• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Many People Are Buying 2020, EcoDiesel .

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
The estimated failure rate by 100,000 miles has jumped from 4 percent to 10? Sounds like the size of the fish my buddy caught. Lot of recent Hemis have been rounding cams. Poke it in your search engine. Life is a crapshoot. At least we got a 100k warranty or 60k with the Hemi/Pentastar.

575,000 miles on my truck now transporting TTs. Kind of hope to turn the 1 million mark. But I think another 425,000 is a lot to hope for motor trans truck in general. By then The new ED, 3.0 Duramax and new cgi block Cummins will have some experience and come down on price.
What brand and grade of oil are you using, and WHAT are you doing different from everyone els .

petebrom

Jun 10, 2019
Truck Year
What do you think the chances would be if I were to extend my warranty on my 2015 Ecodiesel - then suffer a blown engine - is it possible that they would replace the engine with 2nd Gen. Ecodiesel? Or am I myself blowing smoke!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Unless you are using your truck for a business of some sort (or made of money) it doesn't seen realistic to just go buy a new $40000 to $70000 truck. I bought mine for (supposed) diesel longevity and plan on keeping for as long as possible. At 40,000 miles I appear to be entering the danger zone where lots of ED's start having problems. Gonna watch it under the hood, change oil and filters about 7500 miles with Oil analysis. If, when I receive the flash update I notice a real negative impact then I will consider a tune and see what happens.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
What do you think the chances would be if I were to extend my warranty on my 2015 Ecodiesel - then suffer a blown engine - is it possible that they would replace the engine with 2nd Gen. Ecodiesel? Or am I myself blowing smoke!
If it was only that easy, LOL

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Unless you are using your truck for a business of some sort (or made of money) it doesn't seen realistic to just go buy a new $40000 to $70000 truck. I bought mine for (supposed) diesel longevity and plan on keeping for as long as possible. At 40,000 miles I appear to be entering the danger zone where lots of ED's start having problems. Gonna watch it under the hood, change oil and filters about 7500 miles with Oil analysis. If, when I receive the flash update I notice a real negative impact then I will consider a tune and see what happens.
I got the new AME update recall on my truck about three weeks ago, it changed the whole drivability of the truck. It shifts at higher RPM and gets terrible gas mileage. The best I’ve got on the highway is 25 miles per gallon. Not the truck I bought originally. I plan to buy the new get a GDE engine tune and a trans tune.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I opted to wait and see what the New 3.0 has to offer. This is My Email to FCA rep on the 2019 Hemi 5.7 limited Vs 2015 Laramie Loaded VM 3.0.
Before you read the comment I bleed Diesel fuel.

Yep, Yesterday I took the Pulling Motor I have at the Shop in Blaine to Marshfield WI Shop 190 miles, It’s a Deck Plate V-8 Duramax dressed as it was weights 1250LBS, The truck handle the engine better than the 2015, and MPG 18.2 HC at speeds of 70/75MPH the trip Back 70/75 20.8MPG. I put 450 miles city/hwy and pulling My empty Trailers at 5000LBS 13.2 AVG MPG HC, My Eco was 15.7MPG same driving/Pulling. My Eco did get 30MPG driving 65MPH a couple of times, But when you hit 70MPG 24-26MPG with 3.92 Gearing.

Add the price of GAS VS Diesel you will need to drive 40K miles per year just to break even in 4 Years for the additional 3K 3.0 Vs 5.7 …and if the 3.0 Needs repairs ( Your $%&^&$) after the warranty you will be upside down owning ½ ton 3.0 Diesel in DD family use.

I will wait to see if Fiat gets the QC under control at Cento Italy, in a couple of years and revisit owning one 3.0 , In the mean time I may try the GM Duramax ½ ton it’s made in OH and looks promising…I don’t own Fords.

Diesel’s have their Place cruising at HWY speeds and pulling ,it suffers in DD use.

Now that the Eco gone I’ve never been More happy with My FCA Products. I hope it stays that way.

Like always Stay in touch.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
What brand and grade of oil are you using, and WHAT are you doing different from everyone els .

I just use Rotella T6 10k rated oil filter & change it every 10k. GDE full delete tune, change factory fuel filter every 30k. Watch your degas tank keep it full if the EGR cooler etc develops a leak don’t let the degas tank get low before you get the leak resolved as that’s likely what led to mine pushing the head gasket.

The system keeps getting lower even though the degas bottle doesn’t causing hot spots pressure lubrication issues with the water pump.

Mine daily gets to full operating temp for hours so condensation & diesel gets evaporated from the oil. Also no regens to flood the diesel through the motor. Truck get worked hard but not abused. Seems the guys who baby them and never work them have the worst luck.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I just use Rotella T6 10k rated oil filter & change it every 10k. GDE full delete tune, change factory fuel filter every 30k. Watch your degas tank keep it full if the EGR cooler etc develops a leak don’t let the degas tank get low before you get the leak resolved as that’s likely what led to mine pushing the head gasket.

The system keeps getting lower even though the degas bottle doesn’t causing hot spots pressure lubrication issues with the water pump.

Mine daily gets to full operating temp for hours so condensation & diesel gets evaporated from the oil. Also no regens to flood the diesel through the motor. Truck get worked hard but not abused. Seems the guys who baby them and never work them have the worst luck.
Did you notice a difference in your truck when you installed the GDE ? Also have you gotten the AME recall update from the dealer if so how did it make you truck drive. I got the VO8, recall( AME ) done on my truck about three weeks ago, the recall changed the shift patten of the truck.The truck will not shift out until
About 2500 rpm before it shifts gears. Last question, do you have the trans tune from GDE on your truck.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
The estimated failure rate by 100,000 miles has jumped from 4 percent to 10? Sounds like the size of the fish my buddy caught. Lot of recent Hemis have been rounding cams. Poke it in your search engine. Life is a crapshoot. At least we got a 100k warranty or 60k with the Hemi/Pentastar.

575,000 miles on my truck now transporting TTs. Kind of hope to turn the 1 million mark. But I think another 425,000 is a lot to hope for motor trans truck in general. By then The new ED, 3.0 Duramax and new cgi block Cummins will have some experience and come down on price.
You said that you were using Shell Rotella T6 in your truck, I decided to try Amsoil diesel engine oil. So far so good I’ve been getting great results with it. And I run a oem oil filter. I plan to get a GDE Engine and trans tune on down the road.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Yes when I installed the tune I noticed many differences; Oil stays clean or didn’t get dark to about 7,500 miles, bump in power bump in mileage, dramatically better cruise control especially towing, the turbo brake rocks, stopped getting orange lights on my dash for stupid lil trivial stuff.

I have not gotten the AEM. Yes I have ECM & trans tunes. Worth it to me. I use the better 10k rated Ecoguard oil filter but only the Mopar fuel & water separator filter. Critically important if you ever got contaminated and damaging fuel for warranty purposes. Amsoil is good stuff. T6 is just reasonably priced & readily available for a full synthetic and Ram approved. I used the Pensoil Euro L for the first 170,000 miles no issues then switched to T6 and have run it since.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Yes when I installed the tune I noticed many differences; Oil stays clean or didn’t get dark to about 7,500 miles, bump in power bump in mileage, dramatically better cruise control especially towing, the turbo brake rocks, stopped getting orange lights on my dash for stupid lil trivial stuff.

I have not gotten the AEM. Yes I have ECM & trans tunes. Worth it to me. I use the better 10k rated Ecoguard oil filter but only the Mopar fuel & water separator filter. Critically important if you ever got contaminated and damaging fuel for warranty purposes. Amsoil is good stuff. T6 is just reasonably priced & readily available for a full synthetic and Ram approved. I used the Pensoil Euro L for the first 170,000 miles no issues then switched to T6 and have run it since.
Thanks a lot I really appreciate all that information.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Have you gotten the new AEM update ? If you have gotten the update have you gotten GDE tune or any other tune yet.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Have you gotten the new AEM update ? If you have gotten the update have you gotten GDE tune or any other tune yet.
No, I have submitted my paperwork for approval and the Track Eco Claim says "documents pending". After it is approved I will schedule the flash and move forward from there. Fortunately I will not need to wait for the check if I decide to do a tune.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
No, I have submitted my paperwork for approval and the Track Eco Claim says "documents pending". After it is approved I will schedule the flash and move forward from there. Fortunately I will not need to wait for the check if I decide to do a tune.
Can you post your likes and dislikes after you get your tune.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

It may stay pending until they receive conformation that the AEM was performed and installed, what the site says and they do seem to differ.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I paid 40k for my new 2016 Eco. Last week I found a dealer that would give me 30K for it on trade for a new 1500 Hemi. When I factor in the $3100 settlement money, it cost me $6900 to own the Eco for 3 years.

Thats not bad at all. So I decided I was done rolling the dice with the Eco. As of last week I am a very happy 2019 1500 Hemi owner. The big Ram sale at the same time as the Eco settlement money proved too be the perfect storm to unload that toxic property. Back to sleeping easy at night.