• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
They don't want to give a new engine only rebuild. If an engine blows this soon it must a serious design flaw! They act like it's no big deal...... if it's no big deal they can pay it if for me!!!!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The 80+ members at the ram1500diesel.com that posted there engine puke all showed new created Motors, You need candidates to rebuild and when the 3.0 go's it rarely buildable, most of the time the entire rotating mass is in the bottom of the crank pan or ground. You don't have push rods to bend when the cams breaks or slips the Valves smack right into the pistons, its a train wreck after.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
42K with zero issues. Daily commuter, 7,000 lb camper-puller, family limo, junk & stuff hauler, this thing does it all in style! The only thing I hate about it is the payment!

ACPIII

Feb 9, 2017
Truck Year
42K with zero issues. Daily commuter, 7,000 lb camper-puller, family limo, junk & stuff hauler, this thing does it all in style! The only thing I hate about it is the payment!
Good for you, I was a proud popa too! in the blink of an eye and NO warning, the nightmare started.

GerthC

Feb 14, 2017
Truck Year
Just blew the rear main seal and trashed my engine on my 2015 eco-diesel. Anyone else had this issue? Zero issues prior to this all oil changes done at dealer. Driving 60mph oil pressure light came on idiot chimes then engine shut down. Oil covered entire underside all the way up the tailgate. I only have 38k miles on it.

Blackout

Feb 12, 2017
Truck Year
Just blew the rear main seal and trashed my engine on my 2015 eco-diesel. Anyone else had this issue? Zero issues prior to this all oil changes done at dealer. Driving 60mph oil pressure light came on idiot chimes then engine shut down. Oil covered entire underside all the way up the tailgate. I only have 38k miles on it.

Is 38k the magic number for the 2015?
I lost my engine last week, same mileage.
From what I read compared to my experience, I believe I joined the bearing failure club. Dealer hasn't confirmed yet tho

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
#glad I made it past that!

42k and counting '15

Keep us updated on dealer diagnosis?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
#glad I made it past that!

42k and counting '15

Keep us updated on dealer diagnosis?
shhhhhh, I'm at 35k on my '15....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've seen this happen up to 68K miles... Establish trend on OAs is the ONLY possible pre-warning. Just think on the ALL Pukers FCA replaced that may be Bought back after the Justice Dept ruling on the Clean air act litigation...

GerthC

Feb 14, 2017
Truck Year
Just spoke with dealership again. Guess there is an issue with the cam in the older (14,15) engines when they were forged. They have since fixed this defect. The cam blows apart causing the rear main to blow and dump all the oil and destroy the engine. Told me the new engine will not have the defect. Also told me they should be able to have the truck back to me in 2 weeks instead of 3. This is the second one he has seen do this and mileage on the other one was around 40k.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm calling Bogus, Show me the relationship of the Cams (4) and rear main.

Attachments

• ED 3.0 engone head Cams.jpg
    ED 3.0 engone head Cams.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 43

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
21000kms on my 2016 and noticed at -20c Temps and colder I would hear a slight occasional howl from what I thought was maybe a diff. Has dealer check it out and was told when I went back that my new transfer case was on order...really didn't expect that and I'm still using 4x4 with no issues and no noise when it's warm...I'm hoping they tell me what happened when it goes in to be changed otherwise I'm very happy with the truck so far

Bobby Lara

Feb 25, 2017
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!

I bought a 2014 used, no prior issues known. Its a canada origin crew cab. Came with 48500mi...ive put about 1500mi on it with no problems. I am very worried about problems coming up. Truck so far gets about 20mpg, seems low from what ive heard, it also idled very rough at first but with a ton of additives seems to run smooth now. Any tips for things to look for or have checked? The dealer i bought it from is no help and i do have a full warranty with it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
seen a dark grey, debadged EcoD with Ontario plates in my neck of the woods today, central Ohio. Off topic, but thought I'd throw that out there!

2015, 36k, no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
95,650 km on my 2014, running just fine only problem has been air suspension when temperature is below -15 C.
Need to hear more good news like this

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep.. its a Hero / Zero motor.