• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Additives

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I use Lucas oil 95% of my fills. I just buy a quart or gallon and keep 2 single tank fills in my door and refill them as needed. I average about 500+ miles per tank so I don't need to fill the two in my driver door very frequently. (Factory funnel stays there as well)

bill-e

May 2, 2015
Truck Year
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

bear

Apr 13, 2016
Truck Year
So just bought a ecodiesel got 2000 miles on it. It is getting loader and starting to hear a growl in bottom or a rough

John Cakes

Feb 23, 2016
Truck Year
I have 4000 miles on my ECO , I absolutely love it . I have not heard any change in mine?

David Mosby

Jan 25, 2016
Truck Year
I use Power Service Diesel Kleen. It raises the cetane rating. They have one for cold weather and one for the rest of the time. It is $18 for 80oz at Amazon or Walmart. Use 8oz per fill up, so $1.80 is it...not bad for a lot of peace of mind. I have not seen a verifiable difference in mpg. But for cleaning the injectors and lubricity of the fuel pump, I think it is a very good investment. It seems to change the sound of the engine a bit too. Please respond what yours costs you and noticeable effects.

bear

Apr 13, 2016
Truck Year
So just bought a ecodiesel got 2000 miles on it. It is getting loader and starting to hear a growl in bottom or a rough
I had the same issue with my 2016 but i have 6000 on it dont seam to make a difference just has that growl in the lower end and starting to sound more like a diesel

Buggy-Bumpers

Feb 21, 2016
Truck Year
Pay closer attention after a fill up and that also depends on where you are getting your fuel from. If you get from different places then try to stay with one source for at least 2 fill ups in a row. This will tell you something about the quality of fuel you are getting. Also pay attention to your MGP's

Ramecodiesel3500

Jun 25, 2016
Truck Year
I use Amsoil Injector cleaner and do notice a significant MPG increase filling from the same source .Used all Amsoil in my previous 1999 Ram for 17 years with great results .

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I use Amsoil Injector cleaner and do notice a significant MPG increase filling from the same source .Used all Amsoil in my previous 1999 Ram for 17 years with great results .
Welcome to the forum!

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
There was a study done a few years ago on a bunch of additives and what they actually do for pickups, if I find the link I'll post it, definitely worth the read

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Fuel has improved to the point that todays additives just masked problems, There are new fuels on the market today that were NOT available when this study took place (2007) IMO todays commercially refined Biodiesel is still the BEST fuel for HPCR (High Pressure Common Rail) Diesels for lubricity.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76.../177728-lubricity-additive-study-results.html

Some of the fuel may have changed, I usually try to get Cenex Roadmaster when it's available. I also run either Schaeffers Soyshield or Carbon Treat with every tank full. I refrence this study because some additives that a lot of people like to run are not helpful and some are actually harmful.
I have a question for you though, what fuel has changed? All the standards/minimum specs I can find have stayed the same.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Biodiesel regulations and the additive package to support Bio fuels,and the open market to sell Bio products.
Tractor pullers are running Bio-Diesel 100% for the additional HP and lubricity. The tractor Puller blend is nasty if it gets on paint or polish surfaces it dulls the finish.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
TC Diesel,

You say, "There are new fuels on the market today that were NOT available when this study took place (2007)".

Other than more suppliers using ethanol what are these "new fuels"? From what I have studied, all diesel has federal regulations that must be met and suppliers generally do not exceed those regulations.

I'm interested in your facts to back up your claim that, " Fuel has improved to the point that todays additives just masked problems".

No doubt that gasoline and diesel fuels are very complex and controversial subjects. We may never be allowed to know all there is, but to make statements like you have made without some proof, only complicates reality. Hopefully you can enlighten us :)

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Biodiesel regulations and the additive package to support Bio fuels,and the open market to sell Bio products.
Tractor pullers are running Bio-Diesel 100% for the additional HP and lubricity. The tractor Puller blend is nasty if it gets on paint or polish surfaces it dulls the finish.

I know bio is popular in the pulling world, Roadmaster is 2% bio/soy enhanced, which is awesome. Beyond that I haven't found a lot of bio commercially available to the public

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What's that Fuel available on the west Cost FHE or something I can't think of the correct letters off the top of My head.
And many States have there own rules and Reg's on fuel.
All Need to meet the FED standard on ULSD.
http://www.performancefuels.com/product/

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
MN mandatory Biodiesel April 1 - Sept 31 yearly. so are I think 10 other states, Supplier can sell Biodiesel on the open market to anyone.. No laws to prohibit and some States have no laws or Reg's on selling / posting of Biodiesel fuels.