• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I could be wrong.. But FCA has set a trend. the failed bracket FCA was notified 1 year in advance of possible failure by the frame maker, FCA waits unit they start to fail than issues recall Force by the NHTSA and takes another 10 months for the fix, I could go on & on.

I'm aggressive to FCA advantage, Stop this to the occasional mess up , not the Norm, I'm with Ya on trust. and My friends trust, their names are Franklin, Hamilton, Jackson.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I received an email from the FCA rep this morning. They are going to issue some sort of update on what's holding back the production of the ED, good or bad. He stated to me that they still have every intention of building the 2017 model EcoDiesel. Just thought I'd let you guys know anything I got while in the waiting process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
The Trump administration is meeing with the big 3 today, could be interesting, I doubt it ends up in a fix for the ecodiesel's woes, but it could get the ball rolling

dbr2

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
It will take Trump time, he will have to get the EPA corrected first, and then the big 3 will likely do better. Hopefully reg's will be rolled back to where there where prior to the acceleration of the Reg's done in the last 8 yrs. All of these current levels would have to be met but it would have been out another several years to meet the requirements, as they were originally passed. When the regs exceed the technology to delivery fuel mileage and emissions together at the same time, you get what we have now a rush to Technology that really is not totally perfected.
Next couple of weeks ought to be interesting.
I received an email from the FCA rep this morning. They are going to issue some sort of update on what's holding back the production of the ED, good or bad. He stated to me that they still have every intention of building the 2017 model EcoDiesel. Just thought I'd let you guys know anything I got while in the waiting process.

Thanks for the info.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
It's not going to take as much time as we think. Where it leaves the EcoDiesel I don't know. He did order a media blackout and a lot of other very beneficial prohibitions and things of that nature at the EPA, 2 pipeline executive orders, amongst other things. He's getting stuff rolling, love it or hate it

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Love it and I didn't vote or support him. Verdict isn't out yet I'm hopeful and supportive.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
This is the actual email I received minus my actual last name.

"Thanks for your note back Mr. ******, and my sincere apology for not responding. I just missed it, and have no good excuse for that. We still have every intention of building 2017 Model Eco-diesels, and are expecting an update later today. This will be the results from extensive testing done last week. Good or bad, I will make sure I update you later today when we receive the latest information. Once again, my apologies for lack of responsiveness."

I find it interesting the portion about extensive testing.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Extensive Testing..LOL.. Who are We.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
No offense to anyone contacting FCA, but put yourself in their shoes. They aren't going to tell you the truth, have you ever bought a vehicle? I assume so, I've yet to meet an honest car salesman, I guarantee that mentality runs to the top. If they say they have no idea and it doesn't look good, that's gonna strike a nerve and cause a lot of unwanted backlash at a time when they might know, but they're not going to say. I stand firm in hoping for the best, prepping for the worst, but just really taking a step back and waiting to see what happens.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
None taken. I didn't contact them they reached out to me as I said in the other thread I started. Like I said, just passing along what they are telling me.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
adaman7, I hope you didn't buy into anything said in that response...That's this generations hand holding comforts. When the background is deception and lies....

How much changes does it take to turn the truth into a lie? more loop hole mentality that's accept today.

lack of responsiveness.

I Here hear this stuff daily, My response is, I don't need comforting I need results, If you can't provide results I will find someone who can.

I would push dirt in a wheel borrow form here to Chicago for profit before I would deceive anyone on the platform that reaching out was on.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
The engine is a great platform especially for my uses. Their apathetic response is really sad.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Adaman7, X2 ,I just hope that person NOT the correspondent to the EPA Heeeeheeee

markgyver

Sep 9, 2016
Truck Year
On our FCA company website Friday, Sergio also mentioned the Minestry of transport in Germany has also claimed Fca has cheated on emissions,so its just not in the USA.Of course he said its not true and will defend it vigerously.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-fiat-chrysler-emissions-docum-idUSKCN1174O3

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-transport-minister-over-local-emission-probe

http://europe.autonews.com/article/...r-accused-by-germany-of-using-emissions-cheat

Now the US EPA is wrong also ... I tried to post that FCA was in Trouble in Europe and that owners needed to be prepare for that Same Here in the USA We'll we all know how the Mods handle that news 1500diesel.com... Here Boostn has allowed the truth to be spoken.

dbr2

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
Using a defeat software vs a software that actually complies to the thermal windows is two different things. I know Germany know wants to take the light off of them. Remember VW immediately admitted they did use defeating software and fell on their own sword. Again, make sure you check the facts, not the media display of factually incomplete information. The FCA does turn off the catalyst, but only when a regen cycle is beginning, that is not reported and is why you turn it off to protect temperatures.

I believe before you just show links for the Media reporting, check the facts do not believe everything you read in the media. These allegations maybe played out in the their legal system, as of today they have not taken that actions, we will see what comes of these allegations. The Germans may not like the way the FCA software works but it does meet the regulations. They state that the thermal window is being used with wide ranges of temperatures with many manufacturers, but yet they only comment on the FCA, because it piggy backs the EPA claims in the USA. I would agree with that premise of the allegations, but the facts are: there is no exact temperature that is a requirement by there emissions reg's. Every manufacturer knows what their systems will need to cycle and withstand and to keep their engines viable for years to come. That is allowed in the reg's.
If Germany wants to make those extremely loose allegations of these companies, they better lawyer up as the car companies and the EU will not bend to their unsupported allegations. The fact is Germany may need to clarify their standards to exact temps and usage of these engine protection software implantations. You can't hold a company accountable by saying that is not what we intended. If you want something followed, lay it out in your written policy and hold them accountable. Now with that said they would have to hold their own industry to the same exact standards, so wiggle room is built into their reg's. Did you see Germany say a thing about VW until it was exposed by a programmer hacking the system and the EPA/USA making the legal complaint, Germany is trying to apply double standards.

And yes I do agree that Boostn has allowed free exchange of ideas and thoughts, a great way to have dialog. I really do appreciate the free exchange with out hostility. I am not one to write on these sights, I usually just read observe and learn. I have to say I have written hear in the last couple of weeks more than I have written in 10 years anywhere else. So, thank you for letting me participate.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Dbr2 how many emission devices on the 3.0 VM have you defeated? I have defeated the EGR, the DEF , I have tried this on other vehicles and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree or worst.

I was in the process of DPF mutilations but with current events I'll wait it on that.

I don't believe everything I read either, Like I mentioned earlier if your just going to be blind,than BC you don't see the dark side of the moon mean it doesn't exists. So what's your explanation going to be when all this speculation give births to the truth and Facts? More denial?

Don't throw those agency info in with media hype.

dbr2

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
You assume that you are correct, I will respectfully agree to disagree. I have had to respond to the EPA and other state agencies over the years in the energy industry. I will just say the blind leading the blind does not make it right(EPA). The EPA is solely driven by ideology vs. the consumer. Go back the last 8 years and look at what and who they have attacked. I might add that they were over turned in almost every case in the legal system, but not until they drained the peoples assets. They should be held accountable for when the lose. They have destroyed peoples lives and livelihood. And, yet nothing for them, they have the funding from the government to destroy with will. It is a great powerful agency and should be used with discretion.

So, my non-trust of the EPA is from direct experience and from their recorded history. They should be an agency for the people not climate change, or as it used to be called global warming and that is still unsettled science. Can't prove global warming change the name to climate change, What a nice Name Tag. If you listen to all scientist and not just government paid ones you might at least have an open mind or opinion.

I have absolutely no trust or faith in the EPA, as of late they have always had a hidden agenda. Now, what about Colorado, and the EPA's destruction there. Who is held accountable, anybody fired, fined, jailed, brought to court. Double standard, they can cause a huge destruction of an eco system, people property and nothing, just Crickets.

So, you can hold them up as an agency you trust, Great, your opinion and I totally agree you have that right. To assume with out merit I am wrong is just wrong!

I would love to catch a cup of coffee with you and have a rash discussion, I believe we both would have great points to be made on a shared subject. l have to tell you talking and discussing would be so much easier than typing. Not to mention, I think when most people or face to face it is more calm exchange. Not always, you do have a few that are really intolerant, but I see that this sight has a great cross section of contributors.

If I am proven wrong, I will fall on my sword. With protest of course. LOL!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've been stab many times Myself, And I do agree they have power and agendas, I also tried hard to evaluate each cases, I know nothing about Colorado , So I won't comment, but I'm inclined to believe you.

I'm reserving My Judgments until the Facts are released on the 3.0 and final outcome, At this point unless some type of reversal happens the 3.0 is in trouble.

dbr2

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
TC Diesel,
You may be right, it is under extreme scrutiny. And Now Cummings is under fire.

http://fcauthority.com/2016/12/fiat-chrysler-cummins-named-in-another-class-action-diesel-lawsuit/
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2016/12/28/fca-diesel-lawsuit/95920250/

Two short articles that supports your thoughts on the 3.0L being under fire. But, to include Cummings, I guess deep pockets? I really want to see where the Cummings allegations go, if they stick and move forward, I suspect you may see Duramax and Powerstroke under the same scrutiny. As they all use the same type of emission control and procedures on how they code software to run the engine cycles and turning on and off components for regen or possible unsafe temperature levels. Yes, they all have different parameters, but they all have the same type of software producing the same type of safety timing cycles. Not defeating the emissions systems but cycling through as aloud by the Reg's.

I cannot support these articles as I cannot validate the claims as reported. There is some validity, you really have to find the government papers and actions taken to see what really is being submitted. So, my disclaimer, it is reported news only.

This aught to be an interesting year for the diesels.