood latch and the grill. It's just push pins holding it on. Then there are 4 10mm bolts on top and then you just pop it off. The two middle fasteners come off easily but I use a panel trim tool for the bottom (a plastic pry bar) and put it between grill and headlight and push the top back. It pops the bottom fasteners out no problem. Then 2 bolts for each headlight and a tricky lock accessed from inside the access panel in the fender well.

I guess I will have to put together a DIY!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Here is the Retroshop video of how I did the install. I hope this helps.

Except enlight actually uses the right bulbs. No trimming. Just plug and play

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I don't need a light bar it is just more of wanting one.. I have 30 acres of property and it is dark out there.. Yours look almost like it belongs there in the pictures a random person would not know it is an add on.. I will have to take a good look at the truck tomorrow to get a full idea of how this works...one disclaimer on one page of the online store say if you don't know what you are doing have a professional. do it.. but it does't hard just tome comsuming

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't have the air.. and after watching the video it is more just little tight work that would make it time consuming.. but what is the plug and play part of it.. I didn't see that covered in the video.

His video is shown on a gasser which is different under the Hood because we have a much different cooling system intake etc. And installing the ballast in the headlight housing's means you only need to mount the resistor and run the harness from the battery. That is what simplifies the system.

Now that I know what I'm doing I could throw in a system in an hour and a half.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't need a light bar it is just more of wanting one.. I have 30 acres of property and it is dark out there.. Yours look almost like it belongs there in the pictures a random person would not know it is an add on.. I will have to take a good look at the truck tomorrow to get a full idea of how this works...one disclaimer on one page of the online store say if you don't know what you are doing have a professional. do it.. but it does't hard just tome comsuming
That's exactly it. Not hard. Just time consuming.

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
I am watching the 2nd video now..I watched the one on the lights web site.. the one you posted is even better.. I was wondering about the water proof part of the head light and if this would leave moisture to get in but they covered that..

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I just trimmed it as small as I could. A tiny touch of silicone and it's perfect for me.

Connie

Sep 16, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for posting all that.. I think not only me but others would like this.. I rely on reviews and others thoughts alot before purchasing things I am not familier with this looks like a nice product.. another good example that even tho our trucks already rock.. there are other ideas and products that can just make it even better.. and more fun

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
So I actually have a brand new light bar same as this in box I've never opened. I'm considering removing mine as it is currently. It was kind of an inexpensive alternative to the HID at the time. It does fit up great with the shape of the bumper.

If anyone were really serious about wanting it I would maybe be willing to trade air dams so you could have one notched for the brackets already and only have to drill the two holes. And install a switch.

I just have less of a use for an off road light. I need high output lighting I can use while on road all of the time hence why I reconsidered keeping it though it is nice where it is.

View attachment 379 View attachment 380
jdn, do you still have this bar light and if so what are you asking for it?
Thanks

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Paid 200, not sure what it would cost to ship anywhere. Make a reasonable offer considering.

Brand new still boxed and packaged.

Watersupply189

Nov 18, 2015
Paid 200, not sure what it would cost to ship anywhere. Make a reasonable offer considering.

Brand new still boxed and packaged.
Is there a way we can private message on here to discuss instead of this thread? I'm new on this site and I'm still trying to figure everything out on here...

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Is there a way we can private message on here to discuss instead of this thread? I'm new on this site and I'm still trying to figure everything out on here...

Just click the User name, and choose "Start A Conversation". Conversations are "private messages". :)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Day (or a year) late and a dollar short but here's a lil snap shot!

20170218_213209.jpg 20170218_213217.jpg