• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sorry about your friends truck. I still like the truck. Just the dealer and Chrysler could handle it a lot better. I work out of that truck, just got to figure out what to do for a month. I think it'll be a task to pull a trailer with a Chrysler 200.

He did get a Hemi (1500) loaner in place of his rebel. I would push the dealer to give me a loaner of at least the same thing that's getting worked on.

JesseJames78

Jul 26, 2016
Truck Year
Just under 36000 miles on a 2015 outdoorsman. No major issues. I had a CEL around 10000 miles, dealership did a ecm flash. No issues since. I get around 20 mpg in town and 24 to 26 on the highway. It tows great, I am thinking about adding air bags to the rear. I pull a 28 foot bumper pull camper weighing around 7800 lbs. The truck has plenty of power to pull it at highway speeds and still gets 12 mpg driving up and down hills.

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
June 18 will be 5 months in shop . Almost 3 months since fire and not a damn word from Ram after repeated calls , letters and emails . Start lemon law process tomorrow . If thinking about Fiat Ram purchase think again .

Truck still in shop, parts not available . .Been over 5 months since injector blew apart causing fire . Parts have not been available?? March 24th date of fire . Today July 25 th.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Polecat I don't know were you live or made the sale of your ED,,,, No buy back?

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Bought from Ed Kirby Adventure Cars , Dalton ,GA. They are worthless crooks ! Towed by Ram to local dealership in Cleveland ,TN . Attorney is handling Lemon Law process ! Legal crap takes forever . Cockroaches at Ram trying to wear me down . The longer time they don't repair truck better for my case .

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Don't let Um wear you out......Stay on em...5 months that pathetic....

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Had my truck almost 6 months and 11500 miles loved it till last week. Low oil pressure light came on shut it off immediately. Called Chrysler they had it towed. Dealer didn't offer a loaner it was late and I could borrow a truck. Next day dealer told me they couldn't figure it out maybe sensor or oil pump, truck never once sounded funny. Day after that they tell me I need a new motor. Now they are going through Chrysler. Dealer told me they don't have enough tools to work on more than 1 ecodiesel at a time. Of course they have one tore down. Told me it would be at least 3 to 4 weeks before I might get my truck back. But they did loan me a dirty, empty, muddy Chrysler 200

I understand your frustration . I've driven a 200 since March 24th after injector blew in my Laramie with 4800miles. Still in shop as of today ,July 26 . Doing Lemon Law thing which could be another 45 days before gets to court . Loved the truck but will never purchase a FAC vehicle because of factory response to major issues .

MTT

Jun 29, 2016
Truck Year
So, I had just over 19,000 miles on our 2015 when the check engine light came on. Took it to dealer on May 23rd and they said a glow plug needed to be changed. Check engine light came back on during their test drive for the other glow plug. They tried to change it and they broke it off. I was originally told Chrysler was sending a new engine, then a new head, and finally they fessed up that they had to take it completely apart and extract the plug because Chrysler wouldn't approve it. They told me mine is the first ecodiesel that they have had any problems with and that most of the wait has been on ordering the tools to work on it (I find hard to believe...maybe waiting on Chrysler's approval for the new engine?).

Last night they told me it was done to come get it. My service rep said that both her and technician took lengthy test drives and everything was good. When I got into the truck for my test drive before I signed off, the inside smelled very strongly of oil (almost like hydraulic oil). About 10 minutes into the test drive, major exhaust started coming into the cab followed shortly by a check engine light. When I got back, the service rep said the code was for low rail pressure. So we wait longer....

I LOVE my truck otherwise. It is a nice ride, comfortable seats, awesome mpg even when towing a trailer, and it doesn't drive like a big truck. I am just hoping that once they get everything fixed that I don't have these major issues again. Kind of worried though since

So the saga continues. Got it back on July 1 just in time for a long weekend trip to Oklahoma. The AC would blow cold for a bit, then cool/warm for a bit. Four hours into our drive the engine started whining/whistling during any kind of acceleration. Called dealer when we got back said it would be over a week to get in. Two days later, truck went into safe mode & had to be towed. Water pump seized & belt was shredded. Dealer got that fixed and then all the glow plugs coded on the test drive. Changed out all the glow plugs, & coded again for all glow plugs. They changed the computer sensor/module twice & coded for all glow plugs again, so they changed all the glow plugs again. Dealer is at a loss on what else to do and finally got Chrysler to assign a master engineer. They are now looking into the wiring & harnesses.

Anyone else have any suggestions on what they else the dealer can try?

Last edited:

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
1200 miles on our 2016. So far since we've had it been in the shop for a CEL pertaining to low voltage and now it sits at the shop for a bad egr valve.

Darren

Aug 17, 2016
Truck Year
First time posting i just want to say that i have a 2014 ecodiesel with 68,000 miles and its been trouble free only been at the dealer for recalls and updates. I drive this truck harder than any vehicle I've ever owned i hear of all these problems people are having and i cant begin to believe it. My truck has never regenerated that i know of. People need to realize that diesels love to work so my advice to anyone having problems with there regen cycle DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome to the site.

FYI, your truck regenerates every 70-200miles +/- on the stock tune. It's just behind the scenes and requires no driver input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Darren

Aug 17, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the site.

FYI, your truck regenerates every 70-200miles +/- on the stock tune. It's just behind the scenes and requires no driver input.

Then why is everyone saying they get messages telling them dpf is at 80% or whatever %. I have never had anything on my truck telling me dpf % or telling me regen in process. Truck sounds the same and drives the same every day? I am running a racechip pro tuner,K&N air filter and i have deleted the muffler a week after i purchased this truck. The race chip does the same thing as blue spark which is basically raising fuel pressure. This has helped the truck considerable as far as passing other vehicles and the take off is unreal. The only problem is keeping tread on the tires and its not from spinning just hard acceleration you can feel them wanting to break loose from the torque of this little diesel engine (Im on my third set of tires).When i had the truck at the dealers for updates i was told however you are driving this keep doing the same. Im just saying that i think alot of people with problems are driving short trips and being considerate trying to get the best fuel economy they can.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Then why is everyone saying they get messages telling them dpf is at 80% or whatever %. I have never had anything on my truck telling me dpf % or telling me regen in process. Truck sounds the same and drives the same every day? I am running a racechip pro tuner,K&N air filter and i have deleted the muffler a week after i purchased this truck. The race chip does the same thing as blue spark which is basically raising fuel pressure. This has helped the truck considerable as far as passing other vehicles and the take off is unreal. The only problem is keeping tread on the tires and its not from spinning just hard acceleration you can feel them wanting to break loose from the torque of this little diesel engine (Im on my third set of tires).When i had the truck at the dealers for updates i was told however you are driving this keep doing the same. Im just saying that i think alot of people with problems are driving short trips and being considerate trying to get the best fuel economy they can.

It's likely that you drive freeway speeds enough that it gives the truck time to burn off on a regular schedule and never has to ask you to.
Some folks drive in the city a lot and never get to highway speeds for the DPF regen process to engage.. therefore the truck will tell them to drive to burn off as needed.

Welcome to the site!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
@ Darren

You may be right. But unless you've deleted and tuned out the emission system, I can assure you it's going on. Starts when DPF is around 66% full and it'll burn it down to around 9% . I've never gotten it to 80% either and that's the case more often then not. Lots of great info on how it works in here. Stick around.

Last edited:

Darren

Aug 17, 2016
Truck Year
@ Darren

You may be right. But unless you've deleted and tuned out the emission system, I can assure you it's going on. Starts when DPF is around 66% full and it'll burn it down to around 9% . I've never gotten it to 80% either and that's the case more often then not. Lots of great info on how it works in here. Stick around.

The only thing i have deleted is the muffler . I have never got any message of dpf % on my display and since the updates it is not using def like it was. I was having to fill every 3000 miles but last time was 7500 miles. Thanks for the welcoming guys.

JediLhota

Aug 17, 2016
3000km no problem....Getting 26-28 mpg sometimes 30mph depending on temperature of the day. Using shell premium deisel. Got a buddy how bags the shit out of his st eco deisel. ... no problems yet put he knows a couple rich farmers who don't plug in their eco deisels in the winter up here in Canada and they just start their trucks up with out warming them up....no problems either. Any body put a after market exhuast muffler yet? Difference in mileage and sound?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
3000km no problem....Getting 26-28 mpg sometimes 30mph depending on temperature of the day. Using shell premium deisel. Got a buddy how bags the shit out of his st eco deisel. ... no problems yet put he knows a couple rich farmers who don't plug in their eco deisels in the winter up here in Canada and they just start their trucks up with out warming them up....no problems either. Any body put a after market exhuast muffler yet? Difference in mileage and sound?

About the only way you'll get a noticeable exhaust difference is going to be removing the DPF and using a full exhaust replacement, and that requires tuning and will likely void your warranty (if you had to use it on the powertrain).

Steve altobello

Aug 10, 2016
Truck Year
image.jpeg Bought my 2016 big horn in march. Took it in April of 16 and they replaced both struts. Said they where installed wrong at factory. onkybother thing is my paint cracked by my antenna back in June and dealer said they won't fix it and it got denied at the body shop after they sent in pics of it. They said it wasn't craftsmanship defect but talking to the body shop guy he told me he sees it all the time on the ram trucks by the antenna. It's a weak spot in the body and the metal is very thin. Told RAM customer care about it and they can't do anything about it. Other then that truck has ran fine. Put a 6" lift kit with 35" tires on it and a cat back 3" exhaust system on it and haven't had problems. Averaged about 25 mpg before lift and tires and went down to 21mpg after. Towing I was getting around 20 with a 25' trailer with a F-250 on it.