• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Howdy? Has anyone received compensation from FCA due to the emissions issue?

JJQ

Jul 21, 2019
Truck Year
Just got an email from FCA . They are saying that I've never sent in paper work on settlement I mailed it in Notarized months ago These people plain SUCK I will never buy FCA or ram again and tell everyone I can how much they suck

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
We were told our check was mailed on November 18 and its now November 30th and havent seen it...I called and they stated it can take up to 6 weeks to receive it ....I asked them were in the world was it mailed from out of the country.....
Still waiting filed the claim in July called them this month and what they told me in my case since we wanted the full amount and extension was given to the previous owner and would be additional 8 weeks now there is a another recall for possible fire hazard it wasn’t enough for the damn truck spent two months for the last recall and with no compensation I am not to trusting for FCA at this point they already screwed me with a lemon I don’t have a whole lot confidence at this point I may be better off letting the damn thing catch on fire 😡🤬it’s the last dodge product that I will ever buy and u use to be a lifer no more !!!! There’s a reason why they haven’t offered another Diesel there product is shit!!!

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
Update: I called today and was told since I asked for the full amount that it could take up to an additional 3 months but if I choose to take a partial payment I would only have to wait additional 6 weeks I think I need to file a complaint to the procuters on this lawsuit - now where in the paperwork does it say I would have to wait longer than 6 weeks oh by the way everything was confirmed and finalized September 21st I think I need to track down the prosecutor attorney on this lawsuit to file a complaint would anyone have this info?

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
My claim was finalized sept 21 2019 called today and was told it would take additional 3months since we chose the full amount b/c we are not the original owners Chrysler is using the excuse not to pay. I was told if I choose to change for a partial payment I can but it would take an additional 6 weeks ....anyone have the contact for the procecutor attorneys of this lawsuit? I would like to file a complaint

Brenda262

Oct 4, 2019
Truck Year
We were told our check was mailed on November 18 and its now November 30th and havent seen it...I called and they stated it can take up to 6 weeks to receive it ....I asked them were in the world was it mailed from out of the country.....
I think we all should be filing a complaint!!!

Zortman

Dec 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not yet, I did receive the settlement offer and release (via email) on December 17 - which needs to be signed and returned. This was after additional information was needed to finalize the claim (better copies of drivers licenses and a current vehicle registration). At that point I was considering a response that I changed my mind about the financial settlement and am requesting an authorization to remove the AEM - restore the truck to its previous performance. Looking over the settlement a certain majority (I think 80%) of the owners must take the settlement or the fine goes up to about double of what the settlement is per vehicle.

Zortman

Dec 5, 2019
Truck Year
For those of you who have not heard anything from the settlement, I sent my claim information in through the snail mail - in May. After not hearing anything for a couple months after the AEM was completed (my dealer told me I should get a notification from the settlement people) I called the number on the website. After waiting for a long time to talk to a person, I was told my application was still sitting in the unprocessed pile - as if it had not even been opened. And that I needed to request it be transmitted to processing. That was my first clue it was not going to be a very easy process to get the settlement money. Now about 5 months later, I finally get the offer and release. Still on the fence regarding signing it. I want my old truck back!!! not this dog

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
I think I'm with the others on this is my last FCA vehicle. I sent my rebate form in last May. Finally got a hold of someone in October and ask what the hold up is. Oh you need to send it in over the internet. We are too busy to get to the mailed in ones. Now since October its been pending. Around Thanksgiving, it said an offer had been sent out. However no offer has shown up and they will not answer any emails. Now the next series of uh oh we don't have a clue on how to do things. I have a major recall on the engine might melt down and FCA doesn't have a clue on how to fix it. I cannot trade it due to the major recall. I'm going to end up spending another grand on tires due to I still have to have a usable vehicle. The truck has had 10 recalls so far. I think I need to find a company that test their trucks before releasing them. Does anyone have a telephone number for the rebate center? When they "Extend the offer" the chat line box disappears.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I filed my claim with FCA about 4/1/19 after I had the EcoDiesel Software updated by the Dodge/Jeep dealership, then submitted the form online and received a check about a month later. Check about $3,075. There are steps you have to take before check is issued, if you have been waiting 6 months, something is not right. You should receive a check within 30-45 days max

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
I think I'm with the others on this is my last FCA vehicle. I sent my rebate form in last May. Finally got a hold of someone in October and ask what the hold up is. Oh you need to send it in over the internet. We are too busy to get to the mailed in ones. Now since October its been pending. Around Thanksgiving, it said an offer had been sent out. However no offer has shown up and they will not answer any emails. Now the next series of uh oh we don't have a clue on how to do things. I have a major recall on the engine might melt down and FCA doesn't have a clue on how to fix it. I cannot trade it due to the major recall. I'm going to end up spending another grand on tires due to I still have to have a usable vehicle. The truck has had 10 recalls so far. I think I need to find a company that test their trucks before releasing them. Does anyone have a telephone number for the rebate center? When they "Extend the offer" the chat line box disappears.
1-833-280-4748 Claim hotline number

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
I got my partial payment back in September. Had to fight them tooth nail and claw over it the whole time. There is a listing for the law firm that handles the suit some where in all the paper work they show online. I contacted them for some assistance and were more than happy to help. Even though the website will say the check is in the mail it just basically means they have sent the info to the 3rd party who issues the check and that 3rd party batches them out rather than one at a time. Which the non-help desk people at Chrysler have no idea what is going on with it once they send it to the 3rd party. I am still waiting on the rest of my payment since the extended the deadline for the 3rd or 4th time. I did buy the truck used but know for a fact that the previous owner filed no claim I know him personally. Last they said that if and only if i was due any more monies I would be contacted sometimes maybe in February. In the meantime I’ve traded the truck and life is better much better without it. I suggest finding the law firm contact that is listed for free legal help in the suit which is on the website

hunter2016

Jan 30, 2019
Truck Year
Sent mine in June, all the paper work filed and they keep saying the offer letter was not signed which it was, the other letter signed and notarized and a copy of the repair sent. Sent this by UPS and then three times by email responding to their replies. The only thing that was not signed was the co-applicant form so just sent them a reply last week asking if this was the issue and telling them that I am the sole owner (no one else on the title), still own it (original purchaser), and it has never been registered in any other name but mine. Six months and counting and it appears either they have very poor people trained on the process or a stalling technique. Now I see we have one on the egr which I had replaced a year-ago. I like the engine but I think it may be time to buy the defeat kit, I have 110,000 miles on it and could care less about the pollution issue if they can not get it right (all these issue seem to revolve around that) - fortunately no emission check in my state.

Bruski

Dec 25, 2017
Truck Year
Has anyone received the $3K refund from FCA for emissions issue
Received $2460 last July. The original owner deadline was moved to the end of November so I called yesterday to inquire about the balance (or find out if the Orig. owner had claimed anything) and she was non-committal, stating they would notify me if/when I was getting any more money. I'll call again in another few weeks (squeaky wheel syndrome) as I've found that there are some people there that will do more than give you a boilerplate answer. I used a good portion of the original funds for the GDE ECU & TCU tunes and I kept my old ECU for dealer visits.

Bruski

Dec 25, 2017
Truck Year
Had the work done but didn't get anything from them to file . Is there paperwork online to pull up?

The dealer who installed the AEM should file the paperwork with the Claims group. You should verify with the dealer and they can also provide you with proof (mine did.)

mykee50

Jul 1, 2017
Truck Year
Hello, I sent my paperwork in last spring. I got and email a couple of months later from FCA asking me to do it online so it will be quicker, stating they had a 3 month backlog of mail requests. I did, and they said I was entitled to $990 since I don't own the truck anymore. I bought it with 10K miles, totaled it 10 months later in 2017, and the insurance company paid off in full. I didn't quibble and received the $990 check a couple weeks ago.

After reading through these posts it looks like they may send MORE money later on if nobody else in the ownership line (original owner, also Farmer's Ins.) claims anything. Am I reading that right?

Thanks, Mike, Issaquah, WA
2016 Ram Laramie 1500

Eneg

Nov 12, 2018
Truck Year
I had no problems. Took about a week longer than they said but I got mine. Does everyone know the whole procedure? The dealer flashes the ECM, they then place a tag under the hood stating the ECM has been updated. They then HAVE to take a picture of the tag plus their bill for the update and the dealer has to send this to FCA. FCA MUST get your form AND the dealers form for them to issue the check. You may have to back track to the dealer to ensure they did their part properly or your form is worth nothing.

Bruski

Dec 25, 2017
Truck Year
Just got 2460 last wk. Holding back the 900, until fca has no other claim ? For how long i wonder

The cutoff for original owners has passed (end of Nov.) but I called yesterday to check if/when I might see the additional $600 + and they weren't very helpful. I'll keep calling until I get another check or until someone can tell me I'm not getting one. It's $600 more that you may receive, not $900. The $900 figure is what original owners can receive if they file a claim.