• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles on your ecodiesel and have you had any problems?

jsholian

May 23, 2019
Truck Year
2016 Bighorn crew cab with 33k. Purchased about a year ago from a friend when it had 21k miles and the only issue I had was loss of coolant. Dealership replaced a hose under warranty and the problem reared it’s head on the next road trip. Back to the dealer and this time they replaced the EGR cooler still under warranty. No problems since. Just had the emissions work done on it today. Claim has been submitted and all documentation sent in online. Show me the money! 10 year extended warranty for all emissions related future work. Good to go. Fingers crossed because I love the truck.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
12 bucks for two LED bulbs and another 6 for resistors. I let the dealer do the 4 free oil changes and they have not seen it since!

Veefer99

Feb 7, 2019
Truck Year
3 years and 53000mi on this 2016 ED. leaking water pump replaced 8mnths ago and two weeks ago replaced leaking EGR cooler under extended warranty- coolant level was going down all the time with no external leak. Everything is fine now. 5 or 6 times engine light came on but never came back after clearing the code with OBD reader. At 75000 "Service throttle control " message came on , truck went into default mode and was very slow to accelerate like it was stuck in a 6th gear.....cleaned up dirty MAP sensor and cleared the message and it never came back and driving fine. So can't realy complain. At 100000km I still plan on doing a full EGR delete and stop that nonsense of getting exhaust gas back into intake and all possible problems associated with that.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I Currently have about 33K on a 2016 truck. So far I have not had any problems. But I did go and get the new approve emissions modification done at the dealer this past Friday. The truck has less throttle response and it seems like the transmission shifts at a higher RPM. Just like everyone else I wanted to get the $3078.00,that FCCA is offering if you get the recalls installed but if you do not need the money I would recommend to anyone not to have the new recalls performed on your truck. That would be recall V07which is an update to the transmission that will make the truck shift into drive if the door is open and the truck is moving forward .V08, this is when they flash the computer and edit the EPA update. If you have these recalls done you will HATE the way your truck drive.

littletexas

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hello members,
New to the forum. I have just under 18000 miles on my 2016 ecodiesel tradesman QC and have had o problems. Love my truck.

MOOSENGOOSE

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
2015 - with 260K first issue Service Electronic Throttle Control... Really bad part is Dealers don't have a clue!!

Cmanly

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
120,000. No problems major problems. Recent Internal EGR cooler leak $3,000 to replace

Cmanly

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
I Currently have about 33K on a 2016 truck. So far I have not had any problems. But I did go and get the new approve emissions modification done at the dealer this past Friday. The truck has less throttle response and it seems like the transmission shifts at a higher RPM. Just like everyone else I wanted to get the $3078.00,that FCCA is offering if you get the recalls installed but if you do not need the money I would recommend to anyone not to have the new recalls performed on your truck. That would be recall V07which is an update to the transmission that will make the truck shift into drive if the door is open and the truck is moving forward .V08, this is when they flash the computer and edit the EPA update. If you have these recalls done you will HATE the way your truck drive.
I just had the recalls performed. I haven’t driven it yet. Picking it up at the dealership tomorrow. I wish I would’ve read your post earlier. How do you apply for the FCCA incentive?

MOOSENGOOSE

May 28, 2019
Truck Year
10 year extended warranty for all emissions related future work and $3078.00 - is that only in the USA?
I took my truck in for the recall on the tranny shifter, was told the emissions recall is not yet available to the dealers in Canada??

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Update as posted previously low Coolant due to leak caused it to push a head gasket at 371k. (So keep it to the degas tank seam if you are losing coolant until you get it resolved) I chose to put in a new motor (cost to time & 24 month unlimited mileage warranty) Since then other than a load of dirty fuel no issues in 193k but I do have GDE engine & transmission tune.

Never had any transmission repairs and have been towing travel trailers & occasionally boats commercially since new. 564,000 miles.

Ram for life, GDE & some guy that goes by sofa king both with webpages & details have a post AEM tune that will make your truck engine & transmission work better than original let alone post AEM. Better power, mileage, oil that stays clean, turbo brake etc.

Cmanely, if when in the future EGR cooler goes bad again & outside of warranty a by comparison inexpensive EGR cooler delete kit and $50 tune update fixes that problem permanently. And takes some heat load off of your cooling system to boot.

Hope this helps some people. IMO this is a big part of what these forums are for. Really a great lil engine can’t wait till the 2nd generation hits the streets so the bearing failures stop.

Last edited:

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Barrie you can get a cone tip for a grease gun and grease your front wheel bearings by pumping it in your abs port. If memory serves me it takes like 18 pumps until it starts to come out the bottom then you are done.

One of my front wheel bearings were replaced at something like 50k only because the dealership striped one of the lugs on the bearing side. So one wheel bearing is original with 564k and the other has 500k. With enough lubrication they rarely go bad. BTW I only ever greased them once but you are filling the bottom of the shock tower so that should be a lifetime supply.

Twinsnb

May 31, 2019
Truck Year
I need a new engine on my Ram 2015 EcoDiesel with right at 42,000 miles on it.
I had it at the same Dealership where I purchased it, right about 10,000 miles and almost exactly 1 year to the date!

Both times they are saying "fuel contamination". Last year it was evidence by water in the fuel (which my water in fuel sensor never came on) and after stating that to them they changed to the story to sludge being present. It would not crank when it got to 1/4 tank of gas. Anyway they dropped the tank cleaned it out, changed the fuel filter and blew out some lines.

Back in February while driving it gave me some warnings to put it in park! So I did and it went into limp mode! I had about a 1/2 tank of gas. So didn't think it was that. Had it towed to the same Dealership, which they found "metal shavings" throughout the fuel system. Later the service advisor claimed to the FCA case manager that there was caked dirt on the fuel filter.
So stating it was due to "fuel contamination".

I requested a 2nd opinion from another Dealership, so I had it towed to another FCA Certified Dealership. They stated the same thing "metal shavings" throughout the fuel system and rusty fuel. Claiming yet again "fuel contamination" and not covered under warranty.

Filed a claim with my insurance, who denied the claim based on No evidence of "fuel contamination".

I asked both Dealerships for the fuel sample readout/printout which neither could produce. I wanted that before I could logically give them $15-20,000 for a new engine.

So I had the truck towed home today. It's a mess. It looks like they literally sprayed the inside with water! The battery is dead (which it wasn't) and in neutral. But oddly enough I have an empty tank of gas! Which I know was 1/2 full!

So my husband had read the code from the truck before I had it towed and he said it was giving him a code about the key fob and something about the electrical system.

Yesterday when I went to get my service ticket the 2 codes on the bill are; 1. p0001-00 and 2. p0562-00, we can't seem to find those codes and if anyone else with EcoDiesels have either.

The ticket also reads removed actg. and found melted and rust on the act. assy. engine is making a noise when cranking over.

Also claims (interesting) that my insurance adjuster supposedly left my key fob outside of the truck and rain got key fob! I contacted the insurance company's representative via email earlier today to have them verify the info. I haven't heard back from her yet.

I know it might seem stupidAF but it all seems a little too fishy to me.... Why don't I have gas? So I cannot obtain my own fuel sample?
Why is my battery dead? I mean the battery was perfect - yet more money I need to dish out!

Any insight would be gratefully appreciated!

MarzMiller

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
2014 ED with 112k miles on it. No issues to date. I hate this Emissions Recall, but truck still runs and drives, just more sluggish than before.

jcj1576

May 6, 2018
Truck Year
If you don't like the sluggishness get the GDE hot tune. It is a game changer. I got it and the trans tune and the first tank of fuel afterwards my average mpg went up from 22.1 over the last 13k miles to 27.3. In fact, on a 75 mile trip one way at 60 and 70mph I averaged 29.7.