• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

has anyone had the problem of exhaust fumes entering the cab of truck on 2014 ecodiesel

carlosmarco

Oct 7, 2014
Truck Year
exshaust fumes entering the cab of truck on ecodiesel at first thought it was just it being new and the new burning off truck is now about 2months old and seems like its getting worse, talk to ram dealership and they say never heard of it doing that any have tried closeing the air vents form outside air and still get the smell help out there thanks

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
No problems here.. have the dealer check the exhaust clamps off the turbo. There has to be a seal leaking for broken for it to get in the cab like that.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
I agree with boostn, it has to be a loose gasket/seal/clamp that's allowing diesel to escape close under the hood.

carlosmarco

Oct 7, 2014
Truck Year
Yup took truck in mechanic says it's the turbo down pipe. Apparently 6 other trucks have this issue dealership states that there is no ETA on getting this down pipe in, so I called Chrysler and spoke with a parts rep to find out that pipe is on back order and is not being made as of yet and I am #6 in line. Go figure all this money on this truck to smell fumes welcome any suggestions out there thanks

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yup took truck in mechanic says it's the turbo down pipe. Apparently 6 other trucks have this issue dealership states that there is no ETA on getting this down pipe in, so I called Chrysler and spoke with a parts rep to find out that pipe is on back order and is not being made as of yet and I am #6 in line. Go figure all this money on this truck to smell fumes welcome any suggestions out there thanks

Is the connection just not good from the Turbo? Trying to figure out how it could be leaking. Curious to see what the problem was with the pipe.

kurtweimer

Jan 15, 2015
Truck Year
Mine is in the shop currently with the same issue. May be waiting a few more days on the part. Some are experiencing a "tear" where the turbo connects to the exhaust, for others the issue is improperly torqued bolts that are coming loose - both could be related if they are allowing play.

carlosmarco

Oct 7, 2014
Truck Year
Mine is in the shop currently with the same issue. May be waiting a few more days on the part. Some are experiencing a "tear" where the turbo connects to the exhaust, for others the issue is improperly torqued bolts that are coming loose - both could be related if they are allowing play.
Good luck on receiving your parts in a couple days parts for that issue are on backorder for me it's been almost three months waiting on parts I did received the turbo downpipe mechanics installed it come to find out that the C converter was also cracked and now I'm waiting on that backorder part to come in. If you haven't done so already call one 800 ram info and talk to Chrysler and have them open up a case number on your vehicle. leaving it up to the dealership will only have you waiting longer

kurtweimer

Jan 15, 2015
Truck Year
I already have a case number - and this is my third case number for exhaust issues, and my fourth service in total for exhaust/sensor issues. I have initiated a lemon law conversation with the dealer. I got a call from the case worker saying the part is being "expedited." Not sure if that means I'm going to get mine before someone else because they don't want me to go over the 30 days without a vehicle deal. Right now I'm at 17 days.

carlosmarco

Oct 7, 2014
Truck Year
Good luck to you I'm hoping to get mine out of the shop today. It looks like you may have some free oil changes coming your way make sure u hit them up for it.

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
@kurtweimer I think you make a nice case for the Lemon law. It could just be a bad one, of course these are nice trucks. Will you get another one perhaps or look at the new Nissan with Cummins?

kurtweimer

Jan 15, 2015
Truck Year
This is my 1st diesel, but my 4th dodge truck. I'd probably go back to a 5.7 gasoline 1500. Goodness knows I could trade in for the top trim level with the cash back from the diesel.

It's hit or miss because of it being a new manufacturing process - a new-to-Dodge diesel engine being fit into a new transaxle and all the pitfalls that unfortunately get worked out on the customer end. My gut tells me that majority of the check engine light issues that are exhaust related are probably due to this leakage at the turbo junction - the sensors are expecting a different level of pollutant and even a small leak before the sensor(s) can cause the system to burn/convert/catalyze improperly.

My biggest letdown has been the fuel mileage - when I drove it home I got 28 mpg driving 80mph! It's been downhill from there with highway miles around 22 and some city miles as low as 15... And it was the city mileage that was appealing to me - I could get a truck that would tow, and a commute that wasn't going to kill me like my 1500 and 2500 I've had in the past. Factor in 50% higher cost in diesel fuel over gasoline and it's just not performing smartly over the 5.7 for me - realizing that others are doing OK. I do have higher miles on my vehicle than a few of the posters at this point with 11,000, so perhaps other will have similar issues in time.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Either way Kurt, keep us updated on the situation. You're MPG numbers directly correlate with the DPF problems. If it's not burning efficiently or clean, it will hurt you. Perhaps another EcoDiesel would treat you better.

kurtweimer

Jan 15, 2015
Truck Year
Well folks, I'm on day 28 of my truck in the shop and still waiting on the turbo part. The sensor came in a week ago after waiting 3 weeks for that. This brings the total length of time I've been without my vehicle to 40 days. Nothing but the run-around from the case worker folks because they are not in a position to get good intel from the STAR folks.

kurtweimer

Jan 15, 2015
Truck Year
I just don't know. Not sure if I want to chance it. And the price of diesel is nearly $1 per gallon more than gasoline so it's cheaper to operate a 5.7.

ben

Feb 26, 2015
Truck Year
My started to smell today at traffic lights. smells like ammonia.. comes and goes.. any ideas? also my service engine light went on.. and correlation? it goes on time to time.. then goes off time to time, a week on, one moth off.