• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have 70,000 klm. on mine bought it with 20,000 klm. from dealership in Manitoba with no problems except the cab gets dusty as hell when going on gravel roads just as bad as driving a rusted out vehicle with rust through the floor boards made cheap as far as I am concerned changed shocks kept on bottoming out when hitting some dips on the road went with Bilstien shocks all around and now she rides nice should have kept my old GM way better quality

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
2014 Laramie Longhorn, 56k, 4x4 with rear air suspension and 2" lift front. No major problem - the DEF injector had to be replaced as it failed at 28k. Very pleased with truck. Was getting 27+ MPG in FL under no load. Changed OEM tires at 54k to Michelin 285/75/20 so my MPG dropped to 23;(. Does anyone have a tuner recommendation for our engine worth researching?
285/75 20?????

Capt Tim

May 7, 2017
Truck Year
Oops. My current ED tire size is LT285/65-R20, LR E. Michelin

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Oops. My current ED tire size is LT285/65-R20, LR E. Michelin
I was gonna say that's a mighty tall Tire for only a 2" leveling kit, I run the 275/65 there's almost any Tire you can imagine and it fits the factory setup. Beats the heck out of the passenger tires!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have 70,ooo klm. bought it with 20,000 and no problems with the truck but issues with dust coming in the cab and windows going down are shuttering to start which dealers give you the runaround then once your passed 60,000 klm, then they would fix it but it's not under warranty now for those things. I hate dishonest people I think most of them work at dealerships or are lawyers or politicians, anyways I guess I will fix it myself and get the parts at a wreckers don't want to buy parts at dealers.This is my way of getting even.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Just turned 25k on my 2015 ED Laramie 4x4 with 3.92 rear end, lifted on 285-75-20's BFG KO2s,...no problems, no errors, no codes,...getting 21 in town tops. Highway a little better, 23 or so.....Great truck...

JeffR87

Aug 20, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2016 with 16k miles. I've had had a few small but frustrating issues.
first thing drivers door whole mirror unit flopping around about to fall off. about 5k miles engine light comes on. Dealer says it's fine to drive as long as lights not flashing. Park it and it won't start, get it jump started. Take it to auto zone and get the code comes up particular matter sensor. Get it to dealer because it won't start again. They put new battery in and say that's the problem not sensor. Get home 100 miles away light comes back on and won't start. Take it to different dealer after dealing with dealer finally get fixed. Was the sensor. Then 4 backup sensors go bad shortly after. Then auto start quit working because of another engine light. After weeks total being at the shop off and on Now at 16k miles no more issues love the truck.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have a 2016 with 16k miles. I've had had a few small but frustrating issues.
first thing drivers door whole mirror unit flopping around about to fall off. about 5k miles engine light comes on. Dealer says it's fine to drive as long as lights not flashing. Park it and it won't start, get it jump started. Take it to auto zone and get the code comes up particular matter sensor. Get it to dealer because it won't start again. They put new battery in and say that's the problem not sensor. Get home 100 miles away light comes back on and won't start. Take it to different dealer after dealing with dealer finally get fixed. Was the sensor. Then 4 backup sensors go bad shortly after. Then auto start quit working because of another engine light. After weeks total being at the shop off and on Now at 16k miles no more issues love the truck.

Welcome @JeffR87 , we're glad to have you here with us.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
Barney I would suggest doing stand still regeneration's for you if you don't have the time to jump onto the highway, hold at 1800 or greater rpm's while parked and the truck will actively regenerate. It takes about 10 minutes but it beats going for a 30 min unnecessary drive. Anyways once it hits 80% or 90 Max I would make sure to complete the regeneration. That is extremely restricted. I experience it occasionally due to my particular climate and driving habits but I have always dealt accordingly without a Stealer trip
I have seen multiple posts about the regen cycle. I have never seen any lights, warnings, etc. in 19,500 miles of driving. Is there a certain place to look? I am wondering if I am okay due to 10-12 miles of Interstate driving when on my way to and from work 4x per week? By the way, 19,500 mi now and only problem was the check engine light while on a trip. Rocky Top in Tenn cleared the codes and re wrote the computer with the approved "no cheat code" software. Hoping my mileage doesn't suffer!

Last edited:

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have seen multiple posts about the regen cycle. I have never seen any lights, warnings, etc. in 19,500 miles of driving. Is there a certain place to look? I am wondering if I am okay due to 10-12 miles of Interstate driving when on my way to and from work 4x per week? By the way, 19,500 mi now and only problem was the check engine light while on a trip. Rocky Top in Tenn cleared the codes and re wrote the computer with the approved "no cheat code" software. Hoping my mileage doesn't suffer!
And you will probably never see it, but I work just a mile from home, so if I just run back and forth to work all week or two, errands right in town, tack on held time etc.. it can never complete the passive regeneration process.

It's not a problem or like anything is broken. It's just a dummy message to take it for a highway drive to clean out. I've got 54k on factory tune, there's nothing wrong with getting the regeneration message as long as you complete it.

It sounds like your commute, you will never see it.

By the way, what exactly is "no cheat code" software?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
No lights or messages = everything working as designed. Regens are happening behind the scenes as intended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Officer Hopps

Aug 31, 2017
Truck Year
2016 Ecodiesel 4x4. 34,000 miles. In the shop for the third time. 1st was a short In the wiring harness causing the cooling fan to cut out and overheat the truck. 2nd was the egr and egr cooler went out. Truck wouldn't get over 40. 3rd (in shop now) is truck looses all power, acts like no battery in the truck. Had to have it towed to the shop when it got there started just fine. They can't figure out what is causing it. This is my 3rd Dodge. Claimed my 2nd under lemon law. 2007 Ram 1500 kept slipping out of gear. Kinda starting to think I have horrible luck with Ram.

Chad Blair

Sep 3, 2017
Truck Year
I wanted to take a quick poll and ask how many miles do you have and if you have any problems?

I have 15000 miles but no problems. I'm happy with my ecodiesel so far!!
12,000 km's and had to get the egr cooler replaced.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I have 75,000 klm. and no problems yet but I have the GDE program in since 50, 000 klm. and I cleaned the egr tube and map sensor and mass sensor and feel that the GDE program is the way to go also I always put additives with every fill. My average fuel mileage is around 8 to 10 litres to 100 klm. about 27 to 33 miles to the gallon. This would be not towing anything and going about 65 to 70 miles per hour

Chad Blair

Sep 3, 2017
Truck Year
I have 75,000 klm. and no problems yet but I have the GDE program in since 50, 000 klm. and I cleaned the egr tube and map sensor and mass sensor and feel that the GDE program is the way to go also I always put additives with every fill. My average fuel mileage is around 8 to 10 litres to 100 klm. about 27 to 33 miles to the gallon. This would be not towing anything and going about 65 to 70 miles per hour
What do you add each fill?

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
anything that will lubricate the fuel pump and clean injectors like XP3 or Howe's Lubricator which I think keeps the egr tube clean and not caked with soot but I also run mostly hwy cause I live in the country

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
By the way, what exactly is "no cheat code" software?
EPA was suing FCA citing 8 codes or lines of code in the software and was accusing FCA of cheating to beat emissions testing (aka VW scam). They came to an agreement if FCA rewrote the software and eliminated the 8 questionable codes/lines of code, they could start selling ecoDiesels again. Hence, 2017s are selling again and we all will be re-flashed as we go in for service.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
I wonder if it's mandatory to bring it in to get re-flashed because my truck runs good and I don't want them to screw with it and erase my gde tune