• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Howdy? Has anyone received compensation from FCA due to the emissions issue?

CCott

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
Yes I had the fuel rail change via the settlement back in June 2019. Check came within 3 weeks of submitting the repair invoices and paperwork to the settlement site. I purchased this new and still own it so received the full $3075.
Side note: I had my ambient temperature sensor go bad. This sensor tells you the outside temperature. It also provides the temperature for several of your trucks compenents. DEF system will fault if the temp sensor is not correct or non-working.

ecowiesel

Dec 7, 2018
Truck Year
Has anyone received the $3K refund from FCA for emissions issue
Merry Xmas. Received mine about two months ago. Thousand Oaks, CA. I'll be selling this vehicle before the extended warranty runs dry for sure.

Trailboss

May 21, 2019
Truck Year
I got mine a month ago. I called FCA and they checked to see if I had the flash done. I received my check about 10 days later. Bought AMP running boards and new tool box with the cash.

Yogi5676

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
I recieved an email stating they recieved my claim but have no record of the update. I scanned in the invoice of the AEM update and emailed back. Keep your fingers crossed.

MXDPA

Aug 16, 2017
Truck Year
GDE and many others have been shut down by the EPA. That's why it says sold out.
I had the mod done and I don't see much if anything wrong. It's a little more laggy but not bad at all. maybe I got used to it but I have 119K on mine so I do drive a bunch. No check as yet but according to the website my claim was approved. They certainly are dragging their feet.

MXDPA

Aug 16, 2017
Truck Year
I received this in an e-mail this morning from GDE:

The EPA shut us down 3 months ago. See below:
We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative and ask them to reign in the EPA if you ever want the GDE tune. The EPA is using statute CAA 42 USC 7522 (a)(3) (A-B) to go after the after-market auto industry. We feel this rule should only cover large auto manufacturers, not older vehicles in the field.
Sorry for the issues. If your vehicle is registered in a different country, let us know as rules are different outside the US.

GDE

Lilli

Nov 1, 2019
Truck Year
I keep getting sent " incomplete" notices saying they want more proof of ownership. I have had 5 almost accidents since doing the recall work due to accelerator dying as I turn at traffic signals or enter the freeway!

Bruski

Dec 25, 2017
Truck Year
I just visited the Green Diesel Engineering site and every product they offer is sold out. I will try to contact them to see what is up with them. I never had the AEM performed on my truck due to so many comments about how it degraded the performance of the engine. I would like to find a tune product like GDE to upgrade the performance of my truck even though the stock performance is OK.
2016 EcoDiesel w/K&N cold air intake
Don't waste your time. Try one of the others (Sofa King, or one from Canada.) GDE got cold feet and more or less shut down after the EPA shut down one of the other tuners (there are a couple thread on this forum dealing with this issue.) Just google tunes (such as SofaKingtune) and get one that is still available.

HerbW

Dec 3, 2018
Truck Year
Yes. It was two months after they showed it in the mail. I got the recall done in May 24, 2019 and got the check in October. Filed online. They kept showing the recall incomplete and I had to mail them online a receipt from the dealer. Bug them often, it helps.

k4thdan

Feb 25, 2018
Truck Year
I did but it was a pain and took around 8 or 9 months, call in to make sure you are not missing anything. I followed the instructions perfectly but when I called in they said I needed to take a picture of my Vin with my current registration sticker and send that in as well.

TornadoTJ

Nov 15, 2019
Truck Year
Philip, given it's about to not be FCA, that is a given. :)

I have not gotten my check yet, but I just had the AEM done 4 weeks ago. I sure hate how it accelerates (or doesn't more accurately) when it's cold.

They made me take a picture of my registration sticker too, even though I had already sent in my registration receipt.

Vanhaar1

Dec 18, 2019
Truck Year
Submitted 2x no record found the first time. Resubmitted in October, Check is processing as of today but, truck is still (7 weeks) at dealer with a blown motor so I have a feeling they'll need to cut 3 checks. Recall 1, 2 and Buy Back.

Junior Gammons

Jun 22, 2018
Truck Year
Hi the latest up date on the FCA follow up. Late yesterday after the second time FCA said they would "Re-send" my offer out in 48 hours had expired. I called in just once more to talk with some one. This time I ask for a supervisor. The gentleman told me all were off but he had access to a lot of the files and could probably help me. Wow I found someone who really cared about customers. His name was Delon. In less than the time I was on hold for an agent. He had resent my offer and I actually received it. While he was doing this. He explained what would happen next and what I would need to do. Wow, they need to move this guy to the front of the line. (Maybe even send him to the RAM testing center) You know so someone could "really" review the trucks test data BEFORE THE TRUCKS ARE SOLD TO THE PUBLIC. Thanks Delon you took care of things quickly and were very informative.

Jonesy

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
Here's is today's correspondence on the websites chat app.
Alexis

Hi, my name is Alexis with FCA Customer Care, how can i help you ?

5:45:43 PM
Me

I talked to someone on October 23 and they said it would be within 6 weeks I would get a check, have not received it yet

5:48:47 PM
Alexis

thank you give me a second while i look over your claim

5:49:13 PM

so it looks like you selected full payment check. we are currently getting the rest of our mailed in submissions entered into the system, once we are finished getting them entered our system will start to generate the second check for people and the full payment check for those who picked full payment. if you would like i can change the payment option to partial payment that way in 2-4 weeks you'll get the first check and the second once we finish getting all the mailed in submissions enter

5:50:02 PM
Me

It's been over 2 months since they said 6 weeks, so when will I get the full check

5:51:23 PM
Alexis

on once we are finished getting the rest of the claims entered our system will start to generate the second check for people and the full payment check for those who picked full payment.

5:53:27 PM
Me

So you do not have a time frame, not sure why your website and someone told me within 2 weeks after selecting full payment

5:54:53 PM
Alexis

website isn't correct, the information the other person gave you was incorrect. the information i gave you is correct

5:55:58 PM

no timeframe

5:56:05 PM
Me

When do you anticipate getting the rest of the claims entered

Alexis

i don't have a time frame, i don't work in that department

5:56:51 PM

anything else i can help with at this time

5:57:46 PM
Me

apparently not

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Here's is today's correspondence on the websites chat app.
Alexis

Hi, my name is Alexis with FCA Customer Care, how can i help you ?

5:45:43 PM
Me

I talked to someone on October 23 and they said it would be within 6 weeks I would get a check, have not received it yet

5:48:47 PM
Alexis

thank you give me a second while i look over your claim

5:49:13 PM

so it looks like you selected full payment check. we are currently getting the rest of our mailed in submissions entered into the system, once we are finished getting them entered our system will start to generate the second check for people and the full payment check for those who picked full payment. if you would like i can change the payment option to partial payment that way in 2-4 weeks you'll get the first check and the second once we finish getting all the mailed in submissions enter

5:50:02 PM
Me

It's been over 2 months since they said 6 weeks, so when will I get the full check

5:51:23 PM
Alexis

on once we are finished getting the rest of the claims entered our system will start to generate the second check for people and the full payment check for those who picked full payment.

5:53:27 PM
Me

So you do not have a time frame, not sure why your website and someone told me within 2 weeks after selecting full payment

5:54:53 PM
Alexis

website isn't correct, the information the other person gave you was incorrect. the information i gave you is correct

5:55:58 PM

no timeframe

5:56:05 PM
Me

When do you anticipate getting the rest of the claims entered

Alexis

i don't have a time frame, i don't work in that department

5:56:51 PM

anything else i can help with at this time

5:57:46 PM
Me

apparently not

Yogi5676

May 30, 2016
Truck Year
UPDATE: Had another online chat to follow up about my claim. I received another email that my forms are in order and the AEM needs to be performed.I sent reciepts for work perfomed from the dealer. I informed him update was done in June and that reciepts for work was emailed. He said dealer never forwarded info to FCA. He advised a picture of sticker affixed to hood and copies of receipt with work performed would be ok proof.

I then contacted my dealer about the AEM update not being forwarded to FCA. Service manager didn’t know why. He called me back, admitted an error on their part and will rectify the discrepancy. Fingers crossed.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
Yes, I got the first 2400 in early December and was told by FCA that the balance would be sent in about 6 weeks.
Wow - don't believe that. I got my first part of the reimbursement in July of 2019, and was told if no other previous owner claim was received by August 3rd, I'd get the balance a few weeks after that. I never saw anything, so called and was told they'd extended the 'original owner' timeframe to file a claim to the end of September. At the end of October, I called again (and I've documented all my calls, who I spoke with, and what they said - both with FCA Customer Care as well as the 800 number for the Settlement Hotline) and was told they had no idea when I might receive the balance. ($615; got the original $2460 - as noted - in July.) Catching up on all these threads, sounds like a 3rd-party entity is handling it so those folks on the FCA Customer Care and/or Settlement Hotlines have NO CLUE what the 3rd party entity is doing. For all I know, they're taking FCA to the cleaners on some lucrative contract and will drag it out to stay in FCA's back pocket as long as they can.
On a note about 'Last FCA vehicle I'll ever buy...' I've had Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram (and Plymouth, before they folded that line) since 1982 or so when I bought a K-Car with ZERO frustrations. We drove our purchased-new 1999 Plymouth Voyager for 249,000 miles before buying a brand-new Jeep Compass in 2012. That's got 100K on it and no issues other than normal wear and tear. I had a purchased-new 2000 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 I kept for 16 years until getting the EcoDiesel. That's (the EcoDiesel) has been the only vehicle with any level of frustrations.