• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Honestly, I don't personally like either outcome if truth be told, I think there should be a Manhattan project for fuel cell tech so we can stop sending extremists our hard earned dollars and start having electric trucks that don't harm the environment as much. Of course part of our electric grid is based on dirty production methodd at the moment that needs to be dealt with maybe the newer clean nuclear tech that these cry baby liberatards cry out against because they are to simple or closed minded to really understand. There are a lot of people crying out against FCA and the EcoD that simply want a free hand out like some left wing welfare recipient. They are liberals pretending to be conservative, it's a sick joke:-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bigredmf

Oct 29, 2015
Truck Year
I didn't realize that politics was appropriate in this forum

Keep in mind there are ton of Americans on the dole regardless of political affiliation . Yes this does include republicans and "conservatives"

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Considering the chief topic involves a political entity I don't see how it can be avoided.

AJ73942

Aug 2, 2016
Truck Year
I say the next generation is a bunch of man bun wearing want something for nothing pussies, if they want better they're gonna have to work, something they don't like hearing, they just want everything for free and already done

LOL, I just don't get a man bun. I think people will look back at it later and those who thought it was cool will cringe.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I ended up taking the deal. It was just too good to pass up. I'm going to miss the fuel economy but with warranty expiring, and a long commute, I have heard enough stories of people waiting on even simple repairs for months. I hope these things get sorted out because I'll be keeping up on it.
The cool part for me is my father-in-law wants to buy the Hemi if I do purchase the EcoDiesel once they start releasing the 2018 models.

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2015
Truck Year
The cool part for me is my father-in-law wants to buy the Hemi if I do purchase the EcoDiesel once they start releasing the 2018 models.

That is a handy thing to have a buyer all set before.

I've had my Hemi for a few days now and am missing the "range to empty" numbers the ED showed. But at least I found a truck with exactly the options I wanted. When I got the Eco, I couldn't find any with the Rambox, but fixed that this time.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
That is a handy thing to have a buyer all set before.

I've had my Hemi for a few days now and am missing the "range to empty" numbers the ED showed. But at least I found a truck with exactly the options I wanted. When I got the Eco, I couldn't find any with the Rambox, but fixed that this time.
Mine has basically everything except the air suspension and sun roof which are big items to me. Of course getting a 2017 Laramie 4x4 hemi for 36k was just to sweet to pass at the time.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Mine has basically everything except the air suspension and sun roof which are big items to me. Of course getting a 2017 Laramie 4x4 hemi for 36k was just to sweet to pass at the time.

That's a good price!

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
That's a good price!
Honestly, they were trying to make up for the whole debacle with the EcoD, even though it was really a corporate issue they didn't shy away. I'm impressed and will be back with business to show muy gratitude.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I installed the ICI magnum Rick sliders on Tuesday. I really like the way they look but what a PITA. It took me 6 hour and 15mins to install.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
LOL I recieved this today from my FCA contact.

"
Job 1 for the Ram EcoDiesel has been pushed out to the week of June 19.

***n ***n
*** Management

***@fcagroup.com
"

My thought is this. What planet on you from? You guys have to resolve the lawsuit at this point before you can start production on 2017 models:p This is basically the "smoking gun" from them blowing "smoke" up my proverbial ass. What a moron:p

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
LOL I recieved this today from my FCA contact.

"
Job 1 for the Ram EcoDiesel has been pushed out to the week of June 19.

***n ***n
*** Management

***@fcagroup.com
"

My thought is this. What planet on you from? You guys have to resolve the lawsuit at this point before you can start production on 2017 models:p This is basically the "smoking gun" from them blowing "smoke" up my proverbial ass. What a moron:p

That's only 6 days away. :D

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The DOJ has NOT drop the criminal charges.. and like I posted at the other Thread the 3.0 will be the 6.0 revisited..FCA has already agreed to buy back My ED , We are awaiting the resolution on the Civil/Criminal end That's it.....Who wants a molested 2017 anyways the 3.0s are sill failing at even 100-120K mile range.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/07/2017-fca-ecodiesels-get-regulatory-green-light.html

Well well well. What a bizzar affair. I guess since Trump daddy in office all these people wanting the gov't to buy back their trucks are screwed.
Yes a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. I predict that the Criminal trial will result in Administrative fines for failure to notify on original certification filing. I think the approval of the 2017, even at this horribly belated time, is a signal that the EPA & CARB agree that the software fix will be appropriate. As I stated months ago on a different thread, and maybe this one so much has been said, after reading the ENTIRE legal brief filed the only reasonable conclusion was an administrative error or lack of oversight, which would result in an Administrative Fine. The original Criminal legal brief was based upon a test from September 2014 on a 2014 model truck. The EPA in the meantime has been testing, both on the dyno and road, newer models. A DOJ official has already stated that the filing was to "encourage" FCA to speed up their fix. Also unlike another poster no one has contacted me about purchasing back my 2014 ED, only that software airbag update.
Personally I have grown more and more to appreciate my ED, the only person I know who doesn't truly appreciate it is a friend driving the new Colorado from GM with the I4 Duramax garnering 30mpg highway to my 24. What the heck in my shop in the row of GM SB's, Land Rover aluminum V8's, Mercedes V8's, sits a ED with trans, transfer case, wiring and ECM. If need be an analysis as to failure will result in updated parts and systems to improve the engine, much like the aftermarket has done for the lowly 6.0.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. I predict that the Criminal trial will result in Administrative fines for failure to notify on original certification filing. I think the approval of the 2017, even at this horribly belated time, is a signal that the EPA & CARB agree that the software fix will be appropriate. As I stated months ago on a different thread, and maybe this one so much has been said, after reading the ENTIRE legal brief filed the only reasonable conclusion was an administrative error or lack of oversight, which would result in an Administrative Fine. The original Criminal legal brief was based upon a test from September 2014 on a 2014 model truck. The EPA in the meantime has been testing, both on the dyno and road, newer models. A DOJ official has already stated that the filing was to "encourage" FCA to speed up their fix. Also unlike another poster no one has contacted me about purchasing back my 2014 ED, only that software airbag update.
Personally I have grown more and more to appreciate my ED, the only person I know who doesn't truly appreciate it is a friend driving the new Colorado from GM with the I4 Duramax garnering 30mpg highway to my 24. What the heck in my shop in the row of GM SB's, Land Rover aluminum V8's, Mercedes V8's, sits a ED with trans, transfer case, wiring and ECM. If need be an analysis as to failure will result in updated parts and systems to improve the engine, much like the aftermarket has done for the lowly 6.0.
It's strange some people are so narcissistic. I think you are right. Trump, whom I am not a huge fan of, doesn't buy the shit the former EPA has been peddling. It's a money game to them, as it has been for a lot of litigious jerks who just wanted a quick dollar. It will be a fine. Hell if they can get California emissions approval itty honestly wasn't that bad of a situation, again, over blown by a few to make sombre dollars. I wouldn't feel bad about that Colorado, I intentionally avoided it because of the small size.

Hundo

Aug 5, 2017
Truck Year
Guys getting 24 on hwy, you guys doing 90+ ? I get 27-28 doing 70.

I love my eco, although I'm getting a delay it taking off, feels like the brakes are sticking? One guy said it may be the torque converter. When I pull out 6k trailer, doesn't happen.

If this flash we get Dimishes my mpg by too much, I'd prefer to give it back and get a 2500.