• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
62,000 miles on my 2014. No issues since the oil cooler replacement at 9000 miles.

Jan 20, 2017
Truck Year
I am looking at buying a used 2015 Ram1500 ecodiesel with around 20K miles on it.
It seems there have been many reported problems with this model - engine and transmission.
If I buy this truck used from a private party can i still buy an extended warranty and if so is it worth the paper it is written on?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I am looking at buying a used 2015 Ram1500 ecodiesel with around 20K miles on it.
It seems there have been many reported problems with this model - engine and transmission.
If I buy this truck used from a private party can i still buy an extended warranty and if so is it worth the paper it is written on?
Not sure about the Warranty, it's under factory Warranty still. I have a 2015 I've put 41,xxxmiles on it and it has only required general maintenance, tires, oil, oil and fuel Filters, differential fluids, lots of fuel and washer fluid. Can't ask much more than that of any vehicle.

Barney

Apr 5, 2016
Truck Year
I just turned 11,200 miles and I have been seeing the 80-100% exhaust filter regeneration fairly often. The last time it popped up I ignored it for a few short trips. On the drive I expected to clear it, the check engine light and throttle control icon came on. At the same time the exhaust filter message changed to 100% and said visit dealer. The dealer had to force/trick the truck into a regeneration. After that all was good again. I am afraid it will happen again in the future. Any one else experience this?

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
Barney, when you get the Regen message, are you also seeing a message to drive truck at highway speed to clean sys. You should be getting that, if not you may have a problem, if you are you just take it out and run it long enough to clean it. Check your owners manual and it will show you the messages you should be getting and how to correct.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I just turned 11,200 miles and I have been seeing the 80-100% exhaust filter regeneration fairly often. The last time it popped up I ignored it for a few short trips. On the drive I expected to clear it, the check engine light and throttle control icon came on. At the same time the exhaust filter message changed to 100% and said visit dealer. The dealer had to force/trick the truck into a regeneration. After that all was good again. I am afraid it will happen again in the future. Any one else experience this?
Barney I would suggest doing stand still regeneration's for you if you don't have the time to jump onto the highway, hold at 1800 or greater rpm's while parked and the truck will actively regenerate. It takes about 10 minutes but it beats going for a 30 min unnecessary drive. Anyways once it hits 80% or 90 Max I would make sure to complete the regeneration. That is extremely restricted. I experience it occasionally due to my particular climate and driving habits but I have always dealt accordingly without a Stealer trip

R0adking

Jan 20, 2017
Truck Year
2014 Ecodiesel with 56,000 miles. Catastrophic engine failure at 54,000. Just got it back after 4 weeks in the dealer's shop. Thankful for 100,000 mile warranty - they "repaired" it under warranty. It will be sold before 100,000 miles. Junk! Going to a real truck with a real truck engine - Duramax.

R0adking

Jan 20, 2017
Truck Year
Don't do it!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

I would wait until the dept of justice rules on The EPA findings, if the 3.0 does NOT go back into production the valve will diminish, and long term ownership repairs will increase 2-3 fold.

R0adking

Jan 20, 2017
Truck Year
I Have a 2015 Laramie with 9000 km on it only issue so far has been when it depowered 3 times and problem on message center was about electronic throttle needing to be serviced. Scary part of it depowering it did it in heavy traffic and luckily I was in the right lane and could get out of the way. Dodges answer was to put the winter front on. was ok until weather got warm and I removed the front. Had an issue again so going in for service asap. Love the truck otherwise as great fuel mileage and tows great.
Mine did the same thing over 4th of July weekend. I fdon't think it was a "cold" problem. Ram is full of excuses for a bad engine.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I would wait until the dept of justice rules on The EPA findings, if the 3.0 does NOT go back into production the valve will diminish, and long term ownership repairs will increase 2-3 fold.
I don't really want to agree or like this post, but it is very possibly the best advice you could get right now

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 Ecodiesel spun a rod bearing at 47,500 miles. The dealership had done all the oil changes. They put a brand new engine in without ME having to ask or demand anything. The experience was as good as it could be considering I lost an engine. They put me in a brand new Hemi for almost three weeks at no charge.I kept the truck for 8,000 more miles but my confidence in the Ecodiesel was lost so I traded it for a new Duramax. Back to my Duramax roots I guess you could say.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
My 2015 Ecodiesel spun a rod bearing at 47,500 miles. The dealership had done all the oil changes. They put a brand new engine in without ME having to ask or demand anything. The experience was as good as it could be considering I lost an engine. They put me in a brand new Hemi for almost three weeks at no charge.I kept the truck for 8,000 more miles but my confidence in the Ecodiesel was lost so I traded it for a new Duramax. Back to my Duramax roots I guess you could say.
Sorry to hear that Earl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
Mine was flawless .... until last week at 35,000 cam shaft broke into while in cruise control.
Anyone had any luck getting ram to give new engine?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It will be no problem FCA will replace it and cover it up , its 2-8 week wait.