• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Towing I was getting around 20 with a 25' trailer with a F-250 on it.
I hope you get some pretty memorable stares pulling an f250 with a half ton ram!

kwanjangnihm

Aug 19, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey guys!

New to site so I thought I would introduce myself! Name is Jeff and I live in central Florida.

A good friend just bought a new 2016 eco and loves it! No issues thus far!! (12,000 miles)

I was looking to purchase a new 2017 Eco-Diesel Ram in December, but was told recently that my current job is being eliminated in March 2017, so I am looking to purchase used 2014-2015 unit.

I should say "I was looking at a 2014 unit" until I started reading some of the horror stories on this forum.

If I pursue a used unit, what due diligence should I use to correctly buy a "solid running" truck, or, is it going to be a gamble no matter which one I buy? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Jeff

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hey guys!

New to site so I thought I would introduce myself! Name is Jeff and I live in central Florida.

A good friend just bought a new 2016 eco and loves it! No issues thus far!! (12,000 miles)

I was looking to purchase a new 2017 Eco-Diesel Ram in December, but was told recently that my current job is being eliminated in March 2017, so I am looking to purchase used 2014-2015 unit.

I should say "I was looking at a 2014 unit" until I started reading some of the horror stories on this forum.

If I pursue a used unit, what due diligence should I use to correctly buy a "solid running" truck, or, is it going to be a gamble no matter which one I buy? Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Jeff
What's your price point jeff? I'm considering getting out from under mine. Just had a second kid and the wife is going back to school October and probably not back to work so the payment is a bit too hefty with all of this going on.

Has about 32k with no issues it's a 15 pretty much loaded. I ordered it last spring

Brett Boyles

Feb 17, 2016
Truck Year
I have had mine 1.5 years, almost 23000 on it, about 15% of that towing small camper around Colorado and nearby states, plenty of mountain passes, LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! I often get an distrusting look by F150 EcoBoost owners when they try to brag about their 18mpg on highway ... and I chuckle ... then tell them that I can get that towing my camper ;) Seems there are people out there in disbelief that a full size truck can get the mpg this one does, now I am considering the GDE Hot Tune to try and get even better mpg. I have the 3.92 axle ratio, so I am not seeing quite the mpg others on this site have reported, but I can pretty consistently get 22 in town.

Great White

Jul 28, 2016
Truck Year
Hey guys!

Jeff

Over the past 8 years or so I have at some point owned a 2011 Jeep Wrangler, a 2013 Silverado, A 2014 f150 and now a 2016 Ram ecodiesel, with each new purchase I would also join a forum to gather information and meet people interested the same vehicle for what ever reason. All of the forums are full of horror stories on each vehicle from random blown engines to terrible transmission to electrical gremlins and squeaky interiors. Every single model from every single manufacturer has its problems. From the most reliable Honda to the push them home Mini Cooper someone will have an issue and it will pop up in every search engine on the Internet, people love to talk about bad news, but for some reason never want to share their happy moments as has been mentioned in other threads here. My advice to you find a truck you like have a history report ran on it even if you have to pay for it, if you see no red flags buy it and spend your time enjoying it and not worrying about someone else's bad apple. Life's too short to spend it in doubt. [emoji4]

Best wishes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
1600 miles. It spent the first 3 weeks of ownership in the shop for a low voltage CEL which turned out to be a loose connection at the pcm and then a CEL for something pertaining to the egr system. So far after 3 days no CEL's!!

Tow Happy

May 14, 2016
Truck Year
I have had my ED for 13 months and put 15k on it. About 2500 pulling a 6500lb travel trailer. I love the truck, mpg and the quiet, comfortable ride. There will be people who complain about every make of car on the planet, some legit. If you like it, enjoy it.

Troy

Jul 24, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2015 that has 5400 miles on it. I have no intentions of doing any mods. I took it on a 2000 mile trip a month ago ran it 70 to 75 and averaged 27 mpg. One tank was 29.85 mpg. I have sense had a few at 30 mpg. I really like the truck first oil change put the 5w-40 oil in it. I use amsoil in everything I own. This oil is the premium and meets all the new specs. First tank was 28.71 driving to work it's a 40 mile 1 way trip. I feel this is outstanding. I pulled a 7k travel trailer at one point in town I spun the tires it was a accident. I could not believe the power this thing has. It pulled it with ease I hope to get several Hundred thousand out my truck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2015 that has 5400 miles on it. I have no intentions of doing any mods. I took it on a 2000 mile trip a month ago ran it 70 to 75 and averaged 27 mpg. One tank was 29.85 mpg. I have sense had a few at 30 mpg. I really like the truck first oil change put the 5w-40 oil in it. I use amsoil in everything I own. This oil is the premium and meets all the new specs. First tank was 28.71 driving to work it's a 40 mile 1 way trip. I feel this is outstanding. I pulled a 7k travel trailer at one point in town I spun the tires it was a accident. I could not believe the power this thing has. It pulled it with ease I hope to get several Hundred thousand out my truck.

Welcome to the club Troy!

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Was in the dealer the other day for the oil update and transmission flashes, blower motor went out the day before I took it in, kind of sucked cause it was 100 degrees that day. 6,600 miles on the odometer when this happened

polecat

Feb 11, 2016
Truck Year
Received email offering Mopar items for sale . Agreed to purchase Mopar Tee shirt , Red with Large Lemon on back to match my Laramie !!
Lucifer has been back to shop 2 times . Last week opened storage under floor mat . About 2 inches of water . Rain water was draining from 3rd brake light . Past Saturday , Dec 10th tried filling tank for 6 hr trip to Graduation . Flap at filler tube would not go down for fuel filler nozzle . Called dealer which told me to use funnel . Had already tried large screw driver . Took to shop , tech found upper filler tube full of ice frozen solid . Have pic for any doubters . secondary flap is liquid tight and was holding rain run off . Night before in lower 20's so it froze solid . Wondering how much water has been let in tank because no cold temps until this month . The torture goes on .
Read on AOL this morning Ram # ! in problems , Fiat # 2 Chrysler , Dodge and Jeep all in worst 7 . Says a lot for Fiat .
After all previous problems ( most posted this site ) FCA offered 6k for settlement . Buy back declined . My counter is for more $ than offered + 6 months extended warranty . It has spent almost 7 months at dealer shop . Just rolled to 12 k. Dealer only offered 30 k to buy . Paid 44 k plus almost 15k for initial repairs @ 4800 miles . Diesel bug may have been caused from water running in tank by sitting on lot 7 months after build .

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Ugly that for sure. But The Day My 2013 , 2014 Rams 6.7 and 2015 ED arrived I purchased a $1.50 1.5" plumbing cap shave it down on to fit . No way was I allowing that cap less fill neck open.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Lucifer has been back to shop 2 times . Last week opened storage under floor mat . About 2 inches of water . Rain water was draining from 3rd brake light . Past Saturday , Dec 10th tried filling tank for 6 hr trip to Graduation . Flap at filler tube would not go down for fuel filler nozzle . Called dealer which told me to use funnel . Had already tried large screw driver . Took to shop , tech found upper filler tube full of ice frozen solid . Have pic for any doubters . secondary flap is liquid tight and was holding rain run off . Night before in lower 20's so it froze solid . Wondering how much water has been let in tank because no cold temps until this month . The torture goes on .
Read on AOL this morning Ram # ! in problems , Fiat # 2 Chrysler , Dodge and Jeep all in worst 7 . Says a lot for Fiat .
After all previous problems ( most posted this site ) FCA offered 6k for settlement . Buy back declined . My counter is for more $ than offered + 6 months extended warranty . It has spent almost 7 months at dealer shop . Just rolled to 12 k. Dealer only offered 30 k to buy . Paid 44 k plus almost 15k for initial repairs @ 4800 miles . Diesel bug may have been caused from water running in tank by sitting on lot 7 months after build .

It's crazy how some trucks are just bad news.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I have 10,500 miles on my 2016 Long Horn purchased in March. No problems so far. Very happy.
great to hear Barney! Love people that are happy with their ecodiesels! I had a blower motor issue right out of the box it seems, but have almost 20,000 trouble free miles thus far and couldn't be happier with the pickup overall.

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
Just passed 40k, all is great.
Just cleaned the EGR tube for the first time. Lots of soot, easy to clean it up.
Looking at the GDE this spring,
Took the family across the US with no issues.
Love this truck. Tires still look good, about 1/2 tread left in them .
Oil change coming up soon.
So far no issues.
Daily roller for me.