• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA letter 2020

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for clarifying. I certainly misunderstood.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
Just received a letter from FCA acknowledging the lag after the aem update. It also said they updated the software in December 2019 to correct the issue. Wondering if anyone had the update done since then and if they still feel the acceleration issues all of us have?

For all that read this. I agree the letter was poorly written. Yesterday (1/17/2020) I spoke with an FCM person in the recall department. After several minutes of checking she informed me that the purpose of the letter was to alert us 2014-2016 owners that a second software upgrade has been developed (I guess to help prevent another lawsuit). She said that we will be notified by an official recall letter sometime in the near future. She couldn't give me a date certain.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
For all that read this. I agree the letter was poorly written. Yesterday (1/17/2020) I spoke with an FCM person in the recall department. After several minutes of checking she informed me that the purpose of the letter was to alert us 2014-2016 owners that a second software upgrade has been developed (I guess to help prevent another lawsuit). She said that we will be notified by an official recall letter sometime in the near future. She couldn't give me a date certain.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
I spoke with a person at FMC not FCM. Sorry for the mistake.

tomhouse

Jan 20, 2020
Truck Year
How do you get the "updated AEM that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board approved in December" that is mentioned in the FCA letter. Does anyone know?

tomhouse

Jan 20, 2020
Truck Year
Also, my truck lags and I've almost been in 3 accidents because of it. You think you have time to make a turn, and you don't because the truck won't accellerate much when it is cold. It never had this problem until after the AEM.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
Also, my truck lags and I've almost been in 3 accidents because of it. You think you have time to make a turn, and you don't because the truck won't accellerate much when it is cold. It never had this problem until after the AEM.

The letter from FCA was to alert 2014-2016 diesel owners that the first AEM caused hesitation and poorer fuel mileage and that a second update was approved by EPA. The eco-diesel owners will receive an official recall letter regarding the second update in the near future. No known date. I think Dodge is trying to minimize the chances of a class action suit following the first AEM.

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Got the latest update today I will let you know if it helped after cold start in the morning. P.S. Dealer knew nothing about it after much discussion and 2.5 hours finely got the new update. Said it wasn't in the system yet.

cmltx123

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
Got the latest update today I will let you know if it helped after cold start in the morning. P.S. Dealer knew nothing about it after much discussion and 2.5 hours finely got the new update. Said it wasn't in the system yet.
I'm interested in how you pursued this at the dealership. I've called multiple dealers in my area and none of them had any clue about this and said there wouldn't be anything they could do until they receive the patch. How did the dealership go about finding the software patch and how did they convince you that the patch actually addresses this particular issue and not something else altogether? Thanks!

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Just got the new update yesterday and it seems to have fixed the lag. Had to argue for over an hour to get them to do it. There computer didnt show a new update. Got them to hook it up and the update showed up. So far 2 MPG increase in MPG and no lag.

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Got the update Yesterday it wasn't in the system yet but they hooked my truck up and there it was. 2.5 hours later mileage is up and two cold starts and no lag. Best of Luck

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Just got my letter today... My AEM isn’t scheduled until the 25th... I am also expecting my new HDDS ECU in the mail tomorrow. Thinking of swapping the ECU for the week in between just to see the before and after performance of the STOCK vs HDDS then what the AEM vs HDDS. I’ve included my letter
How is your truck doing after the update?

georgetownsmith

Feb 1, 2020
Truck Year

Do you know what the PCM/TCM numbers are for the new update? I had the AEM done on 1/27 but guessing its the old version given the lag. My invoice shows updates to 68307635AI (from AC) and 51208927AJ (from AF) (on a 2014 Jeep, not a Ram).

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Do you know what the PCM/TCM numbers are for the new update? I had the AEM done on 1/27 but guessing its the old version given the lag. My invoice shows updates to 68307635AI (from AC) and 51208927AJ (from AF) (on a 2014 Jeep, not a Ram).
No I didn’t get any paperwork. I was told it was to new to invoice.

Flmjr22

Jul 17, 2016
Truck Year
Yesterday I took my 2016 EcoDiesel Ram to a dealer to get the update installed. Neither the service person nor the tech had any idea what the the FCA letter was talking about. I left sort of disappointed but on the drive home I noted that my Ram seemed much mor responsive to throttle inputs. This morning was it was a cold (for Phoenix) 36 degrees. My Ram was more responsive to the throttle than I can ever remember hot or cold. Line item on the invoice says: "Reprogram PCM with New Software (Old P/N: 68280881AO, New P/N: 68280881AP), LOP: 18-UO-71-50, Time : 0.2 hours." The old part number agrees with my invoice for the emissions fix back in June. While there I let the dealer take care of the Auto Park Functionality recall. I assume that it is automatic that the PCM is updated anytime the vehicle is hooked up to the computer.

For the sake of full disclosure, I retired from FCA way back in 2001 and I still get a monthly pension check from them.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I got the software update, New P/N 68280881AP, installed today. I had the same experience in terms of the dealer not having any idea about this but armed with the info from this forum I convinced them to hook it up and there it was. I can't imagine why FCA would delay rolling this out since there are near-miss accidents every day but then I can't understand why they would trot out the same deception that VW-Audi got whacked for either.
I will drive a few days and report back about performance.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
Also, the dealer still has no indication of when the EGR cooler might be showing up.

Stewart

Sep 4, 2019
Truck Year
I had the software update to improve the issues with the first update last Tuesday. So far, I have not noticed the cold start throttle lag yet. According to the dash readout, the mileage is pretty much holding the same as before Tuesday, fluctuating from the high 21s to the high 23s. Before the original update, it was more like low 23s to high 25s so I am still taking a hit there. I do plan to check my mileage the old fashioned way with a calculator because, given FCA's disappointing handling of this mess, I would not put it past them to tweak the readout to show better fuel economy. I have not towed anything yet so hopefully, that will be ok.

I can't understand why this software seems to be ready but customers and dealers have not been alerted by FCA.