• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MrHotSalsa

Dec 16, 2023
Truck Year
Thanks to whomever built this forum.
I'm new to this forum and all kind of forums, sorry, please be patient.
I've a 2014 1500 Ecodiesel BigHorn with a lot of issues, (one is a flickering on the dash whole thing dimms up and down when cold), latest issue is a leak in what seems to be the transmission (red oil drops) anyone having transmission issues?
Tried to check fluid level without success. Couldn't find a dipstick.

Attachments

• 20231216_160345.jpg
    20231216_160345.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome
The "lifetime" tranny is sealed, thus, no dipstick.
I haven't heard of tranny leaks. That's a pretty good leak. I would suspect the lines or maybe it's the cooler. Try to find the source.

MrHotSalsa

Dec 16, 2023
Truck Year
Welcome
The "lifetime" tranny is sealed, thus, no dipstick.
I haven't heard of tranny leaks. That's a pretty good leak. I would suspect the lines or maybe it's the cooler. Try to find the source.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply... after looking furthermore it is indeed a cooler leak... got it top up and going to see the diesel mechanic... will post an update...asap.

MrHotSalsa

Dec 16, 2023
Truck Year
Happy New Year Everyone!!!
I took the truck to a mechanic (Canadian tire) and their estimated price for repairs was $3500, it was to indeed replace water pump, disassemble and removal of AC lines (they are on the way), blah, blah, blah... without further ado... I traded it in after evaluating expenses and future mechanical issues... yes... I Quit.