• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello to the forum

Derian

Jun 2, 2016
Truck Year
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and to be honest, almost didn't buy the ED after reading some horror stories here and elsewhere.

After renting a hemi powered version for a week, really liked the way the truck rides and handles, and figured I'd take a chance. Have had a 2016 for about 3 weeks. The only odd thing I noticed, don't know if normal or not, when decelerating and the engine hits about 1800 rpm and downshifts, there's kind of a tinny vibration noise, very slight, almost sounds like a ratchet. I crawled under the vehicle tapping this and that, and really couldn't find anything. Might be under the dash too. It is present when accelerating, but much less pronounced.

Anyone else notice such a noise?

Otherwise, this is my first diesel vehicle since my '81 Olds Cutlass 5.7 diesel and what an improvement. So quiet and powerful. Mileage creeping up, now 20.6 driving in very congested Los Angeles traffic.

thanks,

Joe (Joe was taken so had to use Derian, my grandson's name.)

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Congrats on your sweet new ride Joe. Not sure about the noise; mine probably makes noises too, but with the killer Alpine stereo cranked up, I don't notice it ;-)