• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EPA holding 2017 Diesels hostage

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've tampered with the 6.7 and no way are those accusation legit..... If you interrupt the EGR on the 2013+ 6.7 its throw codes and instantly go's limp.... You can restrict the gases... But You better know what your doing Or it will be a HG job in the near future, You also loose the EB.

Yes can delete the Cummins with ease , but that's Not what were talking about.

The 2007.5-10 6.7 allowed tampering with ease, but thats been settle with the EPA.

Last edited:

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'll second the fact that government agencies are wasteful and inefficient. This is especially true with federal agencies. I am a huge proponent of electric vehicles but the witch hunt with diesels is ridiculous. Also, any government agency that is found to be incorrect in their accusations of individuals or businesses should be held liable for any damages suffered as a result.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
The 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 diesel models should be available soon.

Earlier this month, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) was accused of using emissions cheating software on its 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engines found in the Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Now, FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne has said the automaker is working with both the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to not only get its 2017 model year diesels certified so they can go on sale, but also a possible fix for existing 2014-2016 diesel vehicles. The company has proposed fixing the engine calibrations by “simply re-flashing the ECU” with updated software.

SEE ALSO: Ram, Jeep 3.0L EcoDiesels Accused of Using Emissions Cheating Software

During a conference call related to the company’s financial performance last year, Marchionne confirmed FCA is “in the midst of a series of pretty intense discussions” with both EPA and CARB to certify the 2017 Ram 1500 and Grand Cherokee diesel models. The process of certifying those vehicles will also lead to approval of the software that will be used to update older vehicles.

Marchionne has been adamant that the automaker did not intentionally use defeat devices like Volkswagen did on its diesel vehicles.

[Source: Detroit Free Press]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I was able to find a suitable combustion analyzer NOx, IMO FCA will be found to have violated the requirements.... And regardless How Marchionne makes statements , the LAW is valid. The new Admin may change future requirements ease regulations ( I have No problem with that) BUT FCA sold Me 2015 Ecodiesel in good faith that it met ALL legal requirements, At this point is questionable. Hmmm the ability to not meet that standard Marchionne considers not to be intentional MY Rear...

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
So has FCA stop production of this truck ? How many are sitting at the manufactures site? what is next? We are are going into March,2017
What dose going to be released soon mean??????

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
So has FCA stop production of this truck ? How many are sitting at the manufactures site? what is next? We are are going into March,2017
What dose going to be released soon mean??????
Million dollar question....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I did a search on several, some came up Open status, and this is the paper work on 2 , I then did a locate and 0 in N/A.... I'm casting My lots on that 0 built and the paper work is just paper work, I even contacted the Shippers and they have No record of PU. If they were built, they are offsite stored. they are not on any open shippers lot.

Attachments

• ED orders..pdf
    678.7 KB · Views: 4

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I just wish that FCA built a truck that I did not have to worry about the engine blowing up, every time I plan on a trip, or get in it. I now have close to 15,000 miles on my eco diesel, knock on wood so far so good, I have taken it in to the dealer for some small stuff, but all in all its running good. I do like the truck, but!!! I want the mpg that was advertised and promised, when I bought the truck, and I do not like being deceived when I bring my truck in for service, and I receive a factory update that cuts my mpg down. I do feel this has happened to me. All this EPA enforcement going on, I feel is a result of FCA getting caught deceiving the little guy like me, and I do not like getting screwed. so FCA come and buy this truck that I do like, back from me. Get the EPA off your back, and get to work fixing why some guys are blowing up there engines. and costing them thousands of dollars and lots of time dealing with it..

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OAs will show a trend, its the only available option.

I like it also, I hope I don't get Myself in trouble for This... The Highest ranking rep (FCA) in our area was promoting our dealership image is FCAs, when 1 of the best salesman stood up and questioned FCA corp selling lies. The rep stated that this meeting was not to suppress anyone's actions, Justlucky You and I share the same standing, but it seems that many buy the lie and that why its selling.

If it was as simple Sego claims it would have been done and fix months ago.....FCA I like your products and do buy them But I'm done with Sergo's lies and deception...

FCA had better get going Ford is bringing the Ranger back and the F-150 Diesel will be here in late 2017 GM pushing the Canyon hard and the Market is being swallowed up , FCA has NO SUV to compete with GM<FORD< and others its looking ugly Sergo......

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
GM, Ford are in the same boat, as Ram when it comes to MPG, when it comes to driving it, unless you drive it 55. It has been that way for years, I will say this, the 1500 ECO diesel is among best MPG truck I have had in a very long time,

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
They had a very long time to fix issues while VW was going through the same things, either they thought they were gonna be ok or took a gamble and lost

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
GM, Ford are in the same boat, as Ram when it comes to MPG, when it comes to driving it, unless you drive it 55. It has been that way for years, I will say this, the 1500 ECO diesel is among best MPG truck I have had in a very long time,
That's not what TC is getting at, what he's getting at is the other manufacturers are making diesels now and you can bet when the new 1/2 ton powerstroke comes out it's going to meet emissions standards, FCA has failed its followers and potential customers, I would've never owned another FCA/Dodge/Ram or whatever you want to call them had it not been for the EcoDiesel, they're amazing little pickups, but this hiccup in the road isn't going to be good for them.
To the guy that's scared of it blowing up, you might as well take public transportation everywhere or start riding a bike cause everything mechanical can fail.

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Bobcat 67, I was commenting on justluck MPG statement, that all advertised MPG is just that, advertised, how manufactures get that is not how I drive, I cannot speak for other people, but when I am on the road, I can see most people do not drive the way manufactures got the advertised MPG,

Reactions: BJE

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I am sorry, I did not see it in the paper work or the advertisement that said I should drive 55 mph to expect good mpg, when I first put the truck on the road I was getting 29 to 30 mpg, and I was traveling 750 miles one way on I-95 going 70 to 75 mph maybe for a few minutes i was going 55 but not offten. now 9 months later and after two updates at the dealership, 23 to 24 mpg, I guess it is ok to advertise mpg to get me in the door to buy the truck, no one twisted my arm to buy it, the advertisements look so promising and I believed them i must have been the only one who did not understand, shame on me.. Plus I did want this diesel, but then after they have my money, someone tells me the claims for mpg was all BS and I should have never believed the advertisement. I understand now, Thanks how silly of me to not understand that mpg was only for marketing. the dealership they had no answer for me why the mpg is off its a anonymity.
. . As far as me worrying about it blowing up the engine, I have that covered, I am retired and not in a hurry to be anywhere , when i get there i get there. I have the 7 year 125,000 mile bumper to bumper Chrysler warranty, so when it stops, I will have it towed to the nearest dealership. Chrysler can give me $1000 trip interruption, and some sort of vehicle, so I can get on my way and I will pick it up on the way back .it is what it is! i was not looking for a debate here

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Justlucky ... No one questioning your Judgment.. and I see Your point...

Sergo (Sergio Marchionne) Is good at saving companies ,with all his cowbell honor appointments, But when it comes to maintaining and supporting them he's clueless, If he get interviewed it just more of what his mind perceives and build around that... Every Company Person (FCA) and Dealership Beg for a SUV to compete starting in 2011... 725HP Cars are NOT what sells in N/A , Ford and GM can't count all the Money they are making in that Market ,while FCA builds 725HP cars that sell 100 to 1 SUVs. The Jeep has it market but its 3-4K more then the Small SUVs for on-road use.

Now the ED nightmare that most likely going to cost Billions in losses, Sergo You want someone to fix this call Me up, I will turn FCA N/A around faster than Donald President Trump signs executive orders. Lee Iacocca ( although saved Chrysler in the 80s) made mistakes and So have you Sergo, I won't repeat them., Otherwise I will catch the rest on News networks.

justlucky

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Justlucky ... No one questioning your Judgment.. and I see Your point...

Sergo (Sergio Marchionne) Is good at saving companies ,with all his cowbell honor appointments, But when it comes to maintaining and supporting them he's clueless, If he get interviewed it just more of what his mind perceives and build around that... Every Company Person (FCA) and Dealership Beg for a SUV to compete starting in 2011... 725HP Cars are NOT what sells in N/A , Ford and GM can't count all the Money they are making in that Market ,while FCA builds 725HP cars that sell 100 to 1 SUVs. The Jeep has it market but its 3-4K more then the Small SUVs for on-road use.

Now the ED nightmare that most likely going to cost Billions in losses, Sergo You want someone to fix this call Me up, I will turn FCA N/A around faster than Donald President Trump signs executive orders. Lee Iacocca ( although saved Chrysler in the 80s) made mistakes and So have you Sergo, I won't repeat them., Otherwise I will catch the rest on News networks.
T.C I hope they give you the job! I have learned lots about my truck from this form and other forms, without guys like you to show your point in an easy to understand way helps me understand these trucks or I would be lost. I know I am getting off the form here now, but I just got all the parts to install the heater cord into my back bumper,

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/...ter-plug-installed-rear-bumper.html#post45242

I live in the south and it does not get real cold but when I went to Pennsylvania for the holidays, it was cold every day and I wished for this heater.to be working.

Without guys like you showing us the way I would have never thought of installing a heater to the back of the bumper. keep up the good work TC people are watching

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I would just stop worrying about it. Dealer opened up orders for the grand Cherokee ecodiesels today, rams are supposed to be following suit shortly, don't know what this means, but I wouldn't worry about anything until we know.

adaman7

May 7, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just trying to help out when I see something. Not necessarily worrying. It isn't good news per say. I wouldn't over analyze anything I say;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk