• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Factory spray in boxliner, what brand?

Waggie

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
Just curious if anyone knows what breed the spray in boxliner from the factory is? It kinda looks/feels like a LineX, but it seems pretty thin to be LineX. And doesn't have the same rubbery feel like a Rhino Liner. I'm mostly curious as to how it stands up to use? I had an el cheapo brand in a previous truck and it was worse than standing on ice if it got wet.

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
The dealer had my bed sprayed for me, and they did a great job. The bed has taken bricks, rocks, dirt with no issues. I am pleased. Not sure what brand on spray they used. Looks like the Rhino spray.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I had the Dealer spray Line X in my truck and very specifically made sure the prep was done. I have a friend who had a GMC dealer do his truck and they had an arrangement with the spray company to not do the prep to save on labor. By prep I mean the paint should be scuffed before sprayed to make sure it adheres correctly.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The dealer installed turbo liner in mine, no complaints yet.
I've not heard of that brand, how does it compare to line-x?

Line - X is my go to brand. I had one on my last truck and loved it.. had a much better texture and feel than Rhino Liner did.

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
ordered mine with spray in liner and it came with nothing, dealer said they take care of it and brought it to line- X so can't complain.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just curious if anyone knows what breed the spray in boxliner from the factory is? It kinda looks/feels like a LineX, but it seems pretty thin to be LineX. And doesn't have the same rubbery feel like a Rhino Liner. I'm mostly curious as to how it stands up to use? I had an el cheapo brand in a previous truck and it was worse than standing on ice if it got wet.

Waggie....the factory spray in liner, if your truck was built in MI, was done by a company called Ground Effects out of Windsor, ON.

Polyurea Spray Coating
GE1305_B.jpg

One of our newest and most exciting ventures: Spray-On Bedliners for the pick-up truck market using a special proprietary chemical process. This polyurea spray coating is applied robotically and manually to give our customers a robust bed protection system, offering both corrosion protection and abrasion resistance. And the durable textured finish helps to prevent load shift. This advanced bedliner system increases customer-perceived truck value while remaining environmentally friendly. Today we operate dedicated facilities for Chrysler's Ram truck (Warren, MI) and the Ford F-150 (Dearborn, MI and Kansas City, MO), as we expand into a growing market with endless possibilities.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Waggie....the factory spray in liner, if your truck was built in MI, was done by a company called Ground Effects out of Windsor, ON.

Polyurea Spray Coating
GE1305_B.jpg

One of our newest and most exciting ventures: Spray-On Bedliners for the pick-up truck market using a special proprietary chemical process. This polyurea spray coating is applied robotically and manually to give our customers a robust bed protection system, offering both corrosion protection and abrasion resistance. And the durable textured finish helps to prevent load shift. This advanced bedliner system increases customer-perceived truck value while remaining environmentally friendly. Today we operate dedicated facilities for Chrysler's Ram truck (Warren, MI) and the Ford F-150 (Dearborn, MI and Kansas City, MO), as we expand into a growing market with endless possibilities.
Holy shit I searched high and low and even fought with fca to try and get this information for re coating the tailgate I need. Low and behold you found factory match.

Truly thankful. By the way this bed liner is fantastic. We were considering skinning my tailgate instead of replacing it just for a way to maintain the same liner!

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I may be the sole Bullet Liner user here, and I love it. I am very tough on it and it is still flawless. Bullet was started by a co-designer of Line X, who left to start his own company using an improved material and process. One of the problems I have heard with Line X is that after awhile it blackwashes. You can wipe the chalky residue off with your hand. Bullet is supposed to be a much better product. It stays shiny (I think it has UV protectors in it) and it doesn't chalk up. With Bullet, you won't need those revitalizing sprays they sell for Line X and Rhino to keep them new looking.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Same goes for ultimate liners which is what is sprayed at the factory in Warren. It does not blackwash or get chalky. I know what you mean.

Every dealer will send you to line-x to Repair factory spray in and they are wrong to do so. But linex is cheaper. 75/tailgate. But there are many places around that spray ultimate liners high pressure system which is OE